Show Time I Drank or Logged Water Consumption

It would be nice if water tracking had a time associated to it when you enter it. That way I can double check if I just entered the glass of water I am drinking or if it was the glass I drank hours ago (so I don't accidentally duplicate it.)

For the time being I am just developing a habit of always logging water before I start drinking it.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

38 Comments
zoara
Recovery Runner

I'd like a timestamp to say when I logged each drink of water. Currently the website and the iOS app can both show a list of individual drinks, but not when they were logged.

As I'm a bit disorganised, I often don't log drinks immediately, which means when I do log them I can forget whether I already logged that lunchtime drink amongst the three already in the list, or whether I need to log it now.

Note, I'm not asking for editable timestamps for when I actually had the drink (as a developer, I can see the extra complexity that seemingly-simple request could add, bith at the front end and the back!). I'd just like a non-editable timestamp showing when I actually logged it.

Thanks.

Catzy
Jogger

I miss this option, too! I often can't remember if I already logged them or not. A timestamp would give me a better idea to recall what happened.

Thanks! 🙂

J3d1
Jogger

Agreed. I occassionally finish a glass of water while I'm doing something and then when I realize the glass is empty I can't recall if I logged it. Having a time stamp on the entries would help me stay organized. Also, as the app still occasionally mysteriously duplicates entries, it would be easier to catch erronious entries.

whital
Recovery Runner

Agree! It would be great to also know when I drink my water and then gain insight into whether I feel better during the day drinking more in the morning, more in the afternoon, even across the day, etc. 

DeniseRi
Jogger

Ditto all of the above! I am very interested in my water intake and would love to see this add-on! P.S. LOVING my Charge HR and the Fitbit community/app (I'm an Android user, by the way - Samsung Galaxy S5).

GFKJJW
Stepping Up
It would be really helpful if entries for water tracking showed the time they were entered and sorted by the time they were entered. I have a hard time remembering when I last tracked with the current format.
sarawithanh
Recovery Runner

I absolutely agree! I've been thinking it would be great to have a time stamp that registers when I logged my water because I have a 21 oz water bottle that I drink several times a day, so my log is just a list of "21 ounces" entries and sometimes I can't remember if I logged the bottle I finished a couple of hours ago or not. And looking at the log doesn't tell me because, without a timestamp, the entries are all identical. Right now I just try to get it logged the moment I empty the bottle, but as previously mentioned I am sometimes distracted doing other things when I finish the bottle and forget to log it, but then later I'm not sure if I forgot or not. A timestamp would let me know if I got a particular bottle entered.

mashanks1
First Steps

I really think this feature needs to be added. It seems like something that is so simple to do. 

Please add it!

Status changed to: New
Mcore
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
Mcore
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

This is an awesome idea @leobauza! Thank you for sharing it with us. I will gladly send this to our team members in charge so they can take it into consideration.

Any other ideas you might have, feel free to share or vote for them, if it’s already suggested in the Feature Request Forum.

Take care!

PerfectBlue
Strider

When we record our daily water consumption, is it possible to include a time field, so that I can track when I'm consuming water. For example, so I can check if I'm spreading it out through the day or grouping it tightly.

It would also be useful to include a feature so that we can say if it was water, or some other drink.

Colton
Jogger
Sometimes I forget if I've added my last glass of water or not. I'd like to be able to see a time stamp so I can tell. That way there's less room for error on my part. The more water the better though.
Janetlang1
First Steps

Add time option for logging water and list each entry separate. When I'm busy, I can't remember if I have logged my drink or not.

Moderator edit: Added labels and edited title for clarity

fromthewoods
First Steps

Yup +1

It would be very nice to be able to see a timestamp when looking at the Water Log so you can see when exactly you entered the last drink.

Status changed to: New
SilviaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

That's a great idea! I think this could totally help us to drink more water and to know when you drank it. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Good day to all! I got a charge HR. Could a time stamp for the water intake tab be included? I sometimes forget if I've logged at a certain time. Appreciate the app very much and all the people behind it.
BorgSPeon
Jogger

Also when I am traveling and go through a couple bottles of water I forget if I log one, but not the other. Time stamp would help because I would know I finished this bottle in X around Y time and the other bottle in A at around Z time.

Billjbafan
Stepping Up

So I love my Fitbit blaze and I know I've seen somethings about it but I'm gonna lay it all down. So I work outdoors and often times in very hot climates and I drink a lot of water and even after drinking a lot of water I feel sick from heat illnesses. A time stamp for water intake within the dashboard would be amazing for people like me who work Outdoors in hot climates and that way if I start to feel ill I can just check to see when the last time I drank water was, not to mention let's say I actually go to an emergency room because of a heat illness and they wanna know when I drank water last and how much water I've had to drink. With that being said I would also like to see a daily graph for water intake in the dashboard kinda like how everything else is that breaks it down by the hour. I really think this would benefit a lot of Fitbit users... I'm sure that this suggestion can be implemented by a simple firmware update

Moderator Edit: Labels

SamKdsi
Premium User
First Steps

Yes please! It's already tracking the frequency. Just add the time associated with the addition. 

I have to rely on other apps for that now 😞

rachna
First Steps
Water logs should have timestamps to help know when did we consume water. Also, it would help in cases where one has by-mistakely added the same log twice but hasn't actually consumed that much amount of water (It has actually happened with me). One should be able to backtrack and verify.
catokid
First Steps

Other apps do this - please implement so that we don't miss/duplicate entries!

Wyzec
Jogger

This is one of those must have features - if one cannot avoid to put duplicates, answering the question 'did I drink or not?', there is no real use of this feature.

I was really surprised to find this feature not been done usable with both date AND time in the water log. Even more surprised is that this feature request has been here for TWO full YEARS without being solved, especially as this must be really easy to implement as it does not require integration with fitbit devices. Does this way of socially requesting features really work? When something like this does not hit the decision makers what should one think of it all? I really like the concept all in all but basic expected features should not be an issue to support!

Tracilforgey
First Steps

Would love to know what time I entered my water.

alex_fit
Jogger

Drinking enough water is key to recover your body and mind!

I would like to suggest to small improvements that would make water tracking easier and your app experience more consistent!

Can you add a time stamp to entered water records! eg recorded 750ml at 11:10... that would solve some confusion if users ready entered a water intake or not.

And second, would be great to see the weekly average already during the week (eg like you do with sleep) and not only after the week! Thanks!

NCGeorge212
Jogger

I think a time stamp would be hugely beneficial on the app for when you track water!! I'm so forgetful and try to track it when i fill my bottle... but i'll finish and realize i don't remember if i did that or not! If there was a time stamp it might help remember if the last time I logged was anytime recent!!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.