Sleep Cylce Compatibility

There is this great app called Sleep cycles! I’ve used this app for ever and it’s revolutionized the way I wake up in the morning. Here’s how it works: you set your alarm -say 6:30- and during the times 6:00-6:30 it will wake you up when you are at your most woke period during the 30 minute time period. It is wonderful for waking up naturally and I can’t live without it! If Fitbit could make the app compatible with the alarm and sync the sleep already gathered from previous cycles that would be awesome!!! If it doesn’t I won’t die I’ll just use the Sleep Cycle app and rely on the stats provided by Fitbit! But it would be so cool if we could sync up the stats and have the alarm wake up when the app wakes you up!

Moderator edit: Labels 

7 Comments
Rich_Laue
Community Legend
kjk562
First Steps

Not completely because I’m asking for app compatibility with the sleep cylce app which has all my information. But I would like it to wake you up when you are at your lightest in your sleep cylce like that other article suggests

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

it sounds like your interested in having sleep cycles sync with your Fitbit account.

Have you asked sleep cycles of they would be able to do this? 

kjk562
First Steps

I have not! I was kinda hoping that posting on here would be good enough!

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

As long as Sleep Cycle sees it, it might be good. 

Fitbit has an open API and allows third parties like sleep cycle, myfitnesspal, etc connect to Fitbit. 

Fitbit is not responsible for the connection, leaving it up to the third party to connecrcv

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

That’s an interesting idea and could be useful, thanks for sharing this suggestion.

Status changed to: Third-Party App
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Thanks for sharing this suggestion. Our web API and smartwatch SDK are open which means that the service you are wanting can actually integrate with Fitbit. We’d encourage you to make this suggestion to the service and direct them to our existing API and SDK and resources such as the web dev API community. You will likely be able to email them via their contact us page or customer support, or they may have their own ideas board like this. Or encourage them to reach out to Fitbit directly. Thanks for your participation in the Feature Suggestion forums, we look forward to making Fitbit more useful for you.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.