Reply to text messages (scribble/keyboard)

"Create a messaging app which allows us to respond to text messages either by using scribble/or a variation of a keyboard, not just quick replies." originally by @mpiciul1.

This Feature Suggestion has been recreated by a moderator as it was unfortunately merged into another one and cannot be unmerged. We've added the correct # of votes from the last count.

Moderator edit: label

198 Comments
Kitnpawz704
Base Runner

Yes yes yes please add this feature

Kitnpawz704
Base Runner

Yes yes yes please add this feature

Or speak into the watch and it goes as a text just like Apple ,

Do this before Garmin or Fossel to keep your customers happy please

Azia3408
Jogger
I did research and even their box says they have over 300 apps or features
and they don't even have 100 😂
Kitnpawz704
Base Runner

AFCFF52C-8067-4741-9A55-EC31DADCE3EB.png

When I looked into the forum for features on the ionic I saw this so I thought I was getting it, I also thought I could pay with my phone my bank is not in the list can't do that either, can't get WiFi to stay connected either, what's up with that?

just after I bought it you introduce the versa, ugh!!! 

Meeshmeesh1
Jogger

I'm pretty sure this exists in newer Fitbit watches. I hope you all know that no matter what kind of updates you get, you so not be able to reply unique messages or accept calls from your current watch if it can't already do that.... It does not have the technology made into the watch. No mic, no speaker, and the 'touch screen' is only meant to understand when you tap (most of the time?). If you want this feature, you will have to buy a new watch. 

HOWEVER, I also think that they should definitely have the ability to "like" (👍) or have a preset reply to send/set up via Bluetooth..... ("I'm away from my phone at the moment, I'll message you in a bit!"). 

Kitnpawz704
Base Runner
Sent from my iPad
Harleyley
First Steps

The Fitbit iconic is amazing but you can't reply to texts from it which for $300 is absolutely ridiculous come in Fitbit can we implement this please!!

Kitnpawz704
Base Runner
I wanted to vote for this when I clicked on it to vote it said I don't have permission to go to your post

Sent from my iPhone
Harleyley
First Steps

@RodyIonic so are they coming out with an update to reply to text message or not?

Kitnpawz704
Base Runner
They are but it's only available on android doesn't that figure cause Apple won't give permission to their platform is what I was told very disappointing to me

Sent from my iPhone
Harleyley
First Steps

@Kitnpawz704 I have Android so I guess I'm not mad but is there any word on when that's coming about? I just bought this watch and want to know if I should list return it and get one that does let me respond to texts

Kitnpawz704
Base Runner

Just add it already everybody wants it isn't that an obvious choose for you to make one that has the feature built in I'm sure someone has the brains to come up with a way so you can get around three way Apple does it wouldn't adding a microphone to a new model be keeping up with Apple is key to stay on top

Kitnpawz704
Base Runner
I have no idea it just says coming soon

Sent from my iPhone
Sammy_101
Jogger

You should be able to to choose a person to call of your watch that would make the watch a lot more convenient. You should also be able to reply to text messages or start a conversation of your watch it would be a lot easier if you were doing a workout or your phone was in your pocket or and the table. You could just do it off your watch.

Kitnpawz704
Base Runner
That would be what their slogan says

Sent from my iPad
Amorrn
Jogger

Personally, I think that there should at least be canned responses you can set up in the app a la Pebble if not a T9 style keyboard on the watch. I was a bit disappointed that you guys didn't throw a mic in the Ionic and use the voice recognition IP you bought from Pebble, it was actually pretty good! (I'm guessing the mic hole would have affected the waterproofing.) Since that's out, the canned responses are probably the easiest way to implement this feature.

At the very least, it would be nice to be able to dismiss notifications from my watch even if I can't interact with them.

Kitnpawz704
Base Runner
All sounds good to me they should have made two models one with a Mic not water proof and one without the Mic with weatherproof for swimmers with the Mic you could answer a call and send a text

Why didn't they think of that? Why don't they make it now with the ionic and the versa ...

Hello this is 2018

Sent from my iPhone
SteveNetero
Recovery Runner

They are going to come out with quick replies, but only like 5 of them which is way too little.  There is no reason we can not get a keyboard of some kind implemented into the ionic and the versa for replies to texts.  I love my ionic so much but this is a feature that I am dying to have on it.  Hopefully at least someone could make a third party for text replies if fitbit won't do it.

If we are going to only ever get quick replies, please fitbit give us a lot more than just 5.  

Kitnpawz704
Base Runner
I so agree please someone add more

Sent from my iPhone
Vails
Jogger

it would be wonderful if we could text from our new Fitbit versa 

Brevan
First Steps

it would be great if we could reply to text messages from the watch over wifi or when the phone is connected

Kitnpawz704
Base Runner

The best would be to have a micro phone so you could speak  your reply, but  then it won't be water proof...  so they should have made two models, one with a microphone to answer calls and reply to texts and one without but it is water proof

Karenja1
Base Runner

It also would be great to add to the Blaze also. I have spoken with many people who have the Blaze and also people who compliment my Blaze. This feature would.keep us as loyal customers and help others that like the Blaze to purchase.

@LizFitbit wrote:

Hi Everyone, I am recreating this Feature Suggestion as it was unfortunately merged into another one and cannot be unmerged, and I know it was popular.

The request was for a keyboard on Ionic so that you can craft your own text replies/custom messages, or some sort of swype keyboard.

We've added the correct # of votes from the last count - Thanks!

Karenja1
Base Runner

Please add this to the Blaze also, there have been many request to add the ability to text messages for some time now.

Pls help us stay loyal customers to Fitbit and help us continue to say what a great company you guys are, that you really value your customers and the Fitbit Community.

Amorrn
Jogger

Today's firmware update adds this feature, happily it includes 5 customizable replies that can be set on a per app basis if the 5 built in are not satisfactory. There is also a set of emojis included. You can also mark texts as read at least using the default Android messages app. Thanks Fitbit team!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.