Run audio cues on Blaze

Would love to be able to hear audio cues while tracking a run on my Blaze. To date cues display only summary data on the watch while no audio is available. I run with headphones and I'm used to other trackers that allow audio cues while listening to music.

Moderator's edit: Added labels

45 Comments
MrsA31
First Steps

How do you receive audio cues on the Blaze? I've been getting notifications for facebook etc since Sept time but not had any audio cues.

mreevejnr
First Steps

On my phone I went to account and Exercise tracking.  It comes up in there! I only found it because my wife got one and I saw it on hers!

MrsA31
First Steps

Yes mine's on but I thought that was just the phone app not the watch itself? I certainly haven't had any voice cues since switching it to Play During Exercise.

criscran
Recovery Runner

Unfortuntely, those cues only come through if you launch an exercise on the phone app. I think we are all more interested in getting cues when the exercise is launched on the Blaze itself. 

I find it hard to believe that Fitbit hasn't addressed this. If the Blaze has the ability to trigger an activity on the phone and get feedback at distance intervals from the phone, then surely it can trigger an audio cue. What I am even MORE upset about is that no one from Fitbit has felt it necessary to chime in on this thread.

austinrlewis
First Steps

Having audio cues is the only big thing missing from the Blaze for me. I'm really liking it otherwise. Hoping Fitbit can add this in the near future. 😞

Moderator Edit: Format

freeburn
First Steps

Honestly had I known that it did not have audio cues I would not have bought it. I don't have time to be staring at my time when I am trying to run.  I need to know my mileage splits without having to look down.  If the Blaze is not doing this then I will be looking at a different brand when this one wears out because it is useless to me when I run.  I can just throw my I phone in my pocket to count steps.

Romaniuk
First Steps

I am disappointed that this wasn't added in the last update. I really like my blaze but would prefer to keep my phone in my camelbak versus having it on my hip so I can start and stop a run or race just so I can hear my splits and distance. Please get this done! The Canadian running season is short enough I can't wait much longer for this update. 

Moderator Edit: Format

mrtorpedo
First Steps

Would love audio cues when starting a run from my Blaze.

Nickym9
First Steps

Cant believe this isn ta feature, please make this happen.

gellenb
Recovery Runner

Was disappointed when I got my Blaze and found out it didn't have voice ques.  I bought fitbit thinking they were the leaders in fitness devices.

toptoad
Stepping Up

This would be gr8.

SeanZ
Keeping Pace

I have a Charge 2, I would like this feature added as well. I like to start my run with the Tracker and find it inconvenient to start it in the phone app. Voice cueing while I run is an essential feature in my book, it would be terrific for Fitbit to look into this and work something out here. 

As for now, I start my run on Charge 2 tracker, and use a seperate app on my phone called Running Distance Tracker for voice cues. Other than this little bug, my Fitbit Charge 2 is perfect. 

hbomb77
First Steps

This feature would be the icing on the cake.

The Blaze is talking to the phone at the start of a run. Throughout the run the app is telling the Blaze how far you've gone and the Blaze is using that info to cue vibrate alerts.

So why can't the app create audio alerts based on those cues???

Gtrebecca
First Steps

Yes! It is ridiculous that Fitbit does not already support this. Please add this feature before I am forced to buy a new brand of tracker. 

JaggerG
First Steps
Support is woeful. Had issue with Blaze loosing iPhone & hence GPS mid run. Also had run automatically stopping mid way through. Support still working on it 2weeks later. Got a Garmin Forerunner 235 in the Black Friday sales as I have no faith in FitBit.

Sent from my iPhone
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

criscran
Recovery Runner

Nice suggestion? Can’t wait to hear what other community members think? This thread is 2 years old with 41 comments. I think the community has already spoken.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

The biggest problem I see with this request is that the Blaze does not support audio, it should not be a problem to release on the ionic. 

criscran
Recovery Runner

And yet if you start an activity from the phone app, it WILL provide you will audio cues. The Ionic, also, does not provide audio cues although the watch face contains a lot more useful information. But running in the winter I kinda like to have my sleeve pulled over my watch. This is not an area in which Fitbit is excelling and it's rather disappointing!

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone.

Thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.