Set Alarms From Mobile App Dashboard

The feature to set or change an alarm is three levels deep in the iOS app. I'd like to see a tile on the dashboard or an icon on the lower tab/toolbar to quickly set silent alarms.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

10 Comments
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Fab Cat Happy

If possible allow to set alarms on the tracker itself? Cat Embarassed

Chari53
First Steps
It took me a few days to fall in love with my new Alta but fall in love I have. "But" I'd love to see a few enhancements. The reminders to move are nice but what would be much more useful to me is a custom reminder. I can think of two ways that could work, there may be more,
First, is I could edit the text of the reminder to something like "I'm thirsty, Lets drink some water." That wouldn't work so well for what I really need, though, even though I also need to remember to stay hydrated.
Second, since my Alta can display the beginning of a text message and can "alarm" I'm hoping it would be possible to add a label feature to the silent alarms. Right now I have an alarm set for noon. Why? I have been known to become so engrossed in a project I forget to eat. So, at noon, my tracker buzzes and displays "12:00PM". I'd like to be able to enter text when I set the alarm that will display instead of the time. Something like "lunch time" or "getting late" or "pick up grandkids". A limited number of characters is fine. I have a reminder app now that texts reminders but all I get on my Alta is the number and sender then the first character or two of the reminder text. This one feature would help me so very much.
It would also be helpful to be able to change the frequency of the automatic reminder.
Rich_Laue
Community Legend
ThirteenCrows
First Steps
WELL OKAY THEN!!!

Best regards,

--
Dan Morgan
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

Kiatisak
Recovery Runner

Actually I use MI band 2 and 3rd app MI band tool before move to Ionic. I just want to share you they have many useful feature for cheep smart band e.g. Custom notification from app, Call notification only favorite contact.

Tinsel171
First Steps

It really annoys me everyday that I have to go 3 levels deep to set/unset the alarms. It would be great to have an option on the dashboard to go directly to the alarms.

Total-sence
First Steps

I cannot find alarms on iOS and total pain trying to remove or setup an alarm on the watch not impressed at all everything else on the Fitbit is great 

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Sorry @Total-sence but many users where upset that Fitbit, unlike a regular watch has no way of setting an alarm from the wrist. Instead Fitbit required the app and an Internet connection. Let's say the user has no Internet, it will be impossible to set an alarm. 

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this suggestion! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature on our latest Fitbit devices, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Please note that with some of our old Fitbit devices you're able to set your alarms on the Fitbit app and the fitbit.com dashboard. You can find more details hereWe're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.