Restore battery percentage on new Fitbit app

The new app version which I received yesterday (Thu, Sep 21, 2023) as an update no longer shows my battery percentage or profile picture to select it. Furthermore, the Charge 5 itself does not display the current battery percentage so how I am I supposed to know how much batter I have left (aside from connecting the charge cable).
899 Comments
rjwigg1
Jogger
I'm eyeing the Garmin Venu Sq2.  It's a little pricey compared to the charge 5 I currently use but with the changes made, I'm ok paying a little more to get back to a product I actually like!!

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
TheMurray
Jogger
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone
Natz114
First Steps

I was advised to come on forum to put forward my complaint about update and taking away the battery percentage! I was told to go on phone watch symbol and it would show low medium high ..it doesn't it just says full and I know that it isn't...whole design is awful and removing the battery percentage is a joke! It's one of the most integral parts of the app so you can keep an eye on this.  Had a Fitbit since 2016 ...Time to look for other devices if changes are not made soon 

Jajo51
First Steps
After all that has appeared here I think there are enough complaints about
the missing ESSENTIAL battery percentage to make it important to update the
app. It is a part of the operating system!

Helped by Jane's iPhone or iPad mini and finger.
MyotisSodalis
First Steps

Just adding to the masses my utter disappointment in the removal of this feature. I tried emailing Android Fitbit support, and the reply is that they no longer offer email support, so here I am to add to the complaints!

Jajo51
First Steps
All helps to return this ESSENTIAL item!

Helped by Jane's iPhone or iPad mini and finger.
AuburnBoy
Recovery Runner
You can take a look at Xiaomi Mi Band. It does the same thing as a Charge 5 but their app (performance data) wasn’t as sophisticated as Fitbit although that may now be different.

Sent from my iPhone
Igra
Jogger

Please add battery percentage back to the app. Everyone is using it since on a fitbit screen it's too small. Thank you 

ShivanDragon
Stepping Up

Just updated the new and improved (not) Fitbit app on Android. I no longer have the battery level indicator, even when pull down to sync. 

Midnight-Blue
Recovery Runner

Same here re the new layout & the lack of battery percentage 😡 I was about to upgrade to a newer model. So glad I didn't!!! Will be looking for another alternative make if they don't do something asap. I wish I could go back to the previous display!! " If it ain't broke don't fix it!!! "

phs3
Runner

Another vote for not removing/hiding basic functionality in an "improved" version. This is basic software design.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I cannot believe Fitbit think we don't need to see the percentage of battery !!  This isn't an update it's going backwards.  It's now become unreliable to trust the tracker.  Ridiculous!

Lenovos
Base Runner

no battery reading since latest update?????? need the app to show this pls

Mish717
Jogger
Didn’t even notice that piece. Arghhhh. That’s almost a dealbreaker.
WaywardSon
Base Runner

I agree. I used the battery level % indicator on all the time. Every time I swiped down on my phone to sync it I'd check that number so I'd know when to charge it. This being removed is a useless disappointment

Possibly this can be restored in a future update?

JazzyVR
Jogger

I just got the new app, and can't believe there's no battery percentage (number %) right on the front page. Overall the design is very simplistic, and a step backwards, not an improvement by any means.

Smcduff
First Steps

Hello. With the new app update, you cannot see the battery life of your Fitbit anywhere? When you pull down to refresh the app, there is no where that shows what percentage your battery is at. Has anyone found where this is located??

Ingle
Recovery Runner

I’ve been looking for it as well 

Katedltn
Jogger

I agree with everyone else about the battery percentage. Use that all the time. My Fitbit is now charging in another room & I can’t see from my phone what the percentage is now. 
also do not like the update in general! No color on the home page and much too confusing to find the info that was so readily available before.

Dogwalker9
Jogger

Battery level as a percentage and an icon needs to be displayed prominently at the top of the app large enough so that those of us with vision issues can see it

lily06
First Steps
put battery percentage back on app
Bujica
Runner

Please add back the battery percentage on the main screen of the app, it's one of the vital pieces of information that should be there. Not a garbage comment like "you can see if the battery is full", 80% shows full but will not last me the number of days that 100% lasts me, so no, it's not "full". I am not going to comment on the look and feel of the "new and improved" app that was rolled out, but at least don't remove basic and crucial pieces of information that any device requiring charging should show. I know I can see it on my watch itself, but that means a few extra steps of finding my reading glasses first in order to read that. Thank you!

Kathygs
First Steps

new ap is the pits...battery life and consecutive days and nice colors gone....what chucklehead designed this???

BetinaRa
First Steps

Sooooooo ... if you click the icon on the upper left on the app, and then click your device, it will show battery status. However, you have to dig and it doesn't give a specific % (or at least mine doesn't -- says 'battery full' but device says 97%). Pretty crappy UX.

eeppler59
First Steps

Yes please bring back battery percentage on the app 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.