Restore battery percentage on new Fitbit app

The new app version which I received yesterday (Thu, Sep 21, 2023) as an update no longer shows my battery percentage or profile picture to select it. Furthermore, the Charge 5 itself does not display the current battery percentage so how I am I supposed to know how much batter I have left (aside from connecting the charge cable).
899 Comments
Jajo51
First Steps
I agree, it is essential. Get it back Fitbit App!

Helped by Jane's iPhone or iPad mini and finger.
Tkristo
Recovery Runner

It’s such a shame that you did not ask for user input when you “redesigned“ the app. It wasn’t broken! Why did you “fix” it? I designed my app the way that I wanted to use it and you took that choice away from me. I have to tap several times to get the information that I want when it used to take a simple tap of the finger. It’s simply unbelievable that you took away the battery percentage. Your new battery version is inaccurate to say the least, not available at a glance, and I cannot see the percentage on the charge 5. I’ve been with Fitbit for a long time, but I’m truly looking around at different options. You don’t bite the hand that feeds you.

Jajo51
First Steps
Agreed, I cannot see small display symbol in my Inspire 2 especially as I
live in a sunny country. I NEED the app battery % symbol returned!

MaceT
First Steps

I hate the new overly simplified UI and the battery percentage being gone maybe the reason we ultimately leave.  Absolutely no reason to drop that except that some designer thought it looked more sleek.  

Jajo51
First Steps
Essential to fight for RETURN of battery % indicator for charging
knowledge.

Grouchymuffin
First Steps

Losing the battery indicator is by far the most arrogant and unhelpful move in an already disasterous new user interface. Funny thing is the only reason I still have my failing battery Fitbit is because I could monitor the quickly dwindling battery life, charge it accordingly and move on. Now that it's just the tiny unreadable battery indicator on my device I can't really see it well and I'm going to move on to another device from any company but Fitbit. This new update was a mistake and I am going to find another option. 

TheMurray
Jogger

New update is terrible. Battery percentage is now gone which is unacceptable. Expect better from Google. 

Jajo51
First Steps
Don’t be too hasty, with the number of comments on this page I think the
battery % informative icon will HAVE TO return soon, it is an overlooked
essential.

KingerlyC
First Steps

Please restore the previous display as an option for those of us who prefer this view. The battery percentage is a very important necessity. Thank you.

Jajo51
First Steps
I agree it is ESSENTIAL to Fitbit usage!

Taco2000
Jogger

It’s crazy that I used to be able to see exactly how much battery I had left by simply swiping down on my app to sync it, but now Fitbit expects me to go get my charger, take off my Luxe, and put the Luxe on the charger just to see the same information.  How is this an improvement?!

Jajo51
First Steps
Definitely a backward step! The battery % is ESSENTIAL to normal usage and
must be returned.

Minnguy
Stepping Up
New app is terrible! Go back@ Where is battery percentage?
Minnguy
Stepping Up

Bring back the battery percentage.  The new app. is awlful!

Jajo51
First Steps
Fully agreed. An ESSENTIAL removed!

bkbkg
First Steps
This app update is terrible. I confirmed with a Fitbit agent that I can no longer see my battery life in the app. This makes no sense as how am I supposed to know when I need to charge? Also, we can no longer see how many consecutive days we have met our goal. This feature was very motivating.
Izki
First Steps

Agree!! I am so disappointed with the new update!! Time to switch back to my applewatch...

rjwigg1
Jogger

I also agree!  This new update is terrible.  Someone else said it best, it looks like it was designed by a child.  And no battery life icon anymore?  It is just a terrible layout, terrible format, terrible font and all the stuff they have removed is unbelievable.  I will be searching for a new product - and not with Fitbit.

Econstan
First Steps

This new design is so wretched I am looking at other trackers.  Why the fix when nothing was broken?  Now is 100% sucks - no battery indicator, hard to read.  Stunning how awful it is- I really am thinking of leaving Fitbit

jlmerlav
Jogger

Please put the exact battery percentage back on the app ASAP.  This is THE biggest complaint in the various forums.  Don’t wait for more votes here.

Ambassador1
Jogger

I used this daily, and now have no idea how much charge is left in my watch 

Jajo51
First Steps
Agreed it is an ESSENTIAL feature of the app for Fitbit operation. Bring it
back please!

ecl6gb
Recovery Runner

I agree with all the other comments on here. The battery % on the fitbit app is essential when charging a tracker and should be re-introduced immediately. If Fitbit/Google carry on in this fashion I will definitely consider other manufacturers products when replacing my Fitbit Sense Watch

Jajo51
First Steps
Totally ESSENTIAL, battery % needed for normal Fitbit operation.

TheMurray
Jogger
Would love to know if you find an acceptable alternative.

Sent from my iPhone
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.