Scandinavian Food Database

On this and other forums, I saw a lot of Scandinavian users, or Norwegian in my case that would like a food database for their country. Since I get that it might be a lot of work to create and maintain a database for each country, what about a Scandinavian/Nordic database. There is a lot of overlap of the products and I could imagine that most of the users are for by English language, so no need for translation.

In previous suggestions, users referred to existing open access databases with Norwegian and Swedish products, not sure if those would be of any help though.

E.g.:

https://matvaretabellen.no/?language=en

https://www.livsmedelsverket.se/en

http://www.matapi.se

I believe EAN is used for most European products, like the US uses UPC, so wouldn't it be possible to include some Scandinavian products to these bar code DB?

19 Comments
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I think this is a very good idea!

Lisanorway
First Steps

Yes, that's what I was hoping for!

JeroenVs
Stepping Up

Great to hear! I think it is good to vote the idea then, since the more votes the more serious the feature is taken hopefully 🙂

You can vote next to the feature request by clicking on the thumbs up.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @JeroenVs Thanks for sharing your ideas with us on the Feature Request board. I really like the idea of having Scandinavian Food Database on Fitbit.

Hovda
First Steps

Hi

living in Norway I am missing the possibility to choose Norwegian foods in the food log. Not being able to choose even Scandinavia makes it impossible for me not to use another app for my food logging since Fitbits lacking in countries makes it extremely time consuming to log my food. I can see that I am not the only one with this problem, I see it being mentioned many months ago but I cannot se anybody offering a solution. Can you please tell if this is something you are working on?

regards from Norway 

Lynnea1328
First Steps

I hope this is coming along. Things like this should be crowdsourced if possible.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I do agree

--

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Bigollocks
First Steps

It seems a great pity that Fitbit cannot bothered to create a Norwegian food list.

wondermouse
Jogger

+1

Hope this will be resolved soon.

Kenneth86cvb
Jogger

It seems like I've waited for this since 2018 and nothing seems to be done about it. Occasionally I see that someone from the fitbit team answers. Maybe a status report for 2021 would be in order from the team? As we still wait for this. I find it absolutely crucial to be able to track/reach ones goal. Please take this seriously at the fitbit HQ. And by an aswer/report, I don't mean that one from the team agrees it's a great idea, as I've read several times, but a current status quo on where the company stands regarding this. 

Kenneth

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Lynnea1328
First Steps
Yes, this is getting ridiculous. I see a lot of people wearing Fitbits in
Sweden. Why can't they offer us the same service they offer in other
countries?
Timpan
Jogger

Yes time for fitbit to deliver this

Linnea89
First Steps

So many people in the Nordic countries uses Fitbit so why is it so hard to make a Nordic foodlist? 😤

JensenDenmark
First Steps

Maybe FitBit could use the Fitbit Coach and guidance on how to get that Scandinavian food database up and running 😎

Fooddatabas
Keeping Pace

Great idea! 

linneajohanna
First Steps

This would be an excellent idea!

jakubreh
First Steps

It is total pain to log food intake with Fitbit in Sweden. Any update on this?

Fooddatabas
Keeping Pace

How are things going  with with the Nordic food database? 

The only reason why Fitbit isn't submerged in requests for this is because Twitter isn't used much by Nordic users....

Erin.fuller
Jogger

So 4 years later and still no Scandinavian food database? Ridiculous. Give your customers an update? 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.