Reply to text messages (scribble/keyboard)

"Create a messaging app which allows us to respond to text messages either by using scribble/or a variation of a keyboard, not just quick replies." originally by @mpiciul1.

This Feature Suggestion has been recreated by a moderator as it was unfortunately merged into another one and cannot be unmerged. We've added the correct # of votes from the last count.

Moderator edit: label

198 Comments
Allison3740
First Steps
Yes!!
Brina
Recovery Runner

YESSSSS PLEASE ADD THIS OR ILL HAVE TO SWITCH. I AM A FITBIT USER SINCE 2013!

Ostermiller
First Steps

Please please please add this. Even just a scribble feature or something!  I bought the Versa thinking I'd be able to reply other than the quick reply, but I was let down. It's such a shame because I love my versa, but I really need to stay in contact with my company. 

People have been asking for this for two years. Why hasn't it been at least made into a downloadable possibility? 

TylersSight
Recovery Runner

This would be so simple to do on Android.

MattewCW
First Steps

I agree this feature would be great and very very useful please add this. To be honest I think more people would want to buy Fitbit if it was able to do this. Great idea

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Any updates on whether this is coming to fruition? Quick replies is only useful in certain applications

TylersSight
Recovery Runner
Now that Fitbit is owned by Google I assume FitbitOS will soon die a death
Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this suggestion! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. New product features like speech-to-text will help resolve this need. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

VersaLiteGuy
Recovery Runner
Make an option so when you write to someone you can use a scribble ot keyboard to type
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @VersaLiteGuy, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to reply to text messages (scribble/keyboard). This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

StevenStanard
First Steps
Not every body is able to use there voice depending on their location to respond to a text. It would be very efficient to add a keyboard and sms app. Many people would appreciate it.
StevenStanard
First Steps

Add a keyboard to the Fitbit sense to allow the user to reply back from the watch quietly wrather then having to use your voice

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @StevenStanard, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see full keyboard to respond notifications. I've moved it into a similar request. I think that a lot of users would like to have this option on their Fitbit devices. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

You might be also interested in this suggestion: Reply to text messages (scribble/keyboard).

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @StevenStanard, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding a keyboard on Fitbit Sense to reply to texts and dial numbers. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Guy_
Space Racer

It would be far simpler to type a reply on the phone or use the predefined replies.

The screen is too small to be used easily for text input.

MrsPlumb
Jogger
If in a meeting you can't always reply by taking to a text. It would be nice if Fitbit had same technology as Apple and Samsung and you could type out replies to text msgs from watch on a keyboard.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @MrsPlumbthanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to reply back to your text notifications directly from your Fitbit device on a keyboard with us. Because this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. We'll keep tracking this request over time, so please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

giri210995
Jogger
Currently we have option to reply with preset answers and voice typing.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @giri210995, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having a keyboard app on your Fitbit device so you can type your own responses when receiving a notification with us. Because a similar idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestion board, I’ve moved your post here. Please support this idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

Paulyd2021
Base Runner
Fitbit text message keyboard.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Paulyd2021, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having the option to reply to text messages using keyboard on Fitbit devices. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support. 

While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

kcordiano
Base Runner
Can you please add the option to type out a message via a keyboard when responding to text messages on the watch for Android phones? Voice dictation is nice, but most of the times I do not want to speak my response out loud for others to hear.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi there, @kcordiano. Thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having a keyboard on your Fitbit device so you can type your own responses when receiving a notification. Because a similar idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestion board, I’ve moved your post here. Please support this idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.