Post Notifications on/off option

There needs to be an option to turn on/off friends post notifications. 

Moderator edit: Topic

116 Comments
Mr.Perfect
Jogger

I probably wouldn't even mind so much, but for every notification I get, the app runs slower and slower and slower to the point of being so unresponsive, my Android phone thinks it's crashed and tries to shut it down.

SarahFox1118
Stepping Up

Why hasn't this been fixed yet??? It's been an issue ever since the app started allowing community posts. This suggestion had been here for 3 YEARS!!!! If I comment or cheer, I shouldn't get a barrage of notifications for every single further interaction on the post. At the very least, allow the muting of individual posts so we can get rid of the problematic ones.

gquilts
First Steps

You enable us to disable notifications on all bit community groups. This is such a battery drainer, it's getting annoying

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @gquilts, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding the option to turn off Community Feed notifications. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

gquilts
First Steps

My only other option to save battery life is to not get notifications at all from fitbit, which destroys the purpose of motivation, progress and reminders.

I hope others agree e me and vote for this feature 

charleskn
Distance Runner
Allow setting preferences to mobile app feed notifications. e.g. turn on/off notifications when someone cheers/comments on a post I cheered or commented on.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @charleskn, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the ability to turn off all post notifications on Community Feed. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @gquilts, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to turn off all post notifications on Community Feed. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

gquilts
First Steps
I hope so. Depending on how many posts you've replied to or made, it is a
battery killer. I did manage to kill the permission, but I'm missing
notifications I do want
KK1960Walks
Recovery Runner
I don't want to get in-app notification when friends make a post "for the first time in a while". I get tons of these notices daily but these are mixed in with other notices I do want, so I constantly have to delete these. PLEASE OFFER A WAY TO TURN THIS OFF. I know I can de-select push notifications in settings but this does not stop the IN-APP
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @KK1960Walks, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the ability to turn off all post notifications on Community Feed. I've moved it into a similar request. I think that a lot of users would like to have this option on their Fitbit devices.You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

millym
Jogger
Years later you still have not done this despite so many requests - thats why i ditched fitbit for good a couple of years ago - pathetic

Sent from my iPhone
Mhcanupp
Jogger

Who ever thought it was a good idea to automatically send endless notifications off when someone else comments on a post we've interacted with? And why wasn't there IMMEDIATELY a way designed to turn it off? It's been over 3 years and as far as I can tell, this STILL hasn't been addressed?  Even here, we are asked to check a box to agree to be notified about replies. PLEASE get on this already!

charleskn
Distance Runner
Add preferences to allow users to choose what notifications they get RE: forum posts. I do not want notifications that other people, who are not even friends, cheered or commented on a post that I cheered/commented. It makes me not want to cheer/comment on posts by friends.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @charleskn, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding the option to turn off post notifications from friends on Community Feed. I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

millym
Jogger
5 yrs down the track fitbit still ignoring this request??? Waste of space so many new trackers now 1/2 the price far more durable go away fitbit we are all done with you & no doubt this post will be deleted cos you just dont like negative feedback do you

Sent from my iPhone
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.