Post Notifications on/off option

There needs to be an option to turn on/off friends post notifications. 

Moderator edit: Topic

116 Comments
gg77
Jogger

also i hate the fact that just because i comment on someones post i now have to be notified every time someone else dose please let us turn this off its driving me nuts.

Yourwebgirl
First Steps

I hope the capability to turn off notifications on a specific post comes soon. Looks like it’s been a year since one of the requests I saw. Unfortunately,  I won’t be commenting/ interacting with posts anymore until this gets fixed. 

mowens16
First Steps

The fact that this is a seemingly simply feature to enable and that it hasn’t been done even with the new update is egregiously irritating. This isn’t the first time I’ve seen features asked for from the community get ignored for insane amounts of time. Fitbit, please fix this because the constant barrage of notifications we are subjected to as reward for our participation in the community is unacceptable. 

courtneyanne120
First Steps

I would like this posts date noted as exactly, almost to the day, I posted a complaint  regarding the notifications and how there needs to be an option to turn them off. FITBIT replies that they would like to see what the community thinks and low and behold a resounding FIX IT NOW. Yet here I sit, a year later, scrolling through my emails and someone commented on the thread. I curiously click to see if any progress has been made but after 366 days; disappointingly no. I like so many other FITBIT users stand at war and struggle often with the loss of commenting on friend’s progress and successes, or sharing a pic of that delicious yet incredibly small slice of cheesecake we consumed after a long fought week of beating each other’s steps. I can hope for changes by December 2019 but FITBIT; this year you failed. 

smchiu
First Steps

I commented on one post and have had over 50 notifications linked to it in less than an hour. And I can't make it stop. Unfollowing a post is a necessary feature in a community this large. 

KatieMR
Stepping Up

I 100% agree with the OP and others who HATE this feature. I don't give a single hoot about who has posted for the first time in awhile. Two moderators have mentioned they'd like to see what other people think about it, so how many people need to chime in before you take any action? Not a rhetorical question; FitBit moderators, please advise. Thank you! 

Katie

HodgiKat
First Steps

As many others have said, the constant stream of notifications makes me really not want to interact in communities any more. Please please please fix this!!! 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

How do you just disable or cut out the community thing altogether? I can't take it anymore. I just want this WHOLE feature gone!!!!!!!!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Can I just wipe out all the work I've done and reset the whole thing? That would be erasing EVERYTHING, I don't even care anymore.

rxdeanna
Stepping Up

Yes, please fix this issue!!!  There needs to be a way to turn off notifications from posts I have commented or cheered on.  I get constant notifications on my phone popping up all day!  So annoying!!!  This really makes me not want to comment or cheer people on. 😞

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I've just given up on Fitbit because of the total lack of support in this case as well as the lack of solving the issues with tracking hikes/walks from the mobile. This is not some outrageous, strange request, but a simple one that should have been solved long ago. Meanwhile, new people come to ask for a solution and there is zero reaction from Fitbit. This has put me off commenting and getting involved with the Fitbit community, which I used to enjoy at the beginning, especially some of the interest groups.

I'm definitely not going to upgrade my Fitbit to a new one when it's time for a new tracker and I've already chose a different brand of body scale just because I feared the same lack of support and reaction in case of any issues. It seems other producers are a little more supportive.

JanelleAC
Jogger

Commented on someone's post yesterday encouraging their progress. Proceeded to get notifications of other people commenting late into the night. And then I remembered why I stopped checking the community page in the first page. Please implement the option to turn off notifications of other people's comments. 

Luck_E_Stars
Recovery Runner

Wow! This suggestion was made over a year ago and still hasn't been implemented? I and many others don't want to receive notifications that someone commented on a post that you commented on. So annoying!

Monieluvv
Jogger

This is so inconsiderate on behalf of fitbit. I'm considering deleting my account just to stop the notifications. 

ChrisCA
Sprinter

Please allow users to "unsubscribe" from a thread in Community tab.
This is simply ridiculous. We can turn off Notifications for friends and a dozen other things, but not for a thread that won't die...

Mrs_Joose_Box
First Steps

I 100% agree! Every week I get the same thing "X has posted for the first time in a while". I honestly don't care to see what people posted. I really wish FitBit would make it an option to opt out of that type of notification - or just not have that notification at all.

The original post was over a year ago and it countless people have commented here. Please make this something you can opt out of and make your fans happy. 🙂

KatieMR
Stepping Up

Haha, it would seem that the FitBit moderators have turned off the notifications on this thread 😋. I wish they would give us the same luxury! 

KatieMR
Stepping Up

* their notifications

CPTMelissa
Jogger

Please make it so you can disable notifications regarding strangers comments on posts you happen to have commented on. I don’t want to use the whole community now because my notifications on my Fitbit community tab are FULLLLL of “someone you don’t know said something that’s has nothing to do with you on a post you happened to have commented on” FULL. I can’t even be bothered to sift though for important notifications. God I’m mad, anyway please fix PLEASEEEEEEEEE. I’ll buy you a book of sparkly Star Wars stickers if you tell me your going to do it!!

SWVsings
Base Runner

I add my vote to everyone else’s for the same reasons. We should be able to unfollow a post or only get an update if we have a reply from the person to whom we wrote in a public post.  If we can opt out of notifications on the Fitbit website, why can’t we opt out of notifications on the Fitbit app? 

Maaaama
First Steps

I see these complaints have been going on for over and nothing has been done about it. When can we expect to see an option to shut off notifications? I’m only two months in to using a Fitbit and am so frustrated with so many issues this thing (charge 3) has, that I’m tempted to trash it completely. The inability to shut off notifications when anybody comments on a post that I have previously commented on, is just the cherry on the awful experience sundae.

courtneyanne120
First Steps
I no longer use my fitbit app SOLEY because of this. I use the watch but have given up on trying to achieve any type of resolution to this problem.
MD0306
Jogger

I just got my Inspire HR this month and have made the mistake of interacting minimally in the community. I now get endless notifications eating up my battery and wasting my time. I have NO other social media and I did not expect to be forced into having it with FitBit. If this feature cannot be turned off, I’ll get an Apple Watch. It’s more accurate anyway. My Fitbit counts steps as I sit and watch TV if I pet the dog. Not exactly great technology. My husbands Apple Watch is much more precise and functional. 

This please!!

I want notifications from fitbit without my watch lighting up every few minutes, please!! 

KodeShark
First Steps

This is a 10 minute fix for any developer remotely familiar with their platform. It certainly shouldn't take this long to add a user/notification flag to a post. Very disappointed at the amount of spam being thrown around to users who just wanted to say good job. Fix this fitbit.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.