See Taunts & Cheers on Fitbit Device

Each time a friend taunts me, cheers me, or messages me using the fitbit app, i have no idea until i pick up my phone.  If it was similar to call notifications - a phone and the name scrolling below - such as the taunt/cheer faces with the name , it would be fun,  Or each time a friend passes me in a challenge - it would help my get off my butt.  My Charge HR has been great in tracking steps, HR etc... but it would be good if things were spiced up a bit and made a little more competitive and fun

Moderator Edit: Added Labels & Title

36 Comments
jldennis
First Steps

To stimulate more activity I think an option for the charge HR should be that when a friend taunts or cheers you your Fitbit should vibrate instead of it only being on the app.

Moderator edit: Added labels and edited title for clarity 

nnever thought about that before that'd be fun! Help keep motivated only thing is I think it would need to be  option within the app to turn this on with your fitbit because I could see people taunting me at work and vibrating my Charge HR like crazy just because they know I'm at work lol
So it would def need some form of control! But sounds fun!

JulieJ3
Stepping Up

I am having the same issue.  Anyone else having this problem?

DanTK
First Steps

Yes.  I have the same problem.

DanTK
First Steps

Initially several days ago it came and went, but now it just stays as a red notification bubble.  Going into messages, clicking into them, going on the iphone 4S, or Computer web app doesn't clear it.  I've tried shutting down the app, restarting the iPhone and still it comes back.

I would love to see a response to comments posted by neomom.

valbobal
First Steps

I am having the same issue! As soon as I click on the Friends icon with the notification, it takes me straight to the Messages tab, even though I have no unread messages. It used to go to the last tab I was on, which usually was the 7-Day Steps comparison and much more useful. I also tried restarting the iPhone, online browser, etc. 

valbobal
First Steps

Just contacted customer support - logging out and back in cleared the notification icon for me! Go to Account, then scroll to th ebottom to "Log Out of App". Log back in and voila!

WinePress
Recovery Runner

Sometimes, friends and relatives send a private message or "challenge".   It would be great if my Charge HR or any fitbit item, would have a flash or vibrating notice (optional), for when you receive a personal message or challenge.   I wouldn't have to read it on my charge, but it'd be nice to know i have a challenge or message, so I can check / read it on my phone..

Thoughts?  Please vote for this idea.  

Abbs
Recovery Runner

When a friend cheers you or sends you a message, it'd be nice if your fitbit app not only notifies you but makes your phone vibrate so you know you got a cheer or a message from your friend.

My co-worker and I were thinking there should be a feature like that otherwise, you don't know you have a message or a cheer until you check your phone. But if you have the phone on you and the phone vibrates because of a cheer at least you'd know when you got a cheer. 

Does that make sense? 

Status changed to: New
CindyFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hey @WinePress it's nice to see you here! I think it could be great to have notifications for private messages and challenges on your tracker. 

If you have any other idea, don't hesitate in visiting our Feature Request board again! Woman Wink

Tao75
Tempo Runner
Why want fitbit cheers, taunts and messages being notified on the surge? Seems strange that they don't, since phonecalls and sms are sent to the surge from the mobilephone. Would be nice to get badges notified on my surge too.
Charliehero
First Steps

Agree! the Surge should recieve a push notification of a cheer or taunt!!

alliecatb
First Steps

I was thinking the same idea but for the flex too!! I think the notifcation should make the band actually vibrate! #motivation

GFGartland
First Steps

+1

It would be great to be able to further customize the notifications being sent to the Charge HR.  Allow cheers and taunts, badge completions, overachiving goals.  Each could be something that a user could turn on or off as they see fit.

jawes23
First Steps

You should be able to see your fitbit messages on the Blaze. I don't know why regular text messages would show and not ones from actual fitbit. 

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity

akossol
First Steps
This sounds like a good idea. Would be a nice feature
kjane
First Steps
This is a great idea! I agree that having that information right on the watch (vs. having to reach in your pocket for your phone) would be much more motivating! Technologically, this would probably be even easier to set up than the integration with phone notifications (calls, text, calendar, etc)!
Smerge
Jogger
One thing that I think would be a great addition to the blaze is sending notifications when someone taunts, cheers, sends a message, and a friend request.I think that would be great and also maybe a few other designs when you hit your goal, plus additional clock faces. Just some ideas to throw out there.
imanilea
Recovery Runner
It would also be awesome to have a view for challenge progress.
Smerge
Jogger
I agree Imanilea
Technigull
First Steps

+1 Messages/Taunts/Cheers should show on all devices with a display.  Just have it scroll on the Charge HR like normal phone messages do.  

Raven7722
Jogger

I agree with this totally!  I would like to see the messages my friends leave during the challenge but have it as an option where you can turn it off or on like the other notifications!

Thanks!

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
DerrickS
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Great idea! Receiving a Taunt, Cheer, or Message notification on your tracker could potentially provide the extra motivation to reach your goal or win a Challenge. Thanks for sharing!

Stargirl20
Jogger
YES! YES! YES! I agree about this idea to be notified (but also a easy ability to turn it off too!) if you get a message from someone!
wardrich
Recovery Runner

Yup.  Blows my mind that FitBit's own messages don't display on the device... you'd think if it were to display ANYTHING it'd be their own messages, cheers, and taunts... wtf!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.