Samsung Health & Fitbit integration

Can we please have something that syncs our fit bit stats with our S Health stats? It's annoying to have multiple fitness platforms especially now that androids are becoming more and more popular as are fitness apps. It would be nice to do it all from one place.

Moderator edit: edited title and added labels

696 Comments
Mia1281
First Steps

I appears to me that people have been requesting this for quite some time, but what I do not understand is why Fitbit is not listening to what their customers want???? 

Khudhayr
Jogger

I'm really disappointed. I just got my first Fitbit band (ionic) and it does not sync to S Health, Pacer, and many other apps. I bought this band to get rid of mobile while doing my sport activities and to challenge my friends in Fitbit app and S Health .. but sadly there is no sync!!?

Protenn
First Steps

S-Health Fitbit Integration.PNG

guillo
Stepping Up

Just got Ionic and sad to find out it doesn't sync with Samsung Health. Fitbit, please help me not regret this. Thanks

Deanmurphy
First Steps

Please add an interface to Samsung health

RMRSpam
First Steps

another vote!

jay_taztt
First Steps

Anytime now, like before we get flying cars would be nice. 

Fizzifizzo
First Steps

Come on fitbit!!! Let's make this happen...  this debate and beg for an integration has been going on for years!!! 

Stop messing about and let's sort it out now!

Thanks 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

After having a for bit for over 2 years and 3 years of this thread. still no sync with S Health. it should really be compatible by now.

How long till this happens?

is this even going to happen?

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Being cross compatible will not hurt Fitbit, but make it more robust. Please allow Samsung Health data to be synced to FitBit accounts. Don't punish end users and you'll make more money obviously many people pay for items from both companies. If this many people did comment imagine how many never did that still wanted this functionality.

Riandi26
First Steps

Just got my fitbit today... I am rather disappointed that it is incompatible with the Samsung Health app, but I am sincerely hoping that fitbit will be able to come up with a solution. Would be truly fantastic to co-use the two. 

Please, please, please solve this 🙂

JQuiroz
First Steps

I have a fitbit Aria and a Samsung cell and Im dissapointed that Fitbit does not sync with S Health. I really like Samsung and I can easily replace Fitbit... sorry Fitbit you are not going to beat Samsung, Im selling my Aria and Im going to buy something compatible with S Health... Fitbit if you dont make this happen you will lose more clients... bye Fitbit... 

theITgui
Jogger

I love Fitbit and my phone, obviously. I don't keep my phone on me for every step but my Fitbit is always on me. It would be nice to see my fitbit steps in S Health. Let's do this. 🙂 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Please add a way to sync fitbit with Samsung Health. I have a Samsung S8+ 

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Thank you for your suggestions. We are always looking for ways you can use your data to support your health and fitness goals. For the past few years, we’ve been the leader in developing direct partnerships through our open API with hundreds of the most popular health apps, wellness programs, incentive systems, and other services that have enabled people like you to make the most of your products and data. In addition, the launch of Fitbit Ionic has given us the opportunity to allow third party developers to develop apps for the Fitbit App Gallery through our SDK, providing opportunities to offer even more features and apps to our global Fitbit community from our developer community.

With regards to your proposed integrations, we continue to evaluate new partners and will update you if we have news to share. Fitbit has a history of working with the community to bring potential features to reality, and we thank you for taking the time to share your ideas and suggestions.

RogerSwiper
First Steps

Ability to synch data to and from Samsung Health. Especially from the Fitbit Aria scales 

enteecee
Jogger

There's no way they're going to offer this, as they flatly and pretty publicly said they'd never integrate with Apple's Health Kit out of fear that it would siphon users away from their own app.

But listen, FitBit: I have loved 4 of your devices in 3 models, and gotten my wife and M-I-L on board.  I've no interest in a giant, heavy Apple Watch that has to be charged every day.  But I AM tempted now and again to switch to a different lightweight tracker that can integrate with the established "hub" for health apps.

RogerSwiper
First Steps

I think you are right enteecee. For this user, both Samsung Health and Strava integration are key features. Which is why I just gave away my Fitbit. Oh well. 

Damian1219
First Steps

I just got my Fitbit yesterday on Christmas and I was so excited! Until I found out it had no S Health syncing whatsoever. Most people who have purchased a Fitbit product have used something similar to S Health prior. I wish all the information tracked with my Fitbit could be sent straight to my main fitness app, but that's just not the case. Honestly, I just want some ease of access when it comes to these types of products. Please make this improvement a reality.

CEConti
Recovery Runner

Sync to Samsung SHealth. I invested in my Aria and several FitBit trackers. However, i need integration to my Android phone that is not possible from FitBit. Please provide SHealth with a way to pull data from the scale.

bynken
Jogger

+1 on the shealt sync, i know you cant make samsung support your device, but i bet you could somehow import the Shealth data to make a complete picture on your sweet page/app.

Brandanct
First Steps

It would be amazing if S Health step counter and info could be transfered to Fitbit app for health management. 

Bcurtisol
Jogger

My fitbit records my every step. Why do these steps not sync with Samsung Health app? Most every other stat does? Any advice?

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity

RobertoME
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hello @Bcurtisol, welcome to the Fitbit Community! In this case the reason is because the Samsung Health app is not compatible with Fitbit. At the moment there is no option to integrate your Health app with Fibit, hence the data recorded by your tracker won't be shared to this app.

Feel free to review our full update regarding this integration and future plans here: S Health & Fitbit integration.

See you later and hope this information helps.

Firefighterbard
First Steps

It It been a couple of years since the last update onoa similar topic.  With the increincre amount and popularity of Android phones and Samsung devices, itiwouit bebfantastic to be able to link my FitBit to my phone phone.  FitBit syncs totatotalot of other apps, why not Samsung Health? 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.