Restore option to log 'Calories burned' on the Fitbit app

Previously I could manually enter calories, along with the time, and distance to an exercise I was adding. That option has been removed. Please bring it back so that there can be accuracy in workouts

Moderator edit: Clarified subject for clarity.

8 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @NicheP, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about restoring the option to log 'Calories burned' on the Fitbit app. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

K-Ninja
Jogger
With the new upgrade I am no longer able to log precise calories burned on the app. When I contacted help desk I was told that this was taken away.
bmrich
Recovery Runner

Agreed.  Fitbit regularly mid-logs calories burned after I finish a workout substantially differing calories burned based on calories burned using my age, weight and heart rate. The inconsistencies hinder my fitness and weight loss goals.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @K-Ninja, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having the option to log 'Calories burned' on the Fitbit app. I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

KandyLynne
Jogger
Restore option to log 'Calories burned' on the Fitbit app.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @KandyLynne, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having the option to log 'Calories burned' on the Fitbit app again. I've moved it into a similar request. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

louann108
Recovery Runner

Taking away calories burned was a knuckleheaded move, Fitbit.
May of us use Fitbit in conjunction with Weight Watchers and other weight loss programs and the calories burned is an important part of the process.
Who came up with this? Please rethink your actions and put back the calories burned feature.

Eaboyer
First Steps

I am voting for this as well. I use a vibration plate, which burns calories alone. There is no option for vibration plate in the drop-down and I have no way of adding that I burned 236 calories for 10 mins of use on high, yesterday. So even if you add the vibration plate to the drop-down, we would still need to be able to log what the machine displays, since the calories burned depends on the intensity of the shaking. 

My vote is to add the vibration plate to the drop-down, along with adding the option to log out own burned calories.

Thank you!!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.