Show walks/runs in Kilometers/miles per hour, not just in pace.

I think it would have extra value to see your pace from walks/runs in Kilometers per hour (or miles per hour for that matter). At the moment you can only see your pace,which for a lot of people is an unknown/underused metric. 

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

163 Comments
SallyPaddler
Recovery Runner

I agree with all of the above

nzjambo
First Steps

I would like to have a MPH option when walking. I think the pace option really is only for runners. Let’s do this. 

Cheer

zzseayzz
First Steps

Love the idea. It would also be very helpful while running and biking outdoors!

hammy4100
First Steps

the fitbit is great but the option to see mph instead of pace like the rest of the world would be great. who says i ran at 10 min pace instead of 6 mph. 

Elwen
First Steps

I would like to be able to see my speed while walking or running, or at least be able to look at the exercise graph and see how fast I was going at any one point in my workout.

DinoTunes
Stepping Up

Seconded

MLasee
First Steps

Every other fitness watch I have owned gives me the ability to see my pace as MPH. I’ve had my Ionic for only a week and not having this feature is making me consider returning my Fitbit and getting something else.

TobySadekoski
First Steps

I just bought the Ionic and was stunned by the fact that for real, run exercise doesn't have the option to see current speed in km/h or miles/h. Basically every other major brand has this even the basic models and apps.

I truly hope Fitbit fixes this, it's a basic function of a sportswatch. And not fixing this is a slap in the face for runners and same as pushing customers to buy for ex. Garmin products.

chrisok
First Steps

my previous device gave the alternative to see pace or speed in mph or kph.

can I request that this is offered in the next software update?

please 🙂

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @chrisok, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned.

BartMann
Stepping Up

I also was flabbergasted to see the option is there for bike but not for running. Why the difference? Create work for the developers?

chrisok
First Steps

I’ve been hoping this small addition would be implemented but there was just a revision of the app and there’s no sign of it in the update

its such a good (and simple ) idea , is there any reason NOT to include it?

thanks 

EffieGra
Jogger
Come on guys this is not rocket science “Just Do It !!!!"
EffieGra
Jogger

Just Do It !!!!

d-vine
Recovery Runner

Just do it!

Let's get on social if this problem / adjustment  if nothing happens for one more month....

I already did twitter.. they say check my link out..

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Ad-speed-with-km-h-or-mil-h-in-the-exercise-run-...

so keep this one also in the hotlist.

d-vine
Recovery Runner

Man Sad

puntzakfriet
First Steps

you would assume speed is there an an ionic, like the current time is also there, apparently you have to ask for it and till now i did not see any intention to get it implemented.

BartMann
Stepping Up

My last comment as i have ditched the literally stupid watch and switched back to Garmin (Fenix 5, i love it).

You all know that the GPS is not used while walking and running right (confirmed by Fitbit) ? Only with cycling (just as the speedometer).

I also ditched it because it crashed sometimes during an activity (mostly in the beginning of the run) but the last time after the quick restart i found out that it did not register my heart BPM. Had to reboot the watch.

hoeriksen
Stepping Up

"Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator

That’s an interesting idea and could be useful, thanks for sharing this suggestion."

This is not a suggestion that "could" be useful, this is a feature that is absolutely necessary for a lot of people (myself included). Please bumb this up on your priority list.

d-vine
Recovery Runner

Man Sad

StephaneVO
First Steps

Hi Guys,

I would love to know how fast I am running in km/h at a glance, not having to do maths !

EffieGra
Jogger

Why does fitbit ignore us on this???

The moderator says ............

"That’s an interesting idea and could be useful, thanks for sharing this suggestion."

This is much more than "an interesting idea" this is essential if you want to sell any more fitbits.

I cannot believe the intransigence of fitbit on this one.

I am looking for a substitute fitness tracker as we speak.

d-vine
Recovery Runner

Man Sad

Per-Martin
First Steps

I eagerly bought an Ionic yesterday... Today I discovered that it does NOT support speed (neither current og average). How is that possible? I took it for granted that this was a standard feature.

The provoking thing is that the Fitbit moderator answers "That’s an interesting idea and could be useful, thanks for sharing this suggestion."

Seriously?

I feel both angry and sad. Angry for being a fool not checking this on beforehand. And sad both on behalf of the Fitbit company that does not listen to its customers, and sad also for my Ionic watch which will not be used.

It's tempting to start a Dislike campaign against Fitbit on facebook or other social media - but I think I'll just focus on buying another watch and not use any more time on this mater anymore now that I have shared my anger and frustration with the arrogant moderator...

Have a nice day, all you other users!

d-vine
Recovery Runner

maybe you can respond to a tweet of mine also.

The only possibility is to go social now because they do nothing!

Let's retweet this one!

https://twitter.com/dvine2000/status/1098232942499975169

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.