Send message to all friends or groups

I would like to see the ability to send a message to all/select friends at once.  Instead of having to message them one at a time. Like if I am going to be not able to get my steps because say spending the day traveling in a car.  Just want to be able to send a message to multiple friends at once instead of having to do it one at a time. 

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

23 Comments
GigiSings
Recovery Runner

It's a nice feature to be able to cheer or taunt one person at a time, but it'd be a nice feature to be able to cheer or taunt an entire Activity Group members are a part of as well as to be able to cheer or taunt one's entire group of friends and even better if there were check boxes so we can select many friends but not all. Currenlty, we have to go into a person's profile individually and cheer or taunt one at a time. When we have a lot of friends that need cheering or taunting it's frustrating to have to go to so many different profiles to accomplish what should be an easy task.

Thornton
Jogger

I would like to know how you can even see what you are cheering or taunting about cause it does not show you any sort of information with the app anyway, the webpage side is ok. But yes grouping these would be good.

GigiSings
Recovery Runner
In the app (until this week anyways), on friends list, have to select friend one at a time, then gives option to cheer, etc. This week I no longer connect on the friend page (IT ticket sent) & can't view the profiles the same way any longer. Hope this helps
ToddSteever
Recovery Runner

So a small group of my family and friends have gotten fitbits to encourage each other in our weight loss challenge. 

We can see each others 7-day steps (wish it was daily) and other stats which is a great motivator.

What I would like to see would be a way to send mass messages to all of my fitbit friends to motivate, taunt, etc... Currently we are sending messages one at a time and it is tedious. 

Loosing weight is so much easier with support and a larger support group would help. 

Sampdoria
Stepping Up

Please add ability to send messages to a group. Right now you can only send messages to one individual. I'm in competition with a group using fitbit, who can do the most, etc. And it's unfortunate we can't send group messages to each other. Does not seem very hard to add this ability. Please add asap. Thanks!

PastaLuver14
Runner

I have tried to look for this feature on here,but can't seem to find it so I don't think it exsists!

Okay, so....is there any way to message everyone on your friends list verse just messaging one person at a time?  I would like to send one exact same message to everyone at the same time. Rather then just going down my friends list, copy/paste same message, send. 

There needs to be this feature if it is not available. Would make things easier. Like select the ones you want to message the same message to then send as a group message

Dimitri_L
Recovery Runner

@Sampdoria wrote:

Please add ability to send messages to a group. Right now you can only send messages to one individual. I'm in competition with a group using fitbit, who can do the most, etc. And it's unfortunate we can't send group messages to each other. Does not seem very hard to add this ability. Please add asap. Thanks!

I agree about the group messaging ability. It would also be great to modify the site messaging system so that one could have a record of messages sent and to whom.

It is getting difficult to keep track of who I have messaged, what I wrote to them and when, and it can create confusion, at least for me.

I see the same complaint by other Fitbiters and also about how it would be great if we could communicate more easily.

Status changed to: New
zapleahy
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Thanks for the feedback! I'd suggest placing your votes and comments in this existing idea. I'll go ahead and close this topic so we can keep it all in one place.

zapleahy
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

@PastaLuver14 This isn't currently a feature, and we appreciate your feedback. It's great to know that you enjoy keeping in touch with, and motivating, your Fitbit Friends!

BrieF
First Steps

It would be great if we could send messages to multiple users at once. A bunch of family members and I got FitBits all at the same time. I'd like to be able to send messages like, "Way to go SiL! You're really kicking your husbands butt!" to both my SiL and BiL.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AmritaFitbit
Premium User
Progression Runner

Thanks for this suggestion! We'll be sure to pass this idea along to the rest of the team. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Yes! Would love to be able to message more than one person at a time  Smiley Happy

evfred
First Steps

I agree... there should be a group messaging feature

Status changed to: New
Mcore
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Thank you for contributing your idea to our Feature Request forum!

This post has been archived due to inactivity, and can no longer receive votes or comments. Any other ideas you might have, feel free to share them or vote for it, if it’s already suggested in the Feature Request Forum.

Raycanbike
Stepping Up

This would be a great feature, needless waste of time to retype message that needs to go to several people. For instance I'm biking 70 to 80 miles per week, but Fitbit doesn't count this as part of my "steps". All my friends think I don't do many steps, but the biking is really equivalent to about 35,000 steps for me. I would like to email them my adijusted total each week in a single message. This week my steps were 40K + 35K equivalent from biking for a total of 75K. All my friends see is the 40K from walking.

mikeSF2
First Steps

Did this idea go anywhere? It would be a valuable addition. There's not much point of creating a group of friends if I can't communicate with them as a group  - as well as distinct individuals.

JayArrEss
Jogger

I see this idea has been around for a couple of years, but it didn't seem to evolve.  I really want to email a group rather than each friend individually.  This is a good idea for several reasons.  First - it is a real pain to have to message everyone individually!  It would be good to invite people to challenges, to start a conversation, etc.   I am not a programmer but it seems to me this would be an easy one to implement.  Please vote and bring this back to the top again, maybe someone will listen!Smiley Happy

KBSNPD
First Steps

Agreed.  PLEASE implement the ability to send a group message.  Especially if someone is under the weather and missing steps it would be helpful to be able to tell all of your friends at once instead of the tedious task of doing it one at a time!  Thanks.

@jdoboski wrote:

I would like to see the ability to send a message to all/select friends at once.  Instead of having to message them one at a time. Like if I am going to be not able to get my steps because say spending the day traveling in a car.  Just want to be able to send a message to multiple friends at once instead of having to do it one at a time. 

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

LPCoder
Recovery Runner
Allow user to post comments in multiple groups. Currently can only post one group at a time.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @LPCoder, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to send messages to all friends or groups. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

Grateful4Ever
Jogger
I am requesting a way of notifying members when an. Administrator messages the private group. At this time there is not a mechanism to notify. All users that may and/or may not be a Fitbit friend UNLESS you change group details then a notification goes out to all the members.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @mortonboots, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to send message to all friends or groups as Administrator. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.