Reply to text messages (scribble/keyboard)

"Create a messaging app which allows us to respond to text messages either by using scribble/or a variation of a keyboard, not just quick replies." originally by @mpiciul1.

This Feature Suggestion has been recreated by a moderator as it was unfortunately merged into another one and cannot be unmerged. We've added the correct # of votes from the last count.

Moderator edit: label

198 Comments
Karenja1
Base Runner
It this update also for the Fitbit Blaze?

If so, you guys are so Awesome.

If not pls consider adding this option to the Blaze.

Again Thanks So Much.

Karenja McCaskill
SteveNetero
Recovery Runner

Unfortunately they are almost definitely not adding replies to text on the blaze.

Although I'm glad that this was added to fitbitOS, it is only quick replies and there are only 5 of them.  If we are going to be limited to only having quick replies, it needs to be a lot more than 5.  

kmanderson
Jogger
How do you get the update?
Karenja1
Base Runner
Threw my computer
Kitnpawz704
Base Runner
So does this mean nothing for Apple. Of course not, 👎👎👎
GEE THANKS A HEEP!
😡😡😡😡😡😩😩😩

Sent from my iPhone
Kristy79
Jogger

Suggestion would be to have full reply conversations on the versa like the apple watch  

D_man
First Steps

We need iOS quick replies on the Versa - surely someone can figure this out, it's 2018 c'mon people!

bastens.com
First Steps
Karenja1
Base Runner
It would be great to update all Fitbit products to respond to text
messages, even if its just the quick response to text messages.

I like your idea. I just hope we can get the first request, especially to
Blaze. Reason being because it has been an on going request.
Kitnpawz704
Base Runner
Yes maybe some auto made ones more frequent things that are very common to say sorry and brief like
"Busy, call u later" TTYL, ttys, call me later, see you tonight, see you soon, etc etc etc.

Sent from my iPhone
Karenja1
Base Runner
Yes exactly
Rich_Laue
Community Legend

How does the AW do it? Can Fitbit implement this without infringing on patents? 

Is your request different from the current ones? 

Reply to text messages (scribble/keyboard

This would require a microphone to be added. 

Voice Text for Versa - To respond msg

Karenja1
Base Runner

There should be the ability to reply to text messages on the Blaze.

Again over the years and months there is enough votes to have this feature added.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

That is, if it is even possible to implement? 

Limesti
First Steps

Yes! I don't know about a keyboard but quick reply options that you can set up on the phone app, or speach to text option would be amazing! 

Karenja1
Base Runner
Yes it would be.
Kitnpawz704
Base Runner
You can't have speech to text without a microphone they would have to make a new version with a microphone and it probably won't be water proof so you would get to choose between the two, my question is why can't they implement an apple you down load that you can set up your own quick replies, if you can add your own photos I an app can't someone develops an app that allows for you to make your own because fitbit can make a few quick ready made replies too choose from can't they, this is 2018

Sent from my iPhone
Kitnpawz704
Base Runner
Well the watch doesn't have a microphone built in but what about a blue tooth head phone with a microphone I can't my phone with them why not speech to text with them....

Sent from my iPhone

Sent from my iPhone
Kitnpawz704
Base Runner

Well the watch doesn't have a microphone built in but what about a blue tooth head phone with a microphone I can answer my phone with them so why not speech to text with them....

Sent from my iPhone

Kristy79
Jogger
Not speech just scribble keyboard or keyboard
Karenja1
Base Runner
I would just settle for the quick response to text messages
Rich_Laue
Community Legend

For what tracker do you want this feature @Karenja1 quick response is working on both the Ionic and Versa. 

Kristy79
Jogger
For versa ...maybe more than quick response
The android and apple try to compare to each other so maybe will
happen with update ....??? More is possible with every 1
Karenja1
Base Runner
The Blaze. We have been asking for this before the Iconic or Versa.
Kitnpawz704
Base Runner
Something please someone come up with something it's ridiculous

Sent from my iPhone
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.