Ski/snowboard tracking app

I would like to see an app that would track important metrics when I snowboard, such as the 'Trace' app.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels 

37 Comments
hwally
Recovery Runner

Creating a ski tracker app for fitbit would be amazing and would increase sales for sure, I'm sure it can be relativity easy to create the app as well within an exercise shortcut as it would use similar functions to the bike tracking but would be great to add a few more details to it. Ski tracker app would be a great addition and i'm sure would be used by many that own fitbits especially the ionic

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Good idea, thanks for taking the time to share it with us @SurfingSARBoy. Keen to hear what others think?

Lozwhittaker
First Steps

I have just used the ski tracks app whilst away skiing which can be linked to the Apple Watch already but not Fitbit watches. It would be so helpful if the Fitbit could just be linked to an existing app and recognise the exercise you are doing!

Trixienorton
First Steps

ME TOO!  I’m a big downhill and XC skier, and I know the Fitbit doesn’t accurately track either one.

I’ve seen so many requests for XC skiinng, why isn’t Fitbit adding this?  I’ll definately add my vote for a downhill app as well.

skiier
First Steps

It would be nice to have a skiing app on the fitbit. I use an app on my phone but it would be great to be able to have an app on the fit bit collecting data on my skiing. having this linked to ski maps in the app would be even nicer showing where i have skiied and time on each run ect.

Willtaylor37
Jogger

Please add this. Can't believe there's no skiing app. Fitbit is behind with their apps. Garmin viviofit hr has a ski tracker. Sync with trace would be amazing

MoveThatStuff
First Steps

I'm sure XC and Downhill skiing/boarding would need two different applications, however at a minimum it would be helpful not to get a credit for :Floors Climbed while doing Downhill, otherwise it is a bit hard to compare activity. Today I walked equivalent of 20 floors, but yesterday I was on a lift for the equivalent of 55, which is a bit misleading. thank you

Giseeeee
First Steps

I love my Fitbit, i love to ski. But i dont think that Fitbit loves skiing. Because why arent there any options to track skiing? Can you please add them?

CBaeck
Keeping Pace

I would highly appreciate a Skiing profile for the Charge 3, similar to what is offered by Suunto or the iSki App.  

- Tracking of the route via GPS (smartphone) 

- number of downhill runs / lift rides

- downhill meters, downhill meters per minute

- max real speed (not only horizontal) 

- and of course the other relevant parameters like pulse etc.

A Mountainbike profile would look quite similar I guess...

I am seriously disappointed by finding out after purchasing the Charge 3 for Christmas that such a feature (obviously similar to the Apple Health integration) is missing.

kstammer79
Jogger

We need  way to track skiing and snowboarding. These are wonderful ways to exercise. Fitbit please catch up.

hwally
Recovery Runner
I’ve just checked and there has been a new ski app added called alpine snow.
Space_suitcase
First Steps

I would be more than happy with just an app integration with an existing ski tracking app. Something where it recognizes when your on a lift and doesn’t give you floors climbed for that. 

Adrusz
Recovery Runner

It would be wonderful to add skiing as an exercise. It would be useful if we could track runs with GPS and also it would be great if we could track the altitude in meters (ups and downs while skiing) as well. I also really recommend add ice-skating as an exercise. You should think about the winter sport lovers Smiley Happy

Space_suitcase
First Steps
Yes! Winter is the time where I need the most exercise motivation and fun
tracking apps would be so neat.
Coansha
Recovery Runner

Any updates regarding a ski / snowboarding tracking app? I’m sure it would absolutely increase sales and usability.

Also wondered if you could work together with CrossFit to log activities..I use sugar app which is their own app but it’s only manual input for times or reps.?

thanks. 

JtickyP
First Steps

I just bought versa too, I found this issue after boughy it. English is ok but it is not my mother lang. Almost people in our country still comfortable to type in thai lang so please focus on this.

wsski
First Steps

Looking to buy a sport watch. Friends recommend fitbit, but find out you don't support ski in the app. This is such a popular winter sport. Please add it.

SurfingSARBoy
Recovery Runner
Good luck. I’ve been 2 seasons without a way of tracking skiing, heading into a third. I can’t believe it would be difficult to put a mode into the fitness interface. Instead we get walk/hike and Pilates/yoga. Come on Fitbit, make an effort.
Coansha
Recovery Runner
We use ski tracks now for our ski tracks, even tracks your speed.
Fitbit are missing out on an opportunity to better their rivals here.
If a stand alone app can do it, Fitbit could.
walk-in-beauty
First Steps

I would like to add my name to this suggestion. We live in a ski/golf resort so most of my activity in the snow season is skiing. Happy to see the golf tracker already part of my Inspire HR, but would LOVE to complete the coverage with a ski/snowboarding tracker!

Jaxy33
Jogger

I had an old fit bit that I lost and I could track snowboarding. The versa 2 is Lacking the ability to track winter activities. Very disappointed.

EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Jaxy33, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here to keep this board organized.

AdrianBaldock
First Steps

Adding an activity for skiing would be really useful.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @AdrianBaldock! Great suggestion and thanks for explaining how useful an app for skiing would be for you. This feature suggestion was already requested in this board, so I’ve moved your post here. Don’t forget to post a comment and click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

alexmaka
First Steps

Yeah, I'm surprised there isn't an option for snowboarding by now. Even my old Samsung Gear S2 had it 😞

Bump! 😄

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.