Smart Water Bottle that syncs with Fitbit

Since "smart" bottles are coming out this year, can't we get one that syncs with Fitbit.  I'd love to track my water consumption but it's not always convenient to get my phone out, open the app, find the water section, and slide to get close to how much I just drank.  Having it automatically sync like everything else would make me so much more efficient!

Moderator edit: added labels

21 Comments
likeaglove
Base Runner

I really want to get one of the smart water bottles that are coming out this year. I'm thinking about the H20-Pal, or maybe BluFit. It looks like they will be pretty affordable, between 50 and 80 dollars. Please make a partnership with H20-Pal and others so that their water bottles send data throughout the day about my drinking to Fitbit so I don't have to log it manually. I really want to drink enough water but am getting tired of logging 8oz manually. I've seen the partnership you have with FitTap which will let me scan an NFC tag when I drink water, but that's still more steps than I want to have to do. Especially since I'd rather not always have my phone out at work, or there are just times where my phone is just unavailable. A water bottle that syncs when near phone, then to Fitbit dashboard would be perfect! Thanks for voting if you also would like this option.

bencook
First Steps

You guys should consider developing a waterbottle that tracks water intake and wirelessly syncs it with your website along with the other products.

There is one bottle out there but it doesn't get good reviews - I bet you guys could make it work and sell a ton of them. Here is the kind of product I have in mind:
http://www.amazon.com/Sportline-Hydracoach-Intelligent-Water-Bottle-Blue/dp/B000O3Q6FG/ref=sr_1_1?ie...

bencook
First Steps

Maybe you could call it "Fitbit Aqua" or "Fitbit Agua"

MaJoRa
Jogger

Something automated like this is probably the only way I will ever track my water intake. I'd definitely purchase a product like this if it were released.

KatH
Jogger

I'd love this as well! And I'd even be okay with having it say Fitbit on it as advertising for fitbit.

beccainseattle
First Steps

I have had this same idea. I could see paying up to $60 for a water bottle that would wirelessly sync to my profile via bluetooth, which would complement the Fitbit Flex and Aria I have in my home. My husband and I have friendly competitions as to who can track the most steps and lose the most weight, competing to meet our water goal goes perfectly.

Imagine the marketing ~

• Introducing the Hydra(tm) Wireless Water Tracker, the last water bottle you'll ever buy.
  • Meet Hydra, drink more water, feel better. Only $59.95!

I hope you take this recommendation seriously. Thank you for your time and consideration.

MacWade
Runner

That is a cool idea.  Right now all I drink is water bottles so I know the exact fluid ounces and then make sure I log each one right when I finish it.  

apple132
Jogger

I like the idea of this but it would probably be expensive and in reality it's not that hard for me to re-use a water bottle and tap the numbers in when I finish it. Also I'm bound to have the odd drink from a mug or in a restaurant which then wouldn't get logged automatically. I couldn't justify buying it.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

That'll be a awesome bottle and makes much easier to track water intake.

It would be nice so it's heat resistant so its possible to drink tea / coffee as well. Smiley Happy

Status changed to: New
Mcore
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Thank you for contributing your idea to our Feature Request forum!

This post has been archived due to inactivity, and can no longer receive votes or comments. Any other ideas you might have, feel free to share them or vote for it if it is already suggested.

TiffanyLeigh
First Steps

I had this exact same thought. I forget how much I drink... I would love to have a cup or a bottle that auto syncs with the fitbit because I will never remember to go in and track it. It would also be great then if the app reminded me - "you've only had 32oz of water today, you're goal is [__]". 

Alexpage1111
First Steps

I agree, this could be a great idea with little cost, using a basic bottle design and a cheap tilt sensor, the onboard computer would be able to use the tilt angle v tilt time, to output the amount of liquid consumed. This would require very little space for both battery and computing power. While this would not, as mentioned earlier record tea, coffee anything drunk from another source, it would give the user the ability to record what ever liquid was used in the bottle, which could be only water, which would, regarding fitness, be the better option.  

Status changed to: New
LucyAP
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LucyAP
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

@eberhartmark It's time to drink more water! haha 🙂 That's a great idea! I would definitely benefit from this as well.

Thanks sharing your idea on the Feature Request Board!

Status changed to: Released
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

@eberhartmark I hope you are doing well! I'm really glad to let you know that the idea of having a "smart" water bottle to sync with your tracker is now implemented and ready to use and enjoy! Smiley Very Happy Take a look at the Thermos Hydration Bottle with Smart Lid app! This smart bottle will sync with your Fitbit account to track your water intake and meet your hydration goals! Awesome, right? Thank you for your suggestion! Feel free to give any feedback or comment on how this app works for you. Smiley Very Happy 

jeml756
Jogger

Does the  Smart Lid app only work with iPhones? No app for Androids?

lydiasc
First Steps

I have a Fitbit HD and a Thermos Smart Lid. They sync but I do not received any reminders despite being added to the settings.  Any suggestions. Thanks  

VickieLou
First Steps

When I click on the link for the Thermos hydration bottle, i get the message that it does not sync with my device.  I have the One.  Can you tell me which devices it does sync with?  Thinking of purchasing the new Alta.  Will that work?

Thanks

CyberRanger
First Steps

Same question that was asked on Feb 20.  Does Smart Lid app only work with Apple products?

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Also Oxmo and Hidrate 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Note that any smart water bottle would be able to integrate with us by using our Web API.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.