Reply to text messages (scribble/keyboard)

"Create a messaging app which allows us to respond to text messages either by using scribble/or a variation of a keyboard, not just quick replies." originally by @mpiciul1.

This Feature Suggestion has been recreated by a moderator as it was unfortunately merged into another one and cannot be unmerged. We've added the correct # of votes from the last count.

Moderator edit: label

198 Comments
mlmoore85
Jogger

I ditched my beloved Apple Watch for the Fitbit ionic. I love the watch but the lack of message replies makes me regret my decision. Back to Apple Watch soon 

Stephaniee_916
First Steps

To be able to customize a message would be awesome. The quick preloaded replies are never sufficient. 

olliembarton
First Steps

When i was on an app called IMPORTANTS I saw they had a keyboard that worked brilliantly on my Versa this keyboard could be used for texting,using the internet and going on YouTube and Twitch. the only thing that Fitbit will have to do is add a spacebar 

dre999
Jogger

I’m confused as to why we the Fitbit community need to vote on something as simple as quick replies/replies to messages. It has already been given to users of android phones, so why do iOS users need to vote to be able to use this same feature. As far as i know both android users and iOS users have paid the same price for your product, so how come iOS users are getting a product with less capabilities? Furthermore, I have noticed that you guys have changed the status regarding this feature from “under consideration” to “not currently planned” (and removed the ability to comment hence why i’m commenting here) however, you are asking us to still vote on this feature suggestion. Why on earth would you think that us iOS user won’t want this feature??!!. Why do we need to vote to get it!!!!! I currently own a versa and to be honest apart from the color screen I am not sure how its that much different from a charge 3. I have seen apple’s smart watch and i’m convinced now that the versa is more a colored screen fitness tracker than an actually smart watch. Please skip this voting process and just get to making quick replies for iOS users a reality. Thank very much.

Mprice3428
Recovery Runner
What this post is about is basically getting a keyboard for the versa so we can reply to text messages whurh actual replies instead of the standard quick replies which suck. ~MelLovesBrandon
dre999
Jogger

I Know. But comments have been disabled on the post for Quick replies for iOS devises. So i’m Voicing my opinion where ever i can. 

Fireangel81
Jogger

Fitbit, will you be updating messages any time so that we can actually respond by typing a typed message back, not preset messages.  The preset messages are really not helpful. I customized them but it is still not useful. For the cost of the Versa, it would be a great asset as well as a great selling point. 

alpenglo
Recovery Runner

Better yet, how about a microphone so you can speak your replies!  My 3-year old Pebble 2 has this capability and it is sorely missing in the Versa  and Ionic.  

Mprice3428
Recovery Runner
I'm pretty sure it couldn't be to hard to send out an update with a keyboard in it or even allow developers to make a keyboard app to reply to text messages ~MelLovesBrandon
Keto_m0mmy
First Steps

PLEASE add the option to actually type a response to messages. Quick replies are not a 'one size fits all'

ashleylynn626
First Steps

I love the Fitbit versa, but i feel like it's missing just one thing. A keyboard! I would love to be able to write out my own replies.. and I'm sure others can relate. The quick replies just aren't enough sometimes, and it would come in handy when u don't want to get out ur phone. A lot of watches that are out on the market have a keyboard feature so why not add this on the versa too? Please take in consideration. Thank you!!! 😄

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @ashleylynn626! That’s an interesting idea and could be useful, thanks for sharing it. I've moved it into a similar suggestion, as the more votes and comments an idea has the more visibility and momentum it gains. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Soupnazee
Jogger

Yes. I hate quick replies. They are practically worthless. Full keyboard or something please! 

Inurphayce
First Steps

I am loving my Versa, but if you cannot add a keyboard, or anything like that to the watch, at least add a place on the website to adjust your auto replies/phrases. Increase the # of replies and let us edit them. That is a workaround solution to the current problem until a better solution can be found.

Ralfy
First Steps

Just got a Fitbit versa for Father's day I like the watch very nice except that it doesn't have talk text and Google search 😉 like the LG smartwatch or apple smartwatch and I don't want to return the Fitbit, for the price it should have had these features from the beginning really don't want to bring back but seems like other smartwatches are better and cheaper and has these features.Please give us this feature if not then will have to turn to other competitors.

dre999
Jogger

I have upgraded to a samsung smart watch. see you later guys 🙂

Karenja1
Base Runner
Don't blame you, this my next move. Unfortunate that Fitbit doesn't care
Alylynn13
First Steps

Please make this happen. Just updated to the Versa and during work it would be easier to reply on watch verse pulling my phone out everytime. 

stonetalker
Recovery Runner

The inability to use Quick Reply feature with iPhones is very disappointing. I purchased the Ioninc over the Apple watch because I wanted to stay FitBit loyal and I was under the impression - from the features I had discussed with FitBit agents - that I WOULD be able to reply. Now I find out I cannot, and it's very annoying. I've had to unsync all my messages, for what's the point of receiving them if I can't do a danged thing with them? 

Karenja1
Base Runner
I am never buying a Fitbit product again. Fitbit could constantly give us
all updates, just like any other smart device. Fitbit wants us to purchase
from them and be loyal, but they can't be loyal to the customer.
Allison3740
First Steps

Just got this watch and can't believe it doesn't have a keyboard. A keyboard would be so much more beneficial than 4-5 quick responses. Thanks!

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Allison3740. Thanks for sharing this great idea about having a keyboard on your Fitbit device to reply messages with us. I've moved it into a similar request. You can also check this other suggestion, post a comment or click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Dcunn
First Steps

Have the ability to send custom text messages instead of/ in addition to quick replies via a keyboard. 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Dcunn, thanks for explaining why you would like to have this option for your Fitbit devices. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has a lot of votes. As the more votes and comments an idea has the more visibility and momentum it gains. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Soupnazee
Jogger

We need more votes... I can't stand quick replying. Would love to be able to send an actual full message. Please consider this feature. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.