Remove "Active Call" notification

The "Active Call" notification is unnecessary as it is redundant since the user will already know they are on an active call.
43 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @SunsetRunner, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about removing the "Active Call" notification on the Fitbit devices with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

correctthedate
Keeping Pace
Add an option to remove the repeated, unnecessary and extremely annoying “active call” notifications. I know when I’m on a call (especially if I’ve made it) I don’t need a notification every minute or so to tell me, I don’t want to just ignore them, as I could miss an important notification.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @correctthedate, thanks for sharing this suggestion about removing the "Active Call" notification from your Charge 5 during your phone call with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. We appreciate your feedback and to keep tracking this request over time, please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

correctthedate
Keeping Pace

Hi Lizzyfitbit, I have already voted on this thread, but then realised it was from April so before the charge 5 was released, so obviously for a different device, hence starting a new thread specific to the charge 5, as didn’t know whether it had been resolved for the other device and thought suggestions were meant to be device specific, (this was never a problem on my charge 2, so clearly not an issue for all devices) Also I haven’t had a phone call with you that must be someone else, but at least I’m not the only 1 with this annoying issue. Hopefully it was resolved for the other device and the necessary programming can be put into an update for the charge 5, or the unnecessary programming removed, hope that makes sense. 

healthiernest
Jogger

This bug is really annoying. Being notified of an Active Call that I placed makes zero sense.

And Fitbit users have been asking for this to be fixed for more than two years:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Other-Versa-Smartwatches/Active-Call-Notifications/td-p/3784809

Why has this still not been fixed?

---------

Here's another post from years ago of the same problem:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Other-Charge-Trackers/Charge-3-showing-Active-Call-quot/m-p/3867121

Fitbit: Please fix this!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Another +1 for this to be fixed please - can we have an option to disable it at least?

Very annnoying and distracting to have my FitBit constantly alerting me to the fact I'm on my phone.

An update/comment would be appreciated - it looks like this is just being ignored.

prefit
First Steps

I actually returned my Charge 5 because of this. It was vibrating at least once per minute while I had an active call. During a 20 minute call it probably buzzed at me at least 15 times. I realized later that I may have been a short distance from my phone so it may have been disconnecting and reconnecting. Regardless, the notification is totally redundant - if I'm on an active call, I know I'm on a call, and I don't need my fitness tracking vibrating to tell me the same.

Jules151091
First Steps

I have the same problem with my charge 5. During a call the watch is showing the notification „active call“ and is buzzing every single minute… this is super annoying. I am thinking about returning the watch… or is there a chance to solve the problem?!

prefit
First Steps

FWIW I tried out the Versa 3 and Sense after returning the Charge 5 and the issue is much less annoying on the Versa 3 and Sense. It still vibrates once when the call starts but not the infuriating once per minute vibe that was happening with the Charge 5.

She-raOG
First Steps

Fitbit,  

I just updated from a Charge 2 to a Charge 5 and this needless notification is clearly a bug. 

I am thinking I will return the Charge 5 unless this but will be resolved. Is there an ETA to fix it please?

beckers122
Stepping Up

I agree - & there seems to be a slight time delay so I always think I’m getting a new incoming call when I just placed one …

Eil878
First Steps

why is this not fixed yet?

PapiRazZiii
First Steps

Hello I see these posts from 2021. Has this been solved? It is really annoying PLUS the battery doesn’t last the time it’s supposed too! 

cmd1995
First Steps

@LizzyFitbit is there any update on the status of this issue or any potential solves? Thanks in advance!

Tye321
First Steps

Any update here? This is a super annoying bug 

yodnver
First Steps

Any updates on this?  Just got my Charge 5 yesterday and I am thinking about returning it as the Active Call notification is super annoying.  Maybe I am missing something, but I don't understand how this would be helpful to anyone.  

mooshak
Jogger

I would also like to know about any updates on this -- this has been super annoying. It's really frustrating to have the phone vibrate every single minute when I'm on a call and then have to clear 15 notifications after the call has ended.

--------

Also, I would simply just turn off the call feature, but it's really helpful to be notified when I'm receiving a call when my phone is not directly next to me or if I can't hear the vibration. There doesn't seem to be a separate setting however of having the option to turn off the active call notifications.

Alex47756
Jogger

Come on, Fitbit! I am a first time buyer of Fitbit and the active call notification is super annoying and the fact that this change request has been open since September last year is ridiculous and shows you either don't read your community pages or don't care. Do better please.😡

cindy_p
Recovery Runner

I too would like to be posted when disabling this is an option.  As mentioned already, it is very annoying while on the call to continually be notified you are on a call.

meb92
First Steps

Also requesting this change and echoing everything else that has been said. It is super annoying and completely unnecessary. I would just disable call notifications entirely, but I do want to be notified when I receive a NEW call. 

CBrockett
First Steps

SAME. I have a Fitbit Luxe, and this is an unbelievably distracting feature/bug, to the point that sometimes I take off my Fitbit and toss it across the room to get it away from me. Please fix.

BRtater
First Steps

So much this issue! It drives me nuts, my fitbit buzzes on my wrist the whole time I'm talking on a call and I can't dismiss it. And I can't turn it off without turning off notification when the phone is ringing and caller ID, so I have to pick do I want call and caller notification or do I want to end the buzzing wrist CONSTANTLY DURING EVERY FREAKING ACTIVE CALL I ALREADY KNOW I'M IN?

Mazakada
First Steps

This seems like such a simple fix. Why is it taking so long? The notification persists even after I’m done calling. Such unnecessary clutter!

Nutchy
Jogger

I bought my Fitbit charge 5 like 2 weeks ago. This bug is pushing me to the point I honestly think I’m going to throw it away and just get an Apple Watch instead. I think it’s the worst product feature I’ve ever experienced. Constant buzzing on my wrist while I’m in the middle of a call. It’s so distracting. Insane. I’d just turn off the notifs altogether but want notifs for when a call is received. Ridiculous. F - fitbit. Not impressed. 

mikey_pdx
Tempo Runner

Very surprised to see only 40 votes for this. Very annoying to get reminded that I'm on a call. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.