Recovery/ Injured / Sick mode or required rest

I had a nasty cold all week so of course I am only at about 50% on most goals, and it brings my average way down. I wish there was a way to hit "Pause" on your counting so you can focus on getting healthy and continue on your goals when you are better.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels/Title for Clarity

188 Comments
JohnnyRow
Cosmic Hurdler

Or you could just turn on DND in quick settings for a day,

taupehat
First Steps

Yeah, that works. I forgot to add in the original post that this would be in response to a steps reminder, long-press "turn off for one day." A lot easier to handle, especially when not feeling great.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @taupehat, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding a 'Sick mode' on Fitbit app. I've moved it into a similar request. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support. 

While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

Risubio
First Steps
A button, mode, tracker, or something for when we get sick.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Risubio, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding a sick mode on the Fitbit app. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support. 

Zenko
First Steps
It can be easy to tell when you are on the cusp of injury or risk injury by pushing yourself to try and get zone minutes. Having a score of 100 while feeling like a breeze will knock you over is a little much
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Zenko, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding an 'Injured Mode' to avoid pushing yourself getting Active Zone Minutes. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

merzydoats53
First Steps
Shared this on Twitter:
@Fitbit
Consider adding an option on the app to add 'disabled' days. It would allow some of us to track flares, broken things, etc., that mess up our workout goals. For example, I was on Prednisone and a cane for five days last week and couldn't get my pitiful little steps in.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @merzydoats53, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about having a disability tracking option on the Fitbit app. Because a similar product feedback was already requested in this board, I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

joelanier
Jogger
If you are sick, following the directions of Fitbit to get going, is not useful. Need option to enter health status, and adjust recommendations as appropriate, based on age and current medical status. Not everyone is 20 years old and in the prime of health.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @joelanier, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about being ale to add a health status on the Fitbit app to receive more appropriate recommendations with us. Because this product feedback was already requested in this board, I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

Naijam
First Steps
Most people experience days when they are not able to crush it! Sick, period, sick child, travelling…
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Naijam, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about having a sick or resting option on the Fitbit app with us. We found two similar ideas already existing on this board and you can see them here:

Please support these ideas by adding your vote as this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time. To learn more about how Fitbit decides what product feedback is developed, visit
our FAQs.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.