Sexual Health Tracking

General Concept

Fitbit should implement sexual health tracking separately, and in a more robust fashion, than in its current version where it’s found under the Female Health Tracking umbrella. Sexual health is important for both sexes and all gender expressions and would bolster Fitbit’s health data, making it more beneficial for users and healthcare professionals.

Apple Health implementation

Currently Apple Health offers “reproductive health” tracking that allows users to track each instance of sexual intercourse, including whether or not protection was used. That data is logged graphically, giving users the ability to quickly see their daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly statistics.

Building a Better Product

While Apple Health’s offering is currently superior to Fitbit’s, there is substantial room for improvement. Vaginal intercourse is not the only kind of sexual interaction and users would benefit by being able to specify vaginal, oral, or other activity. Fitbit should also allow users to track each occurrence, rather than just daily tracking as it’s currently implemented. A note taking option should also be included so users can record private details that may be helpful down the road, including duration and contact information in the event they need to report sexually transmitted diseases.

7 Comments
Deejays
First Steps

I love this idea! Fitbit needs to make these changes ASAP!

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Thanks for sharing your idea with us @SunsetRunner.

Let's see what other users think about this.

RhiMarieG
First Steps

Love this idea; I’ve found the “female health” tracking to be lacking in a lot of ways. I personally want to be able to track occurances of sex and type of sex through the day (**ahem**, vaginal, oral) , as well as more other things like UTIs and Yeast Infections, so you can track the frequency. 

Also accomodation for men, and non-binary or non-hetero people in the app, since they have sex too.

Lenalee
Jogger

Since the device can be worn continuously in order to most accuratly track health, I think it would be important to add a general sexual health tracking/activity. Nothing too detailed, but an option to caterorize it as either intercourse or masterbation because currently it may log it as running, swimming, treadmill or any other of the available activities. This type of tracking should be made optional for it's users so if the opt-in then they are aware that this information will be used for data tracking/keeping, or whatever you do with the data collected by devices.

In my opinion, it would also be interesting to see your own data such as heart rate, duration, and a way to log intensity and see how it affects the user body and see trends.

It would be nice to have on the app and used for charge 3.

Clone-Welder
Jogger

My wife and I both agree this would be nice to track in the app/have its own tracking option. As well as have a group to talk about it. 

On a side note, does anyone here know of an app or group that does this? Have looked for different forums and FB pages but have not found anything. 

SnowRabbit76
First Steps

Hello Fitbit!

This would be a great feature. Suggested in 2018 and here it is 2021 and still no progress.

Please make this available to all of us and not just people with menstrual cycles!

pabs
First Steps

This is an EXCELLENT idea! As a sexual health educator I fully endorse this as an effective tool for people to track and improve their sexual health and wellness. It can even help people learn and appreciate the value sex brings to our physical and emotional health. I would use this feature 100%!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.