Sleep Heart rate Breakdown should be free feature

Sleep Score, including HR sleep graphs and the awake/restless/sleep graphs should not be part of Fitbit Premium for a couple reasons:

1) Nothing my Fitbit does or can do should be charged extra for, like heart rate monitoring & sleep graphs.

2) The HR Sleep graph should not be premium-only, it's simply your HR while asleep with the Resting HR comparisons, that should be free to anyone who has a HR-capable Fitbit. 

3) The most ridiculous premium-only feature is the restlessness graph. Come on. This is old Fitbit sleep technology prior to sleep stages, now we have to pay to see this simplistic graph. 

In summation, the Sleep Score features w/ graphs should not be Fitbit Premium features only.  If your Fitbit tracks this information, which it does, we should not have to pay to access these features. That is not right. All of the extra Premium features I understand charging more, because they are additional features/items that can be used in conjunction with your device. Sleep Score is not.

Fitbit, this needs to be corrected.

***Below I included a picture of the Sleeping HR Graph***

****Side note: Also it's been over a year and STILL no SpO2 sensor working, this is beyond explanation on their part and they refuse to give one either, same old party lines.

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity, format and labels.

IMG_9665.png

47 Comments
Mountaineer_47
First Steps

Need a graph of restlessness during sleep similar to the times awak graph 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Hi @Mountaineer_47 , thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re happy to let you know that this has been released on the app and the web dashboard as well. You can find out more here How do I track my sleep?. Thank you for sharing your ideas and enthusiasm with the community.

cph015
Runner

I'm a standard user, and sleep score and sleep graphs are included in the standard fitbit app.

THigginsWx
Base Runner

cph015, no they are not. The main graph & score is included but like I stated in the post, the sleeping HR graph & Restlessness graphs & breakdown are not included, refer to the picture I included below

THigginsWx
Base Runner

Here is a picture showing the locked graphs

IMG_0488.jpg

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @THigginsWx thank you for your suggestion and your feedback.  I have no doubt that others will like this idea.

Lisa_Jane
Jogger

I do not like that Fitbit is trying to get me to pay $7.99 a month to look at my sleep analysis. I don't like the sleep score. Fitbit had better get a clue and change the sleep function to the way it was before and dump the sleep score. If not I will not ever be a Fitbit customer again and I will not recommend it. Fitbit will go the way of Blockbuster Video- out of business. I am already looking at alternatives to Fitbit. The sleep function was very helpful before you ruined it with the sleep score and also trying to gouge users with a $7.99 a month fee.

DubyaK
Keeping Pace

You used to be able to view your sleeping heart rate. I know Fitbit is in dire straits financially, but it feels very shortsighted to turn off long time customers by charging them for features that they had been getting for free for years. I recently bought a Fitbit Versa expecting that I'd have access to the same Fitbit experience I'd  come to expect from Fitbit. Soon after purchasing the Versa, Premium was introduced. Had I known I'd be charged for features I used to get for free, I would not have bought another Fitbit -- I'd have tried an Apple Watch or Withings instead. Very annoyed.

deepxtz
Recovery Runner

3 Fitbit users in my family,

This is a new one for me... I am very disappointed with Fitbit, a lot of features missing, tones of improvements that are not taken in consideretions for years, and now this ??????????

Neah, this is our end with Fitbit, 3 users lost, and maybe others, I will never again recommend Fitbit to my friend and family.

From day 1 I have seen tons of improvements that Fitbit had to do and I hoped that things will move in the right way, but almost 1 year has passed and I see ZERO improvements... NOW IS TIME FOR ACTION and just buy something where they care more about thei customers.

In complete agreement with the poorly thought out (business?), decisions to move certain HR analysis metrics to the new Premium only features.  Your trackers, and for me over 4 years have been a Charge HR, 2 and now 3, have measured, stored and provided data analysis for free.  It’s a bad plan to offer devices with the hardware to measure it, but then mid stream begin to charge long time customers an extra monthly fee to read and evaluate that data.  If the code is there, and had previously allowed analysis, what is the justification ?

MikeJames
Jogger

Totally agree with this post. It's disgraceful to introduce features like this to free uses and then remove them, without warning, and make them available only to premium subscribers. How can I trust a company like Fitbit now? It's like buying a Big Mac and taking away the meat in my burger and the only way to get my meat back is to subscribe to a meat tax for the rest of my life. What's next? The Pickles too. Shameful Fitbit.

I'm going to save my coins for an Apple Watch. They may be expensive but are far superior and they offer much more compelling updates free of charge, with no subscription fees.

I'll also be telling everyone I know to stay away from FitBit. 

Townie140
Jogger

Perhaps this why fitbit one dashboard no longer shows. Time awake/restless as a seperaste item and dentures from your Tim e asleep! Can be asleep for 4 hours, awake restless for 2 but tells you you have been asleeep for 6 hours! No longer reliable! I was looking to upgrade to the new HR model, but not if I will have to pay extra for this feature! Another customer lost as I will replace with something else!

Kristina928
First Steps

Completely agree. Was paying $100 for the device not enough? This premium feature smells like greed to me 

Hotaru
Base Runner

Agreed. I've been using Ionic for two years and to be honest, I'm under the impression Fitbit has deducted functions instead of adding what they promised (they castrated Coach app moving exercises to paid option, no SpO2 functionality for two years and counting, notifications break regularlly) and now this...

THigginsWx
Base Runner

And also let's include the horrifically terrible Fitbit app on iOS now that iOS13 is out. We're 3 weeks in and still no update fixing it. It doesn't take this long to optimize an app.

Moderator edit: Format

Dmaclell
First Steps

My email to fitbit was in line with the original post. If they think they are going to charge me a monthly fee to access the full capability of their product they are sorely mistake . I will be happy to take my business elsewhere. 

Their response:

We appreciate your time contacting us. Allow us to assist you with your Premium concern. 

Before we go any further, we would like to inform you that we value you as one of our loyal customer here in Fitbit. Thank you for being with us. 

Fitbit Premium is a paid-for membership service that uses your Fitbit data to deliver personalized, actionable guidance and coaching to help.

For now, this newly released feature is a subscription process which needed to have an access to it. 

We're constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services, and we very much appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers.

The best place to make your voice heard is the Ideas board on our community (community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Requests/idb-p/features). 

If you find that a similar suggestion has already been made by another member of the community, you can vote for their idea and add your comments. 

If you have a follow up questions, let us know. 

My response:

The response was a non answer. I know what the premium service is, it is an attempt to extract more money from your most loyal supporters. If I wanted that kind of support I would have bought an apple product. Fitbit, you can do better.

TeaVan
First Steps

Agreed. Being sold the device and the metrics separately is not good business ethics.

Like visiting the doctor and having to pay for the visit, but he does not give you your diagnosis until you subscribe to his monthly diagnosis service...

rubyysg
First Steps

You should be able to log water from Fitbit charge 3

Corr
Sprinter

Hi @THigginsWx Probably I am totally missing the point. But I live in Europe and I can see the graphs for sleepstages. HR during sleep is visible via the tile for heart rate.

Am I missing your point or has this to do with having other laws in Europe that Fitbit has to follow?

clipboard_image_0.png

THigginsWx
Base Runner

@Corr

Hey, yeah you did miss what I was talking about, no worries. Yes, you do get the sleep graph showing the stages, BUT there are additional features like Sleep HR & Restlessness graphs. See my picture included above. There is a HR graph included on the site/app BUT the Sleep HR graph is different, it shows your resting HR and how often your HR is above & below it.

That is the issue, that should be free since it's what our device is tracking.

Moderator edit: Format

THigginsWx
Base Runner

@Dmaclell So typical. I have asked them about this 3 times and they NEVER give a clear answer, always a deflection & non answer. 

Moderator edit: Word choice and format.

Corr
Sprinter

@THigginsWx , thanks for the clarification 👍

deepxtz
Recovery Runner

Typically for Fitbit management,

In my country and in the EU, u can return the product if they don't specify this,

So because they don't specify this, I will return my products (3 of them), and I already made a complaint to Consumer protection authority and they replied that I have the right to return the products and receive my money back!

So this is my advice to all of you, official complain to the authorities and return the products.

Just speaking will not solve the problem, they are not doing anything, they don't care about us.

gogeyi
First Steps

I agree with the original post.

I was very disappointed to see that some of the sleep data is being put behind a paywall. I don't want any of the other premium features, so the price tag seems really steep just to get the most out of my sleep data. Please don't put data behind a paywall since that is why we bought the wearable in the first place.

nexxus007
Stepping Up

I agree with the post. At the very least, the sleep data should be taken out of premium. You can keep the other features in, personalised coach service, etc, but the sleep data should not be premium

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.