Put the same features on all platforms (Fitbit.com vs. Fitbit app Android-iOS)

I use the Android app and the fitbit.com website, and it's frustrating that the feature content is different between these interfaces. For example, I get "sleep score" in the app but not on the website. I can use the app to change the clockface on my Inspire HR but not to change between 12 and 24 hour mode - I have to do this via the website. There are probably other differences that I haven't discovered yet. Any chance of a unified requirements specification? Update details.

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity

45 Comments
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @dsecureh, thanks for sharing this suggestion about including the daily sleep score on the fitbit.com dashboard with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Bil1179
Stepping Up

I have been a Fitbit user for many years and am impressed with your technology.

Unfortunately, my eyesight isn't what it should be. So, being able to see the Fitbit information on a large screen is necessary. The combination of the web site fitbit.com and my very large computer monitor is a perfect solution.

Since your goal is to sell more devices and a happier customer base buys more devices, I suggest the following:

The website should contain all the information that the phone app does. Plus basic displays all of the sensor data recorded by the device. Also this data should be downloadable in a CSV format. The premium features should be advanced correlation of these data and other sophisticated features. But, the raw data and basic data display is part of what was purchased with the device. It feels greedy to not supply it as is it part of what was already paid for. 

There definitely is a place for premium. But it should truly be a collection of Premium features not just basic access to what your device is tracking. There are plenty of truly great features and data analysis which would genuinely feel like a premium feature. Customers would be eager to signup for these desirable added sophisticated features as opposed to feeling ripped off having to pay for basic access to what they already paid for.

The website with the associated larger computer monitors provides opportunities to provide a much more detailed (premium) display of the data. If the data is kept in a raw format user's data base, Then each new display of the data is simply a program which reports the data in a different format. This allows new sophisticated customer pleasing features to be added at a relatively low cost.

It would be wonderful if the no-cost/basic/non-premium features included some reports that your physician would be interested it.

P.S. I realize that making a device truly waterproof as well as sensitive to changes in air pressure (altimeter/floor sensing) are conflicting design criteria. Thank you for choosing waterproof.

charleskn
Distance Runner

@Bil1179 Something you can try, if this fits your budget. I have an Android based table and a Chromebook. Both run the Fitbit app, on a larger screen, which might help. If you're an Apple guy, I assume the same is probably true for an Apple tablet device.

Tamarin
Stepping Up

I prefer to use the website dashboard to check my information and I find it frustrating that I can't get all the same data on sleep etc. on the website as well. I also wish that they would not bury the dashboard under an ad for new products. It irritates me that when I click on dashboard I get an ad. I already like Fitbit products, when I'm ready to buy a new one, I will go to the page about new products. 

RobS22
First Steps
Please work to make the features and functionality between the web app and the mobile (Android) app work similarly and have the same capabilities.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @RobS22, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about making the features and functionality between the website and the mobile app (Android) work similarly and have the same capabilities. I've moved it into a similar request. I think that a lot of users would like to have this option on their Fitbit devices. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

KarlUB
Jogger
From a general perspective (food logging, sleep scores, etc.) nothing should EVER require-- or only be available on-- a smartphone app. The online dashboard should be all that is necessary.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @KarlUB, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about including daily sleep score on the 'Fitbit.com Dashboard' since you prefer this platform in general. I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

You might be also interested in this other suggestion: Add sleep score on Web Dashboard.

elal80
First Steps
i find it much more convenient to view items on my pc instead of the phone. I would like to see the ap work identically on both the pc and phone. And also, being able to compare results from specific days would help cardiologist see normal vs. episodic.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @elal80, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about showing same stats on Dashboard using computer. I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

You might be also interested in these other requests: Allow support for Windows 10/PCs app for all devices and More features on the Fitbit App PC.

elal80
First Steps

I too would like the pc to be more robust in its reporting of the FitBit activity.

My cardiologist would be very interested in the heart rate activity to help identify 'normal' vs. 'episodic' events.

charleskn
Distance Runner

I can understand some variation in functionality, but having seen the level of differences in the iOS and Android apps, there has to be a better common ground. I could live with some functional differences with the web interface, but the web interface is crucial, especially when the apps refuse to connect. Being able to login and validate data on the server side is helpful with troubleshooting. It would be awesome to be able to see logs, related to my app activity; such as when my app syncs and if there were errors.

chb803
First Steps
It would be nice if the same information I get from my phone was on the dashboard.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @chb803, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about showing same features in all Fitbit platforms. I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

accote
Recovery Runner
The dashboard on the website is outdated and does not show same info like in the Fitbit Mobile App. Text/Icon are at times overlapping others. The Website Interface should be updated to reflect same features as the Mobile App.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @accote, thanks for sharing this suggestion about updating the online dashboard so it can reflect the same features included on the Fitbit app with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Royaledawn
First Steps
I am looking for an easier way to track my glucose and carb intake. I use my computer mostly and find that much that on on my phone app doesn't transfer to my dashboard and would be nice and easier for me if it did. Seeing little dots does not help me understand what is actually going on and no able to see my glucose on the dashboard hurts me
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Royaledawn, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about having all apps on Fitbit app available on web dashboard with us. I noticed this product feedback was already requested on this board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

Jimmy_Z
Jogger

Yes, it would be most helpful to put the same features on all platforms now that Google is involved.  I'm especially interested in the sleep score being available on my PC.  Seniors like the desktop's screen size and keyboard...a lot easier to enter data and use other features there rather than on the cell app. 

Since it has been some time since the last post, would FB Support please provide us with a status/timeframe projection for completion?  TY

elal80
First Steps

Glad to see there is someone else out there looking for consistency and easy use on the PC.

Thanks. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.