Screen timeout setting on Inspire 2

For the Inspire 2, please add an option in settings to increase the amount of time my screen stays lit. I don't care whether it's adjusted on the watch, in my phone app, or online; I just want a way to change that setting.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

54 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @AmySu, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about being able to increase the screen timeout on Inspire 2 with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

ksscampbell
First Steps

I just purchased an Inspire 2 and would like the screen time display to last longer especially with the count down or stop watch feature.  The screen should stay on for the time selected on both the count down or stop watch.  It should also vibrate when the time selected has finished.  Also add seconds to the count down.

helensvt
First Steps
3 seconds is too fast to read a screen. Please increase it or give an option in settings.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @helensvt, thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to increase the scree time on the Inspire 2 with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Andie56
First Steps

Display time is way to quick.  Just spent a lot of time looking for a way to lengthen it, only to realize I can't.   

An option to make it longer would be very helpful.

L.d
Jogger

I saw on a Inspire HR thread that a moderator said it was avalible on Inspire 2. Clearly its not.

I need this aswell. A lot of the times I dont have time to read the message before the screen shuts of. I might not be the fastest reader but its silly fast.

Andie56
First Steps
Diddo. Extremely frustrating!!
Akrait
First Steps

3 seconds to check the time is fine, but doing timed or interval exercises where you can’t see the timer is just kind of a joke really. It’s honestly reason enough to return the product. Please provide an update for this.

Carrimpala
First Steps

You've been asked for over a year to add time out settings for the versa and inspire watches.  Either you have the dumbest programmers on the planet or your management doesn't give a dang about pleasing their customers.  

scyudits
First Steps

Please please add a way to increase screen timeout -- like so many others have said, 3 seconds is just too short. 

pamela_Sue
First Steps

I have to agree - 3 seconds is much too short.  I would not have purchased the Inspire 2 if I had known this.

UnderGreen
First Steps

Three seconds is way too short to check the screen, especially whilst running in daylight.

ksscampbell
First Steps
What is taking so long for Fitbit to address this?
Lladoog
First Steps

Far too short. I realise that you want to save battery life, but 2-3 seconds is silly, especially on performance which has…

day

date

hours

mins

seconds

heart rate

Performance/steps etc.

let the user decide to trade battery life versus performance as per most mobiles & PC.

Thanks you for a great product, now please provide a timeout option and finish the job.

Esoonh
First Steps

Like everything about inspire2 but screen timeout increase definitely should be an option in settings it makes for a feeling of dissatisfaction every time I use it even though in other respects it is geeat

ChalupaBatman69
First Steps
Please include a screen time out setting on the Inspire 2 model on next firmware update.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @ChalupaBatman69, thanks for explaining why you would like to have screen timeout setting on Inspire 2. I've moved it into a similar request. I think that a lot of users would like to have this option on their Fitbit devices. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

DanielBar
First Steps
Please increase the display timeout on inspire 2, I understand that this feature is available in other models but not this one for some reason, 3 to 5 seconds is not enough time, either an always on or 60 second time out for the display would be great!
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @DanielBar, thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to increase the screen timeout on the Inspire 2 with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

thesket
Recovery Runner

Yes please make this feature happen soon, I just got an Inspire 2 and I am amazed that this isn't possible. It's the only thing I don't like about the watch, but it is kind of a major issue. 

-----------------------------------------

Please add an option to allow the screen to stay on for longer. I don't care if it affects battery life, the screen doesn't stay on for long enough to be useful in many cases. An always-on feature would be perfect, but even just allowing us to change the screen timeout length would be great. This is by far the worst thing with the watch. Please fix

DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hello @thesket, thanks for sharing your idea about the possibility of adding an option to allow the screen of the Inspire 2 to stay on for longer. I noticed that a similar suggestions has already been posted, so I’ve moved your post here, this helps to keeps the boards more organized.

Make sure to add your vote as well to support this suggestion, this helps the team of developers to keep track of popularity and demand over time.

Thank you again for your participation in the Community. 

thesket
Recovery Runner

@DavideFitbit, thanks, but people have been complaining about this issue for a very long time it seems, and nothing has happened and there has been no actual response as to if/when this will be implemented, or if it is even being worked on or even considered by the developers. This has to be an extremely easy thing to implement with a firmware update, other fitbit models have the option already, what is the hold up? Can we get a response of some kind as to whether or not this is going to happen? This issue literally takes the watch from being a 9/10 star product to a 4/10 in my opinion, it is just silly and crazy that the development team has ignored the community for so long about this. 

--------------------------------

And it doesn't help that the screen is not very responsive to double taps etc, especially when sweating while working out. 

Lladoog
First Steps

Well said!

Please can we have a delivery date for this important enhancement.

Brox23
Base Runner

Please please please add this capability! Judged by comments and threads all over fitbit, reddit and other platforms this is a very widely desired feature. I am surprised it wasn't included originally. You should be able to choose timeout time eg. 3s, 5s, 10s, 30s... up to always on!
The vote count on this particular post doesn't reflect the hundreds and hundreds of people talking about this.

kitnaib
Stepping Up

Please add this functionality.  Being able to keep the heart rate visible is an essential requirement for me.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.