Share MobileRun activities on Social Media

One of the best aspects of the Fitbit app is that it plays nice with all platforms, and it encourages the social aspect of exercise.  I love the fact that I can brag about my latest badge, and then share that on Facebook or Twitter.  

I would really love it if you could share your running activies that you've done with MobileRun on Facebook.  Right now there is no share button or option, which is very limiting.  This is the only thing that is keeping me from leaving RunKeeper!

Thanks!

75 Comments
Tekphilly
First Steps
Would be nice to use the new gps tracking feature and once completed post the route / stats to a social network (Facebook) so friends could see.
hawaiipt
Base Runner
Would be cool if only the run app feature could post on Social Media with the map path and data reported. This way users can share their route with followers and connections. Runners and bikers are always looking for interesting places to exercise. Plus cool way to be competitive with friends.
andrewmead73
First Steps

Add the ability to share an exercise via Twitter or Facebook in the spot where the 3 horizontal dots allow you to delete an exercise. Maybe this is possible but can't seem to figure it out on mine.

Status changed to: New
AmritaFitbit
Premium User
Progression Runner

Great idea! Thanks for posting. 

ozguralagul
Jogger

Hi,

I want to use my iOS fitbit app to add / edit / log my specitific time activities. I have to use Web Dashboard to make these changes over activity records now.

Also, while reviewing a activity record on iOS app, it would be great to share that activity with a single 'share' button to social media.

Thanks,

masparks89
Recovery Runner

Completely agree with this one. I was searching to see if anyone else had suggested. I can't really believe that this isn't a more popular request. The current setup makes activity logging almost useless to me as I primarly use the iPhone app. It would be great to be able to see my activity sessions on the ios app so I could edit the names and see the recorded time in more detail like you can on the online page. 

SilviuD
Jogger

Hi, 

What I really like to have as a feature is to be able to share my run or workout/activity to my facebook account or twitter. Thx.

agathacat
Jogger

Couldn't agree more. The ability to share maps to Twitter and email would allow me to ditch Map My Walk.

lisbondow
Jogger

I agree it would be nice if Moble Runs could be shared to facebook.  This would allow me to get rid of the Runkeeper app.

zenjayke
Jogger

Right now the only work around I've found is to screen shot your summary screen after a run and post that on Facebook or Twitter.  Still using RunKeeper until this feature is added.  It's really a shame especially with the introduction of the GPS-enabled Surge.

sa_zu
Recovery Runner

I really need this feature! I need to share the map with my trainers... if you don't implement this feature I might have to reconsider wether buying the Surge!

It would be nice to export it in .gpx file

BSlyngstad
Premium User
Jogger

Agreed, I just upgaded from a Flex to a Surge and I used to use Nike+ GPS watch for runs.  Being able to hit Twitter or Facebook with your run, pace and map link was convienient and helped encourage some of my friends to get moving.  I would love to be able to share an exercise to social media.

Hughesjt
Recovery Runner

I am trying to share Run data (Maps/Times/Distance) with friends on FITBIT that are also using a Surge. However, it appears the only things friends can see are steps taken?
Is there a work around this and/or is FITBIT going to update this so that we can at lease share data amongst our FITBIT friends?

I know 3rd party integration (Runkeeper/Mapmyrun...etc) does not allow that data to be shared.....but to at least be able to do it within the FITBIT program seems feasible.

Proby
Jogger

AGREED....I enjoy the fact that friends and relatives can "see" what I've done , and where I've been doing it....Excersise, is GREAT, and being able to show others what you've done, can actually get others interested and doind it as well, could mean for FITBIT SURGE SALES , for you all too.

yaroslavd
First Steps

I don't want to share all my info on Facebook. But every once in a while I want to share an activity (run/bike ride) on Facebook. Strava, Endomondo, etc. support this. Please implement this.

Hughesjt
Recovery Runner

I am trying to share Run data (Maps/Times/Distance) with friends on FITBIT that are also using a Surge. However, it appears the only things friends can see are steps taken?
Is there a work around this and/or is FITBIT going to update this so that we can at lease share data amongst our FITBIT friends?

I know 3rd party integration (Runkeeper/Mapmyrun...etc) does not allow that data to be shared.....but to at least be able to do it within the FITBIT program seems feasible.

Would also like to see the ability to Comment on Friends activities (Similar to Runkeeper/Mapmyrun..etc).

warmachine1
Jogger
OMG! Hughesjt is SOOO right. This is the best idea ever this should totally happen. Why is fitbit not doing this? Run keep does this. I can't believe fitbit hasn't figured this out! What the hell?
Status changed to: New
DerrickS
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

@yaroslavd That's a great idea, thanks for posting it. As an avid runner and an occasional Facebook user, it would be very cool to post my long runs every so often. I'll be sure to pass the idea on. Robot Happy

Sooperb666
Jogger
It would be great to be able to post our Fitbit workouts to Facebook... I do not use Twitter and since Fitbit doesn't count your steps if you use another fitness app during a workout would love the option to post to Facebook as I used to do with mapmyfitness etc.. Thanks! 😄
johnrdinicola
Base Runner
Need to try simply information for face book twitter, dont need entire dash board. Board. People just need to see. total feet for day and total for week/month. People are lazy pressing tab. People want see how friends are doing.
Fit bit users have 100's of friend great advertising. Keep real simple. You have 7 seconds and they are gone.
sales will go through the ceiling...
arreis
Base Runner

I second this. No interest in posting weekly stats, but I'd like to post my runs.

anwenkh
Recovery Runner

Run Keeper allows you to add activities to your friends.

For example, my parents often go for a walk together and my Dad maps it on his phone. He is interested in buying a Surge, but would like to then be able to 'add' the activity to my Mum's Fitbit account, so she doesn't need a Surge as well to be able to see the map of where they've been.

Hughesjt
Recovery Runner
It won't be able to do it. I just want fitbit to allow fitbit users to share activities (to include maps) with friends utilizing fitbit ddevics.
brianwestchest
Recovery Runner

Yes.  I'm surprised this isn't an option.  I just moved to Fitbit from Jawbone Up24 and I could post my workouts automatically via IFTTT.  The Fitbit channel there doesn't even have an trigger for a workout, only posting daily summaries.

I want to annoy all my friends with my workouts again.  Please do this.  

yaroslavd
First Steps

Is there any progress on this?

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.