Post Notifications on/off option

There needs to be an option to turn on/off friends post notifications. 

Moderator edit: Topic

116 Comments
teylot
First Steps

I appreciate your efforts to build community - helps with our goals.  However, I wish we had the option to receive notifications when friends posting.  I personally do not want to know when someone posts and find it annoying.  I find it extremely annoying for you to make it mandatory and not give me the opportunity to opt out.  Please allow us the option to chose not to be notified of friends posting.  I have a FitBit Ionic.

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @teylot, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. Don't forget to add your vote!

teylot
First Steps

@LuciaFitbit - this topic was about notifications on a community post - someone makes a comment on a post and they receive notifications when someone comments on that post afterwards.  I am getting notifications when friends post period.  Are you saying the posting notification is the same?

coffeencardio
Jogger

I will never use the community or comment or cheer again until there exists a method to turn off notifications. I've had to use my phone app restrictions to prevent the entire Fitbit app form being able to send notifications for anything. No more battery notifications, nothing. Because my phone was being so flooded by community notifications that it became non functional. Please please please add a method to turn off community notifications. I can't even use my Fitbit the way it's meant to be used because of this oversight.

VeganBandit
Jogger

I can't believe this has not been addressed yet. Just do it already, this is getting embarrassing. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Funny how I have the option to turn off "Email me when someone replies" on the site and yet not in the app. The amount of notifications I'm getting just to let me know someone else commented on a post I commented on is ridiculous and I can't believe this issue was submitted over a year ago with no fix. Nobody wants to know that and there needs to be an option to turn it off. The community feature is unusable until there is a way to turn off reply notifications. 

Giselle2
First Steps

I have read all the comments about this topic. One of my favorite things about using FitBit is being able to encourage others and exchange helpful information. People shouldn’t have to think twice about leaving comments. I believe not having the option to disable additional comments on a post has caused a general decrease in commenting across the community. Please give us the freedom to comment without the barrage of notifications...it will be a much better experience for all FitBit users!

Richm41
First Steps

This is extremely frustrating not being able to turn notifications off when commenting on a post. It would make sense if it was my post but not if I just commented on it, I’m getting flooded with all these notifications from one post. This causes other notifications from friends to get pushed down on missed. Please fix this. Thanks

Jen1408
Jogger

I totally agree. I replied to a community post unaware of the consequences. Now every time a post from a unknown person it appears on my iPhone but most annoyingly it vibrates on my versa watch. I’m in Australia and mostly get vibration in the middle of the night while I’m sleeping which obviously wakes me up. It’s annoying and not right that people I don’t know appear on my iPhone and vibrate my watch. It’s pathetic. All social media has the ability to have privacy and not have strange people post on a feed that I posted vibrate on my Fitbit or come ip on my iPhone. Just ridiculous!!

millym
Jogger
Hi I posted the other day to fitbit saying - goodbye fitbit ....that - thankfully in the last 6 months loads of new brands of similar trackers on the market for 1/4 the price....I said in my post goodbye fitbit you've not listened to us who hate your new stupid ‘feed’ i have only a couple of people who unfortunately post in their social media no one wants ‘feed’ im left looking at a boring achievement post for hundreds of days when i just want to see my friends steps. I told them you've not listened im done your trackers are not durable and die with no option to get fixed ( in the UK) . In the last 4 years i have spent nearly £450 on fitbit zips that die , even slightest knock or even no bump they die...none has lasted me more than a year ....my response from them for my post was from has been from a moderator ‘ your post has been deleted ‘ basically because of multiple posts about the same issue and i quote they said ‘ negativity’ ! Says it all they are not interested in consumers because for years they had the market- look now huge amount of new brands with trackers that do exactly the same - great reviews from people & cost 1/4 the price. Ive gone with a Yamay tracker. Fitbit will sink if they dont improve their responses and respect for people who've spent a lot of money on their sub standard stuff.
Jen1408
Jogger
Thank you for your reply.

Kind Regards
Jenny Di Vincenzo
Sent from my iPhone
renbyrd
First Steps

Because I am STILL unable to turn off post notifications from FitBit, I will not join any of the Community Groups, even those with topics that would be beneficial to me (Healthy Eating, At Work). It’s seriously an issue that 1) this feature isn’t available and 2) this feature request has been suggested for over a year. 

galundrux
Jogger

We clearly all want this to end, can you guys just fix it already? There is no reason for there not to be an option to turn these off unless you want us to abandon the community feature altogether. 

Cyanina
First Steps

If this would turn up on Google when searching for a way to disable notifications and you didn't have to sign in to like, I bet it would have thousands!!

StephanieFuda
First Steps

This is still an issue, is there a roadmap of new features that would show us where this request falls on the priority list?

itsbreesus
First Steps

Fitbit developers delivered this, just in time for Christmas! Thank you for listening to your users!

Moderators should be able to mark this resolved. Hooray!

Crysnica
Jogger
What? I still don’t see that option.
millym
Jogger

Where is the option ? Taken over 2 years to respond to hundreds of consumers hating your stupid ‘feed’ with no option to turn off! After dusting down my last fitbit still cant see the option- i jumped ship to Yamay months ago - its great but i do admit i preferred fitbit dashboard etc....but your stubborness in removing the feed i felt i had no choice, plus the fact your zips just not durable. Make zips knock proof get rid of the feed i would definitely consider maybe zip again. 
i sort of expect this post to be deleted because once again of my ‘negativity’. Fitbit if you cannot listen to the people that buy your product and dont liike comments that you disagree with - you will sink into the ether! 

Karen8890
Keeping Pace

I'm not seeing it either and my Fitbit app updated earlier today.

courtneyanne120
First Steps

Today’s date is Monday, December 30, 2019 and I still get emails from this thread about this issue. I’m absolutely blown away that this has not been resolved yet...Guess I’ll keep an eye on my emails and hopefully 2020 fitbit gets their act together. Happy New Year! 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

If I cheer or comment on a post in a group, then I get continuous notifications of other cheers and comments. It’s not so much the alerts because I’m general, I don’t like alerts other than email, texts, and calls. I’m talking about the fact that my notifications in the Fitbit app being full of irrelevant fluff. To counter this, I can stop cheering and commenting; however, I think that defeats the purpose of the community tab.

DaveFooty
First Steps

@itsbreesus where is this fix please? I cant find a solution anywhere and same as everyone else it does my head in
KatieMR
Stepping Up

I don't know if it's the same for everyone, but I was able to turn it off by going into my phone's settings, and turning off the app notification from there; the notification is called

"Community replies/cheers"

Hope that helps!  

Not sure if this is the right area... But I have a VERSA and I am getting vibrated EVERY SINGLE TIME someone likes or laughs at a Comment in a Group TEXT MESSAGE... This is Driving me Crazy!! My breakfast was disturbed this morning to people liking last night's comments and then comments made this morning and more people liking those comments!! I do not want to turn off the Comments, I just want to turn off the Liking & Laughing of comments!! How can I do that??? It's Driving me Crazy!!!

Andreanut
First Steps

Please make this an option Fitbit! There's no need to be constantly notified about posts. We want to support each other but not be constantly bombarded. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.