Run audio cues on Blaze

Would love to be able to hear audio cues while tracking a run on my Blaze. To date cues display only summary data on the watch while no audio is available. I run with headphones and I'm used to other trackers that allow audio cues while listening to music.

Moderator's edit: Added labels

45 Comments
mreevejnr
First Steps

Totally agree.  I thought I'd set up the cues and set volume to high yet nothing cuts in to stop music it just shows on my Blaze.  I even opted for every 1km.  I've checked setting on Iphone and can't see any options that might need changing.  Its really dissapointed me if this isn't just a glitch.

KEM211
Jogger

I completely agree. I have been looking for this feature when I had my Surge then I got the blaze and got existed thinking if was implemented, to then find out it was not.

Please Fitbit make this happen..... 😉 

Moderator Edit: Format

ChrisRunning
First Steps
Agree. Please make this happen ASAP!
LarryInSeattle
Tempo Runner

Yes, please add this feature!

In the meantime, I can get voice cues while running with my Blaze by doing it the old-fashioned way: using the track exercise feature in the Fitbit iPhone app.  But doing it this way is no improvement over the Charge HR.  it would be so nice to be able to use the extra features baked into the Blaze and still get voice cues.

rrodriguez1503
First Steps

Bummer. I bought the blaze thinking I would be able to start my runs with the blaze and still hear the audio cues thru my headphones. But from what I've been reading for the last 30mins is that I have to start my runs the old fashion way, thru the appSmiley Sad. Can you please, please, PLEASE, make this happen with an update to the software? 

Belhalbro
First Steps
Please please please can you update to allow voice cues when tracking exercise from the blaze. It's just that one little thing missing for me that will give me a complete tracking machine! Thsnks
Belhalbro
First Steps
It would make it a great one stop shop for my walks
SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Please add cues to Blaze, defeats purpose of having this tracker without cues.
trainingtorun
First Steps
The reason why I bought the Blaze was because I thought that I would be able to start the run through my Blaze and hear the voice cues through my headphones. Please add cues to Blaze.
MacoLeiva79
First Steps

+1, im a runner and the cues are a must have!! please, please, please!!

Sckruch
First Steps
This would be wonderful to have. It is already using my phone for GPS tracking, to have it use the defaults that are set in the app for particular exercises would be awesome.
Woodinho
First Steps
+1 desperately required!!
Jenz984
Jogger
I have recently brought the blaze and at the price, i really thought this feature would work! Please sort it out, i miss the cues and i dont want to manually track my run on the app when i can do it easily on the blaze
Rome1245
First Steps
I would love audio cues from the app to work using the blaze only. And even for biking not just running. I used to tell my app I was running so I could hear my average mile time every mile and I would know if I need to kick it up a notch, thus shouldn't be hard to add across all exercises and would really make the blaze the perfect tracker.
JaggerG
First Steps

Disappointed that this thread has been running so long, clearly FitBit are not in the business of listening to their customers, was a gold series FitBit really more important than adding this functionality!

JohnB59
First Steps

Just tried today to use audio cues on my Blaze.  I thought something was broken.  Can't believe the audio cues don't launch from the tracker, you have to use the app.

Crobeccada
Recovery Runner
+1 me too! I need cues while I'm running 😣
Romaniuk
First Steps

I totally agree I would love it if I could start my runs with my Blaze and have the voice cues and music start with one tap so I could leave my phone in my camelbak. 

Please get the update done!

LeeRedfern
Keeping Pace

I also want to be able to start a walk with only my Blaze and hear music AND voice cues during the walk.  Please do what needs doing to provide that functionality for the Blaze and its various exercises.

dsledman
First Steps

I agree......the whole reason I got the Blaze was because I thought I could control my runs and get voice cues from the app. Make it happen fitbitt-ers! 

IsraelPR
First Steps

If I'm carrying my phone it will excellent to have voice cues when starting the workout from the Blaze, please add this feature.

criscran
Recovery Runner

To me, there are distinct advantages to starting a workout from the Blaze, instead of the app. But, currently that means that audio cues aren't available. Not so much a problem in the warmer seasons, but in winter I am wearing several layers during a run and cannot view my Blaze face. I rely on audible audio cues through my headphones. I tracked a 6 mile run this morning using my Blaze and had no idea of my pace or distance until I reached the end and finished the track. Not very helpful.

MrsA31
First Steps

Voice cues on the Blaze are a must, I might as well not wear it and just go with a phone app!

Running_man
Stepping Up

I'm no software developer but this is surely a simple update to fix a big negative on the blaze . In temperatures below zero it is not an option to pull up your sleeve and pull down your gloves to see you have been running too hard to too slow. 

mreevejnr
First Steps

Don't know if you all know this but since the update we have audio cues and we can get more notifications like messenger and Facebook!!!   

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.