Samsung Health & Fitbit integration

Can we please have something that syncs our fit bit stats with our S Health stats? It's annoying to have multiple fitness platforms especially now that androids are becoming more and more popular as are fitness apps. It would be nice to do it all from one place.

Moderator edit: edited title and added labels

696 Comments
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

As someone who prefers to use the Samsung Health app because of its features, it would be nice to be able to integrate the data I get from my Fitbit scale. Otherwise I'm left to find a different scale and completely abandon the Fitbit brand. 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SunsetRunner, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us,this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned. Thanks for your understanding, I hope to see you around.

Jlwatne
First Steps

I have been using samsung health as my app for monitoring steps

I was given a fitbit versa for Christmas and would like to use the Fitbit to update step counts in Samsung's health app.

Moderator edit: Topic for clarification

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Dear @Jlwatne and Community members! Thanks for sharing this suggestion. Our web API and smartwatch SDK are open which means that the service you are wanting can actually integrate with Fitbit! We’d encourage you to make your suggestion to the service and direct them to our existing API and SDK and resources such as the web dev API community. You will likely be able to email them via their contact us page or customer support, or they may have their own ideas board like this. Or encourage them to reach out to Fitbit directly! Thanks for your participation in the Feature Suggestion forums, we look forward to making Fitbit more useful for you.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Ability to sync fitbit with SHealth would be an awesome idea!!!! Please make this compatability happen 😁

MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hey @SunsetRunner! Thank you for sharing your idea with the Community. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned.

Bigpopacool1
First Steps

SAMSUNG store now sells Fitbit products so why not sync them with S health 

sisserydoo
First Steps

Wouldn't it be lovely if my Fitbit flex 2 synced with my Samsung Health? My husband just bought a Samsung phone and watch and want to share data with me for challenges. I have a fitbit. He will not be buying another device to wear. I will not be buying another device to wear.

Why isn't Fitbit listening to its customers?

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Hi, Can we make a feature request to get s health and fitbit to work as one without a 3rd party application? 

Islandlizardjm
First Steps

When will i be able to sync my Fitbit to s health. I'd love to see my fit bit steps sync to my Samsung S health. I wear my fit bit everywhere and sometimes don't carry my phone everywhere  So I'd love to see the steps on my fit bit on my Samsung s health steps.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @IslandlizardjmThanks for taking the time to explain why you would like to have an option to sync your Fitbit device with Samsung Health with us! This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While this isn't currently planned at this moment, we have left voting open so we can keep tracking this request overtime. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Kdawg34
First Steps

Through 3rd party apps it is already possible to copy over steps from S health but these steps do not count towards challenges the number 1 reason I used fitbit. If you will not incorporate direct integration simply allowing these steps to count would be excellent. Go ahead and make it a premium "paid" feature it will be worth it.

EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Kdawg34, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about adding integration with Samsung Health, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned.

Zanda
First Steps
Hi, would be good for FitBit to have an option to connect with friends who have Samsung Galaxy smartwatch and other smart watches with step count ability.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Zanda, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to connect with Samsung Health or Samsung phones. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Shaydk
First Steps
Fitbit program would benefit tremendously if other wearable tech can be linked to improve overall health care and support
Status changed to: Needs More Info
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Shaydk, thank you for sharing your suggestion. We'd like you to share with us the specific name of devices you want to connect with Fitbit.

Thanks in advance for your response.

Shaydk
First Steps
I currently have the Samsung Galaxy watch 4 classic series and I absolutely
love it! I've always been a clock fan that wore watches and collect pocket
watches! I've always been a Samsung Galaxy user also and I don't know what
I'd do w out it or any devices that are the best health monitors and
programs! I received a notification that my insurance company covered the
Fitbit program and I really look forward to using all of the help I can get
and of course w out breaking the bank for lack of a better word lol
Please consider this request and please keep me updated either way! I
sincerely appreciate your time and effort to help me w this request! Thank
you so much again in advance!

-Shay K
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Shaydk, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about Samsung & Fitbit integration. I really appreciate your response. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. 

Click on the thumbs-up to show your support. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

Stealth711
First Steps
Now that Samsung and Google have teamed up, (Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 running Google's WearOs), and Google owns FitBit, why oh why is there not an app to install on Samsung Galaxy Watch 5, that we can use to link to the FitBit app to track steps?? Please implement this as soon as possible, It used to be possible with the Samsung Watch 3. Why not now?
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Stealth711, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about Samsung and Fitbit integration. I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.