Remove Completed Challenges from App

It would be great that when completed challenges are finished that you have the option to delete them off your app screen.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

64 Comments
Schwags47
Jogger

Problem: Customers have requested an option to remove completed challenges from their app home screen for five years straight, and FitBit hasn’t addressed it. Yes, I posted in the old forum too, but that was made back in 2015 and the problem still hasn’t been addressed. So basically now, along with many other customers, I have 2 problems:

1) the original problem of not being able to delete old challenges, and more importantly:

2) FitBit can’t seem to pay someone to make a minor tweak in the app’s code to fix a problem that’s 5 years old, but instead they continually pay people to move customer comments about this to a 5-yr-old forum that they know will never be addressed by FitBit.

Honestly, both of these should be a quick fix and it would save FitBit money over time so they don’t have to keep moving comments to the old one, where they’ll probably never be read by FitBit in the first place. Just fix the obvious bug already!

I paid $200 for my Versa 2, and am now considering returning it after I find that the challenges, one of FitBit’s main sources of motivation, have a bug and never go away over time. Instead they clog up the home screen of the FitBit app like spam. What the heck guys? It’s a simple code fix that will honestly probably take 5 minutes for someone who knows what they’re doing.

Please do not move me to the previous forum, as I and many of your other customers are actually trying to get this resolved, rather than being put in a 5-year-old forum. 

Moderator edit: all-caps

bmerrow
Recovery Runner
Agree with you and the many others who complained of this issue (as did I)
- Fitbit needs to listen to customers if they wish to have customers.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Schwags47 . Thanks for sharing your suggestion about being able to delete your completed challenges from the Fitbit app dashboard. I've moved your post here as this feature suggestion already exists. This will helps us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. We're striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. Your feedback is truly appreciated.

Kaysee712
Jogger

Just came here to say I concur with this idea, I get so annoyed when dead challenges sit on top on my other items. Once a winner is announced why can’t I get rid of it? 

bmerrow
Recovery Runner
you can now do this in latest fitbit app build
Kaysee712
Jogger

@bmerrow  how? I am not able to figure it out if thats true.

bmerrow
Recovery Runner
The newest version of the app has an Edit button - press that and you will
see circles with X in them appear above each object - press the X button to
remove any item, including finished challenge items.
Kaysee712
Jogger
The challenges do not have the red dot next to them like everything else does on my edit menu.

Sent from my iPhone
bmerrow
Recovery Runner
The newest version of the app has an Edit button - press that and you will
see circles with X in them appear above each object - press the X button to
remove any item, including finished challenge items.
Note I am referring to the Android app Version 3.21 (20243500)
DMGood
Jogger
Fitbit has single-handedly produced the worst customer experience since the day I first posted this thread. Nothing has gotten better. Their products have gotten cheaper, their software more expensive and they still can’t fix this stupid simple problem. First class asses.

Sent from my iPhone
First Steps
When Goal day is over on Thursday for example, it still shows up on your Today on Saturday. After the time to sync closes out, it should be up for a time period of 5 hours. Members don’t want to see it forever. Same exact issue with weekly challenges and weekend warrior.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @486, thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to remove the completed challenges from the Fitbit app with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

First Steps

This has been an issue since 2015. When will this be updated?

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this Product Feedback! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides what product feedback is developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.