Revert back to old exercise tracker

I hate the new update. 

I don't care about pace or distance - I care about calories and time. Allow users to edit what they see on the "Track Exercise" screen.

719x1280.jpeg.1c31e5d9c0bf44c781d693c9073e7f36.jpg

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

99 Comments
krousch
Recovery Runner
Gah. Thanks. Someone else has started a thread here: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Requests/Exercise-Dashboard/idi-p/745492
Bananars
Recovery Runner

I had a thread going on over here: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Requests/Revert-back-to-old-exercise-tracker/idc-p/750911#M1... that the moderators have marked as "implemented" because their solve is that we manually enter workouts. 

I tried this option, even though it is not a solve. I am now finding that manually entering the workout shows a discrepency in calories burned. 

608 calories using my fitbit to initiate exercise, and 805 calories manually entering the same time frame (actually 5 minutes less). 

If I'm going to manually enter (which is not the solve), I'd like to know which is accurate. 

Screen Shot 2015-04-13 at 5.00.32 PM.pngIMG_1548.PNG

Mitchymoo
First Steps
I've come over to this thread because the other has been marked implemented. It hasn't been fixed in fact it was a poor suggestion that didn't listen to any of the comments! Listen to your customers fitbit or you may find us finding an alternative that suits ALL activity
hp44
Jogger

See Boxer example... That's a substantial difference. This makes the FitBit device much less useful for many users.

Kittie16
Jogger
I too dislike the pace for spinning classes in particular. And how does it determine my distance?....
hp44
Jogger

I did the same thing as "Bananars" with one of my workouts. I got an even greater percentage discrepancy with manual logging vs exercise tracking with fitbit.  Nearly %50 greater calorie total, manual logging vs tracker! To suggest that such a discrepancy is acceptable really diminishes the reputation of fitbit and if not resolved, makes the device much less useful to those who are not runners.  The suggestion to give us options as to what shows on the dashboard is the best idea for most. I think we'd all appreciate hearing that our suggestions are being heard and considered, rather than telling us the above is a solution, when obviously it fails. Anxiously awaiting a new update!

Kacal
Recovery Runner
I agree with everyone. It's so frustrating!!!! Is there ANYONE that we can speak to???
FuntimeWozzy
Jogger
I also think it's a terrible update! - It was all working so well and then it seems like someone at Fitbit had a panic on with the arrival of the Apple Watch and Microsoft Band and tried too hard to make Fitbit different! ALOT of people don't care for the pace display! They just want to see duration and calories burned! - Seeing as that's what health/weight loss etc is based on! Not the odd display of 30'37" rubbish!! Please fix it, otherwise Microsoft Band will appear on my wrist quicker than any pace measurement Fitbit can measure!! 😛
Freed
Jogger
Manual entry is not a solution. Please bring back old display or at least provide the option to select desired display. This is very frustrating
beyermol
Recovery Runner

Please set the display back. It would appear many users are unhappy with the change.

gmiker
Jogger
(1) Please put the Workout display back as distance/pace only apply to a run/walk workout whereas duration/calories applies to ALL workouts. (2) Stop suggesting "solutions" that are obvious you are not paying attention (3) Listen - acknowledge - respond to your users as they are your life !!
HIITmeup
Jogger
**ahem**. I just found this post right after making a post asking for help with this issue. I didn't realize that I couldn't change it. **This was the ONLY reason I purchased the charge HR. What a waste of money.** And it seems like they won't change it so I just took it off because I don't care one bit about steps or pace. Bye fitbit
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
DerrickS
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Thank you for sharing your feedback about the iOS workout log. 

image2[1].PNGIf you manually log an activity, you should now see calories instead of pace on the workout tile as it was previously displayed.

If you use MobileRun or manually log a walk or run, you should see pace displayed on the workout tile.

image1[1].PNGIf you use MobileRun to track your workout or manually log a run or walk, you can still find calories burned and a breakdown of your fitness stats for that workout by clicking on it.

Thanks for sharing your feature requests!

Fitbit Update 4/14                               

It was brought to my attention that if you put your tracker into activity mode, and then categorize the workout annotation on your workout log (regardless of whether it is a step-based activity or not) via the Fitbit App, the workout will display pace instead of calories on the workout tile. I have confirmed this with testing it on the iOS Fitbit App. Since this seems to be the root of the original feature request, I will unmark this request as being implemented. Apologies for the confusion on my part.

Sgrosjean
First Steps

I am happy to see this outrage and hope they make changes because like most the sole purpose for my having the charge HR is to track my hr and cals burned during non-run activities. I will not get rid of it because you still can see these things on the website but it's a huge inconvenience and I was obsessed with my Fitbit and told everyone about it and now I'm just telling everyone how upset I am. Everything was fine before and those who wanted to track pace and mikes could still do that manually far easier than tracking manual activities it's just not as accurate!

Bananars
Recovery Runner

Hi @DerrickS do you know why there's a discrepency in calories burned when manually entered (typically exponentially more) than when you put the tracker in activity mode?

Thanks for removing the 'implemented' tag from this thread as well. 

mamcgill05
First Steps
If I understand you right you were telling me that I have to manually enter in my activities such as just walking such as calories burned such, as well as the distance that I have gone? Wasn't that the feature that was on there before? I don't understand why we as customer should have to manually enter in the information that was provided to us when we purchased the fit bit. I must be missing what you're actually trying to say so are you telling me that if I convert back I have to manually enter in the amount of steps that I take?is that correct?
matti
Jogger
I just posted something similar before finding this, but I bicycle a lot and don't get accurate calorie counts. I think if there were more options for trackable exercise it might help, like bicycling, swimming, skiing, etc. Apps like endomo, runtastic, etc all have multiple activity options available, why can't the Fitbit app? Keep in mind, all we care about is calories burned and duration though...
DerrickS
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

@Bananars no problem. To answer your and @mamcgill05's questions, manually logging an activity is recommended when step count isn't the best representation of caloric burn (ie yoga or boxing). By manually logging an activity, the accuracy of calories burn for that specific activity is improved. By recategorizing the activity, as @Bananars mentioned, you are simply renaming the workout annotation. Hope this helps you guys out!

Bananars
Recovery Runner

Hi @DerrickS, I don't think manually entering workouts is improving the accuracy of calories burned. 

I've manually entered my workouts over the last week and my avg bpm varies from 143-156 yet I'm burning 805 calories for each of those workouts. 

This is definitely not accurate - I've used other HR monitors for similar workouts and they align with the method where the fitbit is used to initiate exercise tracking. Which was closer to 550-650 calories. 

The only solution is to give users an option for what they want to see on their exercise tracking dashboard. 

IMG_1572.PNG

Lea2012
First Steps
Having the same issues and very frustrated with the changed in display. Please make another update to allow options in display.
Raylene80
Jogger
Put it back to the way it was!!!
khop18
First Steps

It used to be, prior to the iOS app update on Apr 9th 2015, that when you would track a workout with the Charge HR by holding down the button until the device vibrates, and then doing the same at the end, after a sync it would show the workout on the dashboard as duration of workout, calories burned, and avg bpm. Now, it shows the data as distance, duration, pace, and avg bpm.

As not all Fitbit users are runners, it would be nice if you allowed the exercize data that is showed on the dashboard to be customized so the user can choose what they would like to see.

Jenner75
Jogger

Completely agree!! I am so disappointed by this update. I mostly do Zumba and am so inspired when I look at the app and see right away the time and calories burn. Now I see the miles and pace which does nothing for me. I realize this is great for runners, but we're not all runners. Please allow us the option to have the old way. Thanks.

Jenner75
Jogger

I don't manually log my workouts either. I like being able to use the tracker and don't see why only runners can have this option. Not all people are able to run and every excercise burns calories and takes up time so this should be an option to have again.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.