Reply to text messages (scribble/keyboard)

"Create a messaging app which allows us to respond to text messages either by using scribble/or a variation of a keyboard, not just quick replies." originally by @mpiciul1.

This Feature Suggestion has been recreated by a moderator as it was unfortunately merged into another one and cannot be unmerged. We've added the correct # of votes from the last count.

Moderator edit: label

198 Comments
snisexc
Jogger

As far as I know Apple watch doesn't have a keyboard, but you can write by drawing letters on the screen one by one.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

The whole scribble concept is from the AW. I have a fried that now does everything texts, email phone calls .etc on their AW and doesn't carry a phone with them. 

However they also charge the watch twice a day .

5ggggg
Tempo Runner

please add a keyboard app for versa

kd1699
Recovery Runner

Please add a keyboard to be able to reply to messages from my versa! 

Or at least give us more pre set replies.. 5 is just not enough!

Kristy79
Jogger
Or even talk to write
906Kurt
Stepping Up

A T9 keyboard would be amazing

Mprice3428
Recovery Runner
Anything to make it easier to send messages rather then just the standard quick messages

~MelLovesBrandon
Lmb3653
Jogger

Please add the text reply option for Versa

JW_3
Jogger

If FitBit adds the keyboard to their smartwatches, I would never think about upgrading or leaving again. It'd be, hands down, the best smartwatch I've ever used and liked.

Mprice3428
Recovery Runner
If they add even a t-9 keyboard like that of the flip phones that would help a lot 

~MelLovesBrandon
Aikopinay
Jogger

Having an option to scribble or a small keyboard on the Fitbit versa instead of the quick reply for texting, would make this the best smartwatch ever. Also, being able to talk on the Fitbit when answering calls would be amazing too! Once those are available, it would be perfect! Thanks!

Kitnpawz704
Base Runner

Yes they need to keep up with apple

JasonMoench13
Jogger

This should have been for the blaze, yes but they keep coming out with new watches and should finish what they started. They have quick replies available for Android. Why not iPhones. Before they release he next watch please just release the text messaging you did it for andriod. Why does it have to be over a year to decide what to do.  

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

It is Apples policy that keeps Fitbit from offering replies on iOS. 

Winterglo
Walker

It would be great to have this option in addition to quick replies!

LaurenH14
Recovery Runner

So I know we have quick replies on the Fitbit Versa but imagine a feature allowing us to make a reply on the versa that we customise there and then. I understand we have quick replies but does that ever seem to fit for anyone? Replies where we can in put any sort of message we want, maybe by writing out the message on the screen, letter by letter?

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I had an old Samsung smartwatch (Gear 2), and could download a third party app for texting.  While the full keyboard was small, it was great to respond to messages while not having your phone out, ie: son texting me while I am at work.  Why has Fitbit not been able to implement this idea?  I love my Fitbit and have had quite a few, but you need to get with the game.  Versa is my latest Fitbit, but if they can not compete with actual smartwatches, it just might have to be my last.  Why label this version as a smart watch even though some functionality can not compete with a watch that came out over 4 years ago.  (BTW that Gear 2 had a camera in it as well.  Great watch despite the terrible Tizen OS).

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Also, on that 4 year old watch, I could make and accept calls as it had a full functioning dialer.  Kinda felt like Inspector Gadget talking to my wrist, but it was so convenient.

GoldenLion39
First Steps

I think the charge 3 is very helpful. You can reply with a few default answers only if you have an Android. ( please allow Apple users to be able to use this as well soon ). But, I think we should have more. A lot more. This would allow more use and more people wanting this product.

Contacts: Contacts would be amazing. Being able to tap a contact name and text them a insole has hi, I’m bored would Ben so fun. Or maybe, hey want to hang out _____? Something like that instead of only being able to reply.

Please don’t make a whole new Fitbit, that would be really annoying.

GoldenLion39
First Steps

P.S. please do this. Also games?...

JakeD1987
First Steps

Yes!!!!!! And the Fitbit charge 3 needs this feature!

JakeD1987
First Steps

Yes!And the Fitbit charge 3 needs this feature as well.

Shannontaby
First Steps

I would like to report a problem with syncing with my Versa. I believe this to be an issue with all Versas themselves since I got one for my boyfriend and he is having the same issues. We have all day sync on and it does sync on it's own every once in awhile but when I try to manually sync on the app it loses connection, wants to restart the bluetooth, or simply does nothing. This is something I did not have a problem with when using my Charge 2. I tried everything they suggested in DIY trouble shooting and just wanted to report this as a problem so maybe a future update could fix it. I didn't know where to go to report a problem to the company itself so this is my next best bet. I would like to also suggest putting in a full keyboard for texting/ responding to different messages that would also make my fitbit experience 1,000 times better!

JasonMoench13
Jogger
Spread the word!!
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Shannontaby! Great suggestion, thanks for sharing.  I've moved it into a similar suggestion. Thanks a million for sharing your feedback about syncing updates. Hopefully we will have support from other users since more votes and comments an idea has the more visibility and momentum it gains. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.