Sleep Goals

I wish I could set sleep goals. As someone who works night shift I never sleep enough and this would be awesome to help me be healthier.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

16 Comments
tommardh
First Steps

I want to be able to set my sleeping goal so that I will get help to increase my sleeping time.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Absolutely. Practically, sleep is healthy and few of us get enough. Aesthetically, sleep function stands out on the dashboad and mobile apps as it's not a target to achieve.

tommardh
First Steps

@SunsetRunner, Can you explain your opinon further? I don't fully understand if the comment supports my idea or not, but I interpreted it is as you do not.    

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
@tommardh, By setting a sleep goal I assumed you meant being able to set a target like other things tracked by FitBit, such saying '8 hours of sleep a night'. Sleep is important and most people don't get enough. Setting a target would encourage fitbit users to get more rest. I further remarked that in it's current form, the sleep box on the dashboard is out of place, as it is one of the few things that is not a target and cannot be marked a achieved or completed. Setting a sleep goal would allow this box on the dashboard also to be a green smiley face of achievement.
tommardh
First Steps

@lizziej, Thanks for you reply. I agree; everything that you can track with fitbit, should be possible to also have as a target. 

Sandra_B
Recovery Runner

Ditto!  One of the reasons I bought this was for setting sleep goals.  I sleep fine once I get there, but I have trouble getting there.  I, too, would like to try to get 8 hours a night.  I'd love it if my Fitbit could help me achieve that.

jalm1
Keeping Pace

+1, Jawbone has actaully done a very good job of this., and is one reason i like their app. I get much better sleep stats and have a goal to target. 

mercurytw
First Steps

This seems like an obvious feature! Would love to see this in the future, even if tracking it is website-only and does not integrate as a trackable goal on the LED display Robot wink

Araninha
First Steps

This is the most important thing to track to me. I really want to be able to set goals for sleep and get feedback on how I've done.

jumpyg
Base Runner

Yes, please add sleep goal! It's the only metric on the app screen that doesn't show positive or negative feedback. I love that my other goals show green when I reach them.

I really think this could help me get a little more sleep each night, to at least be aware of whether or not I'm hitting my sleep goal.

Thanks!

HoveringBug
Stepping Up

I agree.  Badges for sleep would be nice as well.

Jwalkiiing
Recovery Runner

YES!!!!  I was looking for this!!  Added my +1 vote!  (also, I noticed the One wasn't on the list of labels - since it also tracks sleep, can we add it on there?)

Screen Shot 2015-03-27 at 9.54.08 AM.png

Mainer82
Recovery Runner

I'd like to have this as well.

Status changed to: Released
DerrickS
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

This feature request has been implemented!

You can set your sleep goals by visiting https://www.fitbit.com/, hovering your mouse over the sleep tile, clicking the gear icon that appears in the bottom left-hand corner of the tile, setting your sleep goal, and clicking save. Click here for additional information.

Thanks for posting on the Feature Request Board!

sunnyvale
First Steps

Instead of just having a minimum number of hours slept for a goal, it would be nice to be able to set a range (ie 7-9 hours). If my depression is coming back, I'll sleep much for much longer and take more naps, which can also be really unhealthy like getting too little sleep. I don't consider sleeping 11 hours to be accomplishing a sleep goal anymore than I would sleeping 4 hours, yet the former is counted as hitting the goal.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

heismant
Recovery Runner

To sleep too much is just as harmful as lack of sleep. Get sleep insights likewise «You sleep today more than yesterday. Keep going on!» is bed advise when someome slept more that 9 hours. 

Some persons have problem with sleep disorders, but some people have problem with oversleeping.

Dear Fitbit team,

Could you please consider to add feature to prevent oversleeping? Let's say, add goal to not sleep more than N hours. It would be very great!

Kind regards,

Hanna

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.