Smart reminders to move based on wake up time

At this time, the active hours are a set number of hours (from this time to this time) and function the same way all day every day.  My dad requested that I suggest an option to allow the Fitbit to automatically adjust the active hours based on an alarm or based on actual wake up time.  For example, you usually get up at 6:30am and have your active hours set for 7am-6pm, but tomorrow you will be getting up at 2am to finish packing and head to the airport.  The next day you'll be sleeping in by several hours due to the time difference.  It would be awesome if your active hours were a set number of hours (ex. 8 hours per day) but could automatically float around based on what time you get up in the morning (or night, for graveyard shifts!). 

Mod edit: title

6 Comments
MekliCZ
Recovery Runner

I just received Alta and I really like Reminders to Move. But there is a problem - when I go to bed later so I wake up later, I can't achieve all 9 hours green because I slept longer. Can you make Reminders to Move adaptive? First hour will be the one you wake up and then you will have to move 9 hours, the same as now.

Moderator Edit: Labels

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

@ClicketySnap Thanks for sharing your suggestion with us.

I agree it would be very useful adjusting the active hours to the schedule we have each day individually. We will see what other users think about this idea and once any update be available, it will be communicated as soon as possible. 

rynsley
Jogger

It would be cool to make it adaptive to when you wake up, but you could also feasibly do it so that you can set daily goals (depending on your schedule). For example, I work a standard M-F job, so I want my hours of movement to start at 7. However, I would want to set my weekends to start reminders at 9. I hate getting buzzed when I'm enjoying a lazy weekend morning. I still want to be active during the day, but I want to move the start time back.  

Mlle
First Steps

I also think it would be nice if I could tell my Fitbit app how many active hours I want to have each day, but not require them to be specific hours. If I’m up at 3am pacing with a baby and then sleep in past when my usual active hours are set so that I can function normally, I want that active time counted and not missed just because it wasn’t in a specific window of time.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this suggestion! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.