Refurbish damaged Fitbits as a service to existing customers

My Fitbit Charge HR just stopped syncing for no apparent reason.  My only option is to purchase a new Fitbit.  Why not offer an option to refurbish a customer's fitbit?

Moderator edit: Labels

5 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

Nleckert
First Steps

Fitbit should allow users to refurbish older devices and buy them back or should purchase old devices to refurbish and sell to other customers 

MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Nleckert, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here.

jtanthum
First Steps

@JuanAthlete wrote:

My Fitbit Charge HR just stopped syncing for no apparent reason.  My only option is to purchase a new Fitbit.  Why not offer an option to refurbish a customer's fitbit?

I second this. Every FitBit I have purchased has stopped working due to a minor defect (e.g., band breaking, battery malfunctioning). I wish there was a way to either have the unit repaired or to send it back to the manufacturer for refurbishing so that we can reduce cost and also our impact on the environment. It seems wasteful to e-waste a unit that is salvageable...

wws1509
Jogger

I totally agree.

I have a Versa that has a screen defect, pixelated vertical lines which happened when in warranty but wasn't reported till this week because of my personal situation with the current Covid pandemic. As the Customer Service dept are standing by their 'out of warranty policy' I have a unit that needs a minor repair but alas there are no product service options anywhere. Instead I've been offered a 35% discount on a new purchase.

Unfortunately I can't make any further investment into a brand that treat their consumers with arrogance and offer no service option on expired warranty products.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.