Reply to text messages (scribble/keyboard)

"Create a messaging app which allows us to respond to text messages either by using scribble/or a variation of a keyboard, not just quick replies." originally by @mpiciul1.

This Feature Suggestion has been recreated by a moderator as it was unfortunately merged into another one and cannot be unmerged. We've added the correct # of votes from the last count.

Moderator edit: label

198 Comments
Slyashind
Stepping Up

Please let me be able to receive and make calls  and reply to texts.

Slyashind
Stepping Up

Please allow texts and the ability to download amazon music because I can’t get music off iTunes.

John_Saunders_
First Steps

I would love to have my Ionic be able to reply to text messages so I am not constantly looking at my phone.  I would imagine having preloaded messages or a scribble keyboard would be perfect. 

richnickel
Jogger

This would be a great function. I find it frustrating that I have to get my phone out to respond to a text when it's right there on my wrist! 

Marauder2
Recovery Runner

Please add the ability to reply to notifications from the watch. 

Hutchj
First Steps

I would like for there to be an option to respond to text messages. On the Apple Watch there’s an option to talk into your watch and that will go as your text or this thing called Scribble.. where you write out your message with your finger. Thank you!

Tucker-two
Base Runner
I agree. I have a Pebble too and so do thousands of others and we are all, waiting till Fitbit includes replying to texts and emails. If Fitbit doesn’t include this feature, maybe an other company like Garmin will. Beyond me why they ignored this great feature to compete with The Apple Watch. They would have most of the Pebble owners quickly.
Tucker-two
Sent from my iPad
LindseyLouBird
First Steps

Im very dissatisfied with the features available on the New Ionic. I knew it wouldn’t have everything my Apple Watch would have, but at the very least I expected a smart watch to be able to respond to texts or answer calls.. the only reason I purchased this was because I prefer the Fitbit app over the Apple health app and was hoping I found something to replace the Apple Watch. But considering all the basic features that apparently aren’t here for the ionic, I’m just going to have to get used to the Apple Watch app and ditch Fitbit all together. I really wanted to like this Watch, I REALLY DID. But this was my last attempt to get with the Fitbit fam, I can’t  wait around forever while they figure out how to do what everyone else has done years ago. 

Jill0715
First Steps

I think if we can't add a quick response option to the blaze then would we be able to add an update where for example if I wanted to use the letter "W" then I would draw a "w" on the screen in a message section on the fitbit so it could send it back the the phone via Bluetooth. for a space you could drag your finger at the bottom of the screen. same with the punctuations and stuff. it would be great for people with kids that message us but we are not to have our phones at work.

kristenelaine
First Steps

I would like the charge 2, but waterproof. The flex 2 just doesn't have the right features and the iconic is just too big for me. I would love to be able to track my activity in the water as well. 

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

That’s an interesting idea, I think this could be very useful, thanks for sharing this suggestion. Keen to hear what others think?

Mangys
Recovery Runner

if this feature suggestion is a possibility fitbit, pls tell us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kmanderson
Jogger

I think the Fitbit Ionic should be able to answer and respond to phone calls and text messages!

kmanderson
Jogger

Having the ability to respond to text message and answer phone calls would be awesome! I bought an Ionic because a friend thought these options were available. unfortunately, they're not so I am returning it until something with these options is available.

Hldixon87
First Steps

Just some preset replies would work when all u have is your watch handy. Like 30 options isn’t enough till u get back to your phone. If you are working out and take a few mins to read and send quick auto response or have the ability to set your own auto replies like we had on the old phones. Would be great. Scribble is an Apple Watch feature can’t take that and the ionic doesn’t have a speaker on it unless u use ur headphones which ppl can’t at work. So the easiest would be the editable auto reply or maybe with option to speak ignore Bluetooth connected lol but that would make it awesome 

AndyM84
Jogger

Please add the ability to reply to notifications from the watch!  I'd love to have this functionality, even if it is just canned responses!

RodyIonic
Keeping Pace

I would love to have the ability to respond to texts. Something like Scribble would be awesome, but even an editable (through the app) auto reply would be a great feature.

Mimi502
First Steps

Please add the ability 2 reply to messages.  The watch is over price for not hvin the ability to text or answer calls

Cja_cindy
First Steps

It would be great if you could reply to text messages from your Ionic not only for Android users, but also for iPhone users. Not just quick replies, but if you could add a keyboard or you could write it out by drawing the letter. 

Azia3408
Jogger

It says there are "quick replies" for android users, which is why I just bought this watch. But pow and behold there is no way to reply at all! For $300 I could have bought a much cheaper watch that has reply features. I'm pretty upset about the false advertisement! 

RodyIonic
Keeping Pace

@Azia3408 Quick replies will be possible with FitbitOS 2.0, which should be released later this month.

Azia3408
Jogger

@RodyIonic they shouldnt say that it has quick replies already if they don't . That's false advertisement. And the apps they have available for the watch is extremely sad compared to smartwatches that only cost 50-100 . For the prices they want, they should offer quite a bit more. 

RodyIonic
Keeping Pace

@Azia3408 I’m not seeing anything that says they already have quick replies, but if they did say that then you’re right, they shouldn’t advertise with something they’re not currently offering. On the other hand, the update should be rolled out shortly, so just a little bit of patience and you’ll be able to use quick replies. 🙂

As for the apps, you could have done some research on this beforehand. No one is forcing you to buy the Ionic (I’m assuming).

MrDudeman
Recovery Runner

I think we should be able to reply to text messages in the ionic. A find my phone app would be awesome as well.

Who is with me?

birdman5589
Base Runner

I had a Microsoft Band 2 before finally switching to the Ionic. I loved my Band and only switched snice it was abandoned and their text reply interface was amazing. I would love for something similar on my Ionic (or any Fitbit OS device).

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.