Silent Alarm Option: Only Trigger Alarm When In Sleep Mode

I use my FitBit Flex's silent alarm to wake up in the morning, but many mornings I am actually already up and before that alarm goes off.

...since I'm already awake at that point - and have told my FitBit that, by taking it out of sleep mode - having the morning alarm go off in those instances is rather redundant.

It would be nice if there was an option on the silent alarm screen to specify that I only want this silent alarm to trigger if my FitBit is in sleep mode.

Seems like a simple enhacement that I - and perhaps others? - would definitely appreciate.

Moderator Edit: Updated label

6 Comments
RickRobb
Recovery Runner

This is a great idea. I've noticed that I tend to wake and rise before then as well. I'd love this feature.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
RickyFitbit
Cross-Country Runner

Lorneputnam
Recovery Runner

sorry but what about those who forget to put it into sleep mode and do not wake before the alarm then it wont go off causing them to sleep in?

nhelder
Jogger

Hi, Lorneputnam~

The idea is that this would be an optional checkbox that isn't checked by default.

If a person has a tendancy to forget to enable sleep mode when going to sleep, and they want to be sure that their silent alarm goes off, they would want to leave the checkbox unchecked.

- Nathan

amaril
Recovery Runner

I would like this option as well.

A few days ago the alarm went off when I'd been up for an hour or so already, and for just a second I thought I had made my 10.000 for the day already.... Smiley LOL

Status changed to: Released
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re very happy to let you know that this has been released on our Fitbit devices. Now the alarm on most Fitbit devices will turn off when you walk at least 50 steps. You can find more details about how to manage your alarms here.

@nhelder, in recognition of your excellent suggestion, each of your votes will now count as 5 votes – you have the power! Thank you for sharing this idea, and thanks to everyone who voted and commented for your enthusiasm which has now materialized for everyone’s benefit. We hope you all enjoy this new addition to the Fitbit product or service!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.