Revert back to old exercise tracker

I hate the new update. 

I don't care about pace or distance - I care about calories and time. Allow users to edit what they see on the "Track Exercise" screen.

719x1280.jpeg.1c31e5d9c0bf44c781d693c9073e7f36.jpg

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

99 Comments
Chriscotech
Recovery Runner

I am having the same problem. I use my Charge HR in conjunction with my phone to add GPS information to bike rides. Unfortunately I can only select "run", "walk" or "hike". I need this to be "mountain biking" but it can't be changed at the time it is recorded, or later on the site. Surely this is unnecesarily limiting. It is certainly frustrating.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
I logged weights with my surge and the summary lists distance ,time and pace in the summary bar. All the correct information is in the detail- but this cannot be the designed intention. Manually entering the activity would negate the whole point of the surge- not going to do that.
khop18
First Steps

@SunsetRunnerThanks for posting that! I looked briefly for an existing request, but obviously not hard enough. I will head over there and upvote as well!

Chezchienne
Jogger
This is extremely frustrating. Pace and distance don't apply to group exercise classes. We need to be given this option so those of us who aren't runners can still see relevant info. Really annoyed at this update.
khop18
First Steps

Agreed. Please revert back or add an option at least.

khop18
First Steps

For me, this has diminished my use of my fitbit greatly. Please revert back or at least add options for users to customize what they would like to see in the app. I'm not really clear on why such a change would be made to begin with... all it essentially does is alienate anyone who is not a runner.

@DerrickS hi, I'm just another HR charge user that is extremely frustrated with the new display suited only for runners. Please let me know what is the latestest on getting an update that displays time and calories burned as it was doing previously.
LeGrandOrange
Stepping Up

Just adding my comment to the overwhelming sentiment that the update was a terrible decision by Fitbit - that it seems to show a real misunderstanding about how the devices are used - and how the app is an integral part of the user experience.

What a miss.

Bananars
Recovery Runner

I don't think this update is for our issue, but it may be. I won't be able to test it out until later this evening - let me know if anyone has luck. 

FullSizeRender-1.jpg

gmiker
Jogger
I just tested the new app update and it does not address this ISSUE.
shamAnka
Recovery Runner
I've just asked this question in help discussion. I wish i saw this conversation before. I'm new in fitbit and i thought i've missed something. I was using jawbone, it died and i bought fitbit charge after research few days ago. And i'm so frustrated that i can't use stopwatch to track my activity, because colories count far from true. I don't want to add it manually. It was simple with jawbone. I used Map my fitness to track activity, for more accurate i use it with heart rate monitor, then this activity was automatically synced to jawbone mobile app. Or i used stopwatch and there was an option to change intensity from low to high and so the calories burned also were changed automatically. And now with fitbit i should use mmf to track my exercise to know how many colories i actually burn and then manually log this info to fitbit. That is not i was expected to see ((((( As i understood everything worked great before the update so i also vote for this opportunity to appear again.
shamAnka
Recovery Runner
Update doesn't help. This app doesn't work for running too, because it shows less calories burned then i actually do. When i log my run manually it shows more realistic colorie count. So even run should be manually logged.
Syracuse
First Steps
I agree! I don't care about the miles or pace. I liked the way it was before showing time & calories. I do multiple workouts & that information doesn't apply. Soo frustrating!
NicoleJJ
Recovery Runner

So @DerrickS you're telling me that I paid $150 for this Charge HR so that I can manually enter my workouts? My Polar HR was way better... After I pressed the button when my workout was over, it automatically showed all of my totals on the watch screen (time of workout and CALORIES burned) until I pressed the button again. That was WAY better because then I didn't even have to pull out my phone and wait for it to sync to see my calories burned, let alone now having to go in and manually log my Zumba class. I am so frustrated that FitBit still hasn't fixed this issue after 2 weeks. It shouldn't be that difficult to fix...just revert it back to the way it was before you changed it.

Yoram
Recovery Runner

Just give the user the option to display (at the Dashboard and Excercise tab) what they are more interested in, either Pace/Distance or Time/Calories.

You can always drill down to see the details of the activity right?

This is a matter of options for the user to decide what is more important to have at glance

I'll post this in "requested features" as well.

Reallyomg
First Steps
Has there been any fixes to this problem yet? Omg I really dislike this pace thing..I want to see calories etc
Bananars
Recovery Runner

Still waiting on an update from @DerrickS

khop18
First Steps

My confusion lies with why a change like this would be made in the first place. It doesn't seem to make much sense...

elvina
Base Runner

Come on Fitbit - have some sense, admit you made a mistake and put things back to how they were for those that want it.  Not everyone has the time, energy, health or ability to do at least 10 minutes at a time and the new system just doesnt make sense.

I am a mum of three, wife and general dogsbody.  Because all my children are at home all day I dont have the time to get out to the gym, walking etc but I am on the go pretty much all day.  Today I managed to get out for a walk for 30 mins and got 30 active minutes for less steps than I often do in a day however most days I am lucky if I get 1 active minute but do more steps!  What this new system is saying is that as long as I walk for at least ten minutes at a time I get active minutes so I can sit for most of the day, walk for 30 minutes and get my active minutes but if I am busy around the house most of the day I am lucky if I get one minute - CRAZY.

mmkmjaz
Jogger

I also hate the new update with pace for non paced activities.  Unfortunate that there has been no response from fitbit and no solution

Recovery Runner

Currently run is shown as a separate activity and while you can change the order or presence of other exercises, this doesn't apply to run. I guess run has been made a special case because it's quite common, but I don't want or need it since my metal-on-metal hips doesn't like me running (hiking and cycling are fine, though).

So why not simplify the user interface and treat run like any other activity that I can change the order or presence of?

Bananars
Recovery Runner

LATEST UPDATE FIXES THIS! 

jjewt
Stepping Up
How?
Sent from my iPhone
hp44
Jogger
Bananars- you found an update that fixes this? How or where please?
Syracuse
First Steps
~Michelleen
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.