Secondary Email Addresses

Please add a field to add other email addresses besides the login address. This would open up the opportunity to find more friends through contacts, especially if they only have one address for you and it's not your login address.

9 Comments
rrrosie
First Steps

I got a Fitbit Zip at work as part of a wellness challenge. I signed up with my personal email address. Now I am having trouble because all my friends at work are trying to invite me using my work email. If the account settings could accept more than one email address my problem would be solved. Right now the workaround is to send each friend a new invite from my personal account, which is a little tedious. thanks.

Awesome
Premium User
First Steps

I registered "premium" with my computer per a seperate email address (because my phone said email address already taken) than what fitbit allowed me to register my apple phone via its app. Now, I have two email addresses: one for my phone that I am using more often than my computer. However, I paid 50 bucks for "premium" that is on my computer. How can I access my 'premium' account via my phone when it always says "email address already in use"?

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
FerdinandFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Thanks for sharing your ideas @psychozoner! Currently, if you're adding someone to your Fitbit friends via email address, this will depend more on the email address you have them saved to your contacts regardless of the email address you are using for your Fitbit account. If this is not quite what you're looking for, feel free to provide more details about your request.

Thanks for stopping by the Feature Request board!

amosb
First Steps

Adding my work email address would help gain access to all of my calendar and email notifications since I can't forward them to my personal account. It would also let me connect with those at work who are not in my contacts for challenges and such. +1 to this idea!

Alyssa9
First Steps

The ability to have a second email address on the account would be a welcome update. Having a second source helps with IT security in a world that is hacked everyday. Also, there are more and more companies participating in corporate wellness plans with Fitbit incentives. I need to use my corporate account to access the benefits, but all my data is associated with the personal email. When I opened a chat case the agent was unable to merge the accounts.

KathleenAW
Jogger

My work phone is my only phone, but it is tied to a different email acct. I want to be able to check my stats and use my fitbit when at work. How do I add my phone

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Penngineer
First Steps

I am participating in a weight loss, exercise, and cognitive behavior study to promote a healthier lifestyle.  They provide want to sync to their email to compile the data which means we have unsync from our own account.  This is very disappointing.  Fitbit should think of a way to allow another email account to sync/access our account as long as the primary user gives them access.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Penngineer, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to have to option to have a secondary email address with Fitbit. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.