Recovery HR for HR tracker's displayed on graphs

As 1 and 2 minute recover HR are a major indicator of heart health and mortality. It would be great to see this reading available on the dashboard. The data is there, either take the reading 1 or 2 minutes after a workout is indicated as ended, or allow the user to picka spot on the graph and show the HR readings 1 minuter later.

The MS band has a very good implementation of this.

Moderator edit: Added labels and updated title for clarity

65 Comments
dbregman
Jogger

As recovery HR is one of the key measures of fitness - it would be great to report the 1 and 2 minute recovery heart rate after a workout.  This would just require reporting the HR reading for those times in the dashboard.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

dmj1987
Jogger

Completely agree to this, recovery heart rate is a great indicator of general fitness - very easy to implement as well, would just be a simple calculation if you wear the tracker for 2,5,10 minutes after finishing tracking an activity.  Only thing i'd add is don't restrict it to the Surge, include for Charge HR as well!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

The Fitbit ChargeHR is advertisted as having real-time heart monitoring yet I can only see "real-time" data if I have my iPhone connected and running the App or if I keep tapping the button to turn on the Fitbit display. All I can get out of the webpage is my heart rate at 5 minute intervals.

I want to be able to see my hearrate on a graph broken down to at least the minute. Makes determining what is going on in a 30 minute work out much easier.

Michael
5K Racer

@SunsetRunner So why don't you log your workout, by holding the button until your Charge HR vibrates to start/stop it, and then you can see the HR data for that workout down to a very detailed level. (I can't recall if it is every second, or every 5 seconds.)

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

@Michael Thanks! I didn't realise I could drill into activities. Fortunatly I did use the activity function for my job yesterday and I can see the details I need.

I'd still love more granulatity of my overall data so I don't have to manually start/stop an activity.

dbario
Stepping Up

This would elevate the device to a whole new level. I am surprised it missing.

Hilyerb
Stepping Up

A great indicator of how fit you are is how good your heart rate recovers in 2 minutes. I would like Fitbit charge HR to do that automatically.

Moderator Edit: Labels

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I would love to see this measurement.... Also the Microsoft Band includes this measurement along with V02Max.... Fitbit should add these to compete!  

Jonah10
Jogger

This would be an excellent feature and I support it. One vote for you!

Status changed to: New
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

@Hilyerb This is a great idea! I imagine having that indicator as a graph, calculating how good the heart rate recovers in 2 minutes. I believe users will love to have those details about the heart rate. It is all about being fit and having a healthy heart. Hopefully this will be implemented in the future, so keep voting! Thank you for the idea request and remember that if you have more; you can always post them. 

serj
Jogger

There should be a way to change the frequency of the heart rate data storage. I believe that the normal storage frequency is once every 5 minute and the workout frequency is once a minute, but since I maily use the fitbit when I workout, I would want to be able to store data once a minute all the time. I like using the GPS tracking on the phone app to track my runs, but in order to get more frequent heart rate data, I also need to enter workout mode on the device. I really don't want to set up two devices (phone and fitbit) to get information on a run.

[Or another possibility would be that if you enter workout mode from the phone, that the device (as it is already synched) would also enter workout mode without someone having to do it manually]

dbregman
Jogger

There seems that there has not been any movement on this.  The data is there, it just needs to be exposed.

Michael
5K Racer

Actually it is every 5 seconds all the time, and every second during an activity.

WilsonFilson
Recovery Runner

FitBit - please add this feature!

Sdwcam01
First Steps
I know that peak and heart rate zones are important, but I would also love to be able to access (or see realtime) how quickly my heart rate is recovering after being in one of the higher zones. I know this is a huge indicator of true fitness level.
SC3385
First Steps

Agreed, would love to see something like this.  I'd like to be able to track my progress over time for my recovery from a 3 minute step test or other peak HR.

dbregman
Jogger
Additional information: I put this in for a feature reqest for the surge (when I was testing it). I now use the Charge HR and would like to see this feature as it is a good predictor of mortality (heart health): http://healthyliving.azcentral.com/difference-heart-rate-recovery-time-after-workout-8281.html The data is there - can anyone figure out how to expose it? All the is needed is the abilty to pick a point and see the HR one minute after - or automatically create a recovery HR reading after a workout is ended on the band.
Magnum14
First Steps
Is it possible to see my heart rate shown in minutes ? I had an incident of my heart racing and I would have liked to share that data with my cardiologist
EnjoyToday
Recovery Runner

I Love Your Idea, Sdwcam01!

By the time I stop running, set the timer and watch heart rate, I've either recovered or I've forgotten what I was doing. (Not unusual for me...)

It would be cool if we could push the appropriate button at the end of exercise and have the unit show us, perhaps, Time Elapsed and Rate Drop So Far.

Maybe something like "1 Minute 20 BPM". "2 Minutes, 22 bpm", "30 Minutes, Call An Ambulance". 

Perhaps a summary chart or graph at the end of time would be helpful, too.

Thanks For Suggesting This Feature! I'll bet people would use it and love it.

Enjoy This Day!

Paul

Nakkinektari
Recovery Runner

Hello,

I would like to see an a custom setting for the user how often heart rate is measured in minutes for example every 1-60 minutes.

jayking71
First Steps

Just bought Blaze yesterday with the assumption that recovery HR info would be available.  

Guys - this is a really useful metric and, as other users have identified, you already have the data.  Hoping you can version this in.  If it's in progress already, please flag it?  

Trying to decide whether or not to keep this device right now as I loved my Flex but my needs have shifted.  Thanks.

CHW46
First Steps

I agree, it's really one of the most important factors in determining fitness

Sdwcam01
First Steps
That's what I've heard over and over. I'd love
To see the Fitbit calculate it, especially between sprints or hard sets!

Sent from my iPhone
ahefner33
Base Runner
Like on other work apps, there can be a feature that records your heart rate when you stop exercise and what it is at 1 minute and 2 minutes
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AlvaroFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

This is a really convenient idea. It could automatically record the next 2 minutes after you have manually tracked an activity so you can check this information on your website/app Dashboard. It could also apply to activities recorded using your phone.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.