Reply to text messages (scribble/keyboard)

"Create a messaging app which allows us to respond to text messages either by using scribble/or a variation of a keyboard, not just quick replies." originally by @mpiciul1.

This Feature Suggestion has been recreated by a moderator as it was unfortunately merged into another one and cannot be unmerged. We've added the correct # of votes from the last count.

Moderator edit: label

198 Comments
DatOneLefty
Jogger

There has been posts on getting the ability to reply to text messages us in pre loaded messages, I think it is an excellent idea. But I think there should be a feature on the blaze where you can draw letters you want to reply and use pre loaded replys like the Apple Watch. This would let us be able to reply to messages when we can't get to our phones easily

Thanks -Lefty

Bredance
Jogger

Be able to reply to text notifications on the Fitbit. You could speak into the watch or draw te letter instead of having a keyboard.

Raskie
First Steps

To be able to respond to text messages on the ionic would be such an awesome feature. That's one thing the Watch is missing. Your slogan in the video is "no phone just freedom"

BarryAllen
Jogger
That would perfect.

Sent from my iPhone
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I really think there should be interactive notifications on fitbit ionic because it is  a lot easier to stay in touch from your wrist than on your phone.

Bumbue
First Steps

I do prefer Fitbit to my Apple Watch for functionality but if I cannot reply to text messages on the Ionic I will not be purchasing it. the Apple Watch has a scribble feature that allows you to make text messages as well as a microphone where you can use talk to text. I work full time and do not have time to stop and look at my watch read the message and then pull out my phone to reply to the message. Push back the release and add this feature!

Topshoplove
First Steps

Please add this! I just got my New Ionic today and I'm so disappointed I thought it would be more of a smart watch then my blaze. I want to be able to respond to txt messages with my watch, like apple but I like the Fitbit app better for my fitness tracking!

Caseybrewer
First Steps

Having the ability to reply to texts 

InkedMommy
First Steps

Walking to get for and loose some extra lbs. Have the Fitbit Ionic BUT hoping for better phone features! Hope I wont have to return it for a different one because it's really nice so far. 

I REALLY need the ability to text reply and being able to answer calls would be an extra bonus. Coming from an iPhone and Apple Watch, not having these features is a real bummer!

YamigirlR1
First Steps

I would have purchased the Ionic had it had phone features such as texting, call and answering and responding to email. We need a fit bit that does it all and will put fitbit on top of the market. Water proof including salt water, the obvious fitness tracking which fitbit is all good in this area, being able to adjust the steps per minute reminder to a number higher, and smartphone features such as calling, texting, and email.

Tucker-two
Base Runner
I can accept calls with my Pebble 2 Hr but that’s all. But I can text reply to email and messages and I could answer with voice until latest iOS 11.0.3 update. I think Fitbit people along with Pebble tech are working to correct according to email I received from them. Don’t know how it works with Android.
Tuckertwo

Sent from my iPad
aviation
Recovery Runner

Preset replies would be an OK step in the right direction but a miniature keyboard (or some other way to draft a text reply) with the ability to type a custom message would be ideal for me.

ak_jfk
First Steps

please add txt message reply capability

HoosierH
First Steps

I revile Apple and it's proprietary nonsense and high prices for what, on average are inferior products.

Having said that, I have an iPhone because work provides it for me.  I have held off on getting a smart watch (other than the cheap Martian notifier) because none of them seem to give the fitness functionality AND smart functionality I desire.

Guys, please do a conjoint analysis on this.  The VAST majority of people I know are like me with respect to purchasing a smart watch -- we're not going to do it unless it has the ability to reply to texts (not canned replies).  I was champing at the bit to pull the trigger on the Ionic but replying by text is a necessary but not sufficient condition.

Please listen to your consumers.  We're begging for this feature.

Jayjaywalt99
First Steps

I think this watch is not a smart watch but dumb watch I'm very disappointed I can't believe I can't even respond to texts. This is not a smartwatch and maybe a Fitness watch but at that is very overpriced on I would like to see at least a texting feature

Heyitsjill
First Steps

Please i desperately need the reply option

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Since Scribble is a proprietary patented keyboard from Apple no Fitbit cannot use this.

Mitchellh
Jogger

i think this is the most useful idea for the watch it will certainly enhance the watches capability and use. Making it even closer to the top watch with ease. Really hope they come through with this idea.

Maquelah
First Steps

I would really like to see a Fitbit that includes text message reply is there anyway a keyboard could be included? If not simple preset replies should be included. I like that the new iconic is now water proof. 

mpiciul1
Jogger

Keyboard apps have been written for android wear and appear to work just fine... as well as Handwriting Keyboard that google produced for android wear as well. Why can’t fitbit produce something similar

Kamal7472
First Steps

It would be amazing if you could add the ability to send and reply to texts other messages, as well as answering and rejecting phone calls. 

Scorralez13
First Steps

I had a pebble smart watch and it had the feature of speaking into it and replying to text messages.  It was an amazing feature. I just bought the ionic and that is one feature I miss the most. I believe that would be useful feature on the ionic. 

BC33
First Steps

You could make the Ionic that much better by being able to answer texts.Users could draw out the letters on the fitbit or use voice typing by headset.

Rach77
Strider

The ability to reply to text messsges would be a great upgrade to the ionic. I'm sure there are clever app developers who can do it.

Tinnes
First Steps

Yes, please add this.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.