Remove "Active Call" notification

The "Active Call" notification is unnecessary as it is redundant since the user will already know they are on an active call.
43 Comments
ColleenD213
Jogger

I'd vote for this issue to be resolved 100 times if I could.

wallawe
First Steps

@LizzyFitbit what do we need to do to get a response here? coming up on a year since this was first brought up. 

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone! Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. Let me share our development team evaluates and takes every request posted in the Feature Suggestions into consideration for new updates or product development. Currently this suggestion about removing the Active Call notification is under review and once we have more details, we'll update it accordingly, so please watch this space for status updates.

To learn more about this board and how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released, see our FAQs. Thanks again for your patience and keep adding your suggestions.

nacinla
Recovery Runner

Agree. Truly annoying, especially since they don't disappear after you've long hung up. I often have to clear several call messages long after they were made. The Charge 5 is a terrible product; slow to sync and often miscalculates steps, if at all. I'm just waiting for the next Apple Watch and then I'll be rid of this junk.

AngryTaylor
First Steps

Currently this suggestion about removing the Active Call notification is under review

This request was put in almost a full year ago.

and once we have more details, we'll update it accordingly, so please watch this space for status updates.

What details do you require? Please inform the product team that you can reach me directly for any technical information, detailed step lists to reproduce, and to assist with fixing this as a beta tester for a patch.

KaneD
Jogger

I can see that incoming call notification is useful. But once I've answered or initiated the call I don't need to have the notification popping up every 62 sec (that's the time between each of 14 notifications during my 16min call). I KNOW I'M ON THAT CALL.

What is worse - those notifications don't disappear after the call ended - they accumulate in the notifications section. I have to then clear them one by one - not using clear all - in case there could be some different notification between.

PLEASE give us an option to disable Active Call notification - or even remove it altogether if you can't make it optional. This is the most useless notification, without a reason to exist and very annoying one.

jamie.burns
First Steps

Please allow me to disable Active Call notifications while in call.

NEED FitBit to act as “ringer” for my cellphone.  Don’t want distracting vibration every minute during a call.

Have owned FitBit since it was a”pocket/belt loop” device.

Should my next one be Apple Watch?

texasmeg
Jogger

This is a super annoying “feature”.  Clearly I know I’m on a call.  Sometimes for unknown reasons, my charge 5 will buzz over and over again, like every 30 seconds, on one call alerting me that I am on the phone. So so so annoying!!!! Like why???!?!?! Why was this ever a thing that anyone needs a notification for??  

KaneD
Jogger

Buzzing is very annoying indeed but another very annoying thing is that all those notifications for one phonecall are preserved as separate events -
at the end of the day I can get twenty to thirty notifications - rendering this notifications feature useless as any important notification is lost among those
active phone call c**p.

Fitbit - If you can't fix those repeating and piling up Active Call notifications then give us an options to switch them off.
If you can't give us an option to switch them off then please just remove those altogether.

krysti01
First Steps

I just upgraded my Fitbit to a Charge 5 and this "active call" feature has me regretting that I didn't get an Apple Watch like my husband suggested! I seriously think that I'm getting a text message from someone every time I'm on a call!!! Absolutely the most annoying feature ever! The Fitbit team did NOT think this one through!

S_Susie
Jogger

I have had my Fitbit Charge 5 for 24 hours now and the vibration alert telling me I am on a call, repeatedly throughout the call is so annoying. Please fix it asap

gbel1975
Recovery Runner

Can't believe this is still a problem after so long. Just got my Charge 5 a couple of days ago and will likely return due to this problem. What a pain. 

KaneD
Jogger

To be fair - I do have to admit that I haven't noticed this issue anymore - not recently at least. I'm not sure what happened that stopped it. Maybe update in app or the firmware of the tracker?
I can see that there is new update in AppStore available and I'm scared of updating my app worrying that the issue may come back.
Fitbit firmware Version: 57.20001.171.50

mandyfin
Recovery Runner

This is very annoying. I don’t need to be notified when I’m making a call.

Bettysav
First Steps

Is this still not fixed? Just got the five and it drives me insane. Googling how to turn off and landed here. Thanks!

gbel1975
Recovery Runner
I think a fix might have been pushed out, but I ultimately returned and got
an Apple Watch, which I love!
KaneD
Jogger

Multiple call notifications seems to be fixed now. Fitbit firmware version 57.20001.188.58.

Seing
First Steps

Please remove “Active Call” notifications. I already know I’m on an active call. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.