Start new messages directly from Sense series/Versa 3 and Versa 4 (Native SMS app)

Please, please create a native SMS app for the Fitbit Sense. If we can already reply from text messages that pop up in our notifications, then we should be able to have an SMS app. And make it so images from texts show up on our watch also!. This would be huge to pulling in more "smartwatch" consumers to your devices!
24 Comments
Trauma_Queen
First Steps

1000% agree. I keep searching the web for any announcement on being able to text from my Sense. It makes me want to just send it back to Fitbit and keep using my old Pebble Time watch. 

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Miscad, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having the option to start a new message directly from Fitbit Sense. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Deechte
Runner

Yes, I support this idea. And start phone calls from it too (of course Bluetooth calls has to be implemented first).

Miscad
Jogger

Yes ! Phone calls to

Tomhhqs23
Recovery Runner

This would be amazing.  A big factor in buying this watch was my assumption that I could.  I have a buyers remorse that I can't send initial text messages (only reply) or make phone calls (only receive).  I also thought I could use earbuds as a headset for phone calls (currenlty the OS only allows use of phone or watch - seem like a very easy add (I'll make another post)).

Edit: after enabling google assistant I can.  I would prefer the feature was native, I don't typically have google assistant enabled.

RxUGA2005
First Steps

I did not realize until reading these posts the limitations to the text, phone etc. I may send back and get a smartwatch. The only reason I bought the Fitbit Sense was the sleep monitoring features and integration with the App I've been using with my Fitbit One for years.

LeoH7166
Stepping Up

With pebble I am able to send sms voice or canned.

Cakemuncher
First Steps

Honestly I really wish you could do this it's now 2021 and you still can't text/ make phonecalls on the Fitbit sense which is a real shame as it's an almost perfect watch in fact if the sense could do 2 things I'd consider it the perfect watch and those things are 

Send texts/ phone calls

Have Google pay since you can't even use the Fitbit pay in England unless your with like 5 specific banks that I've never heard of.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Yes, please add text and calls directly from Fitbit sense. 

Doniellr
First Steps

Please do!  This my Sense is a much better quality than the Galaxy Active Watch I had. If I would've known I couldn't text like I did on my old watch  I wouldn't have gotten this one.  I miss being able to text from my watch so much! 

CecilyKitty
First Steps

Yes please!! I'm currently trying to decide between the Galaxy 4 watch & the Fitbit Sense. I reeeeeaaaaaaally want the Sense but the lack of calling & texting ability is making me think otherwise.

Judy_MD
First Steps

Yes. That would be an amazing feature to have the ability to start a text as well and have the ability to do more than a quick reply.  I work in a facility where phones are not allowed. So being a single mother this would help alot when communicating with the kids or family while working. I've been a fitbit user since the Blaze watch. But I have been doing research on other watches just for this feature alone. I love everything about fitbit but the communication features are just not up-to-date with today's technology. 

warrenginn
Jogger

I totally support thus feature. There are too many competing products that already offer this functionality. Please allow fitbit to complete in this market!

Nyla_
First Steps

We need this so bad. It's on so many other smart watches and it clearly has the capability to do it.

aventaylor
First Steps
Send messages on the Fitbit versa 3 so that we don't have to do quick replies
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @aventaylor, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having the option to start new messages directly from Fitbit Versa 3. I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

Cakemuncher
First Steps

Due to the fact I can't send messages directly from, My Fitbit is the reason I no longer use it. It just sits in my drawer now.  I've now moved over to a competitor as the watch is utterly useless as a smartwatch. The only positive thing for it is a battery life but at the end of the day my current watch goes on charge while I shower and by the time I get out, it's fully charged anyway

giri210995
Jogger
Dedicated Messages app to type and send new SMS messages
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @giri210995, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having a native SMS app to start new messages directly from your Fitbit device with us. I noticed that a similar idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestion board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

Justme2022
First Steps

I too use a competitor only because of the texting/phone feature.  I want to use Fitbit, but once again, without the features we have all grown accustomed to, what is the point?  Please make at least a dedicated texting feature so we can initiate texts.

thelynster
Jogger

I message Fitbit a few years ago asking why they don't have a watch that can make phone calls or text like the Apple watch.  I was told by someone at fitbit that it was something they were "working on ".  I have yet to see it.  I like the features of fitbit more than any other watches but one would think that they would be able to keep up with the times and provide such a watch. Very diasappointed that its taking so long.  Any idea as the when we may be able to see such a thing ?

suns23
First Steps
Smart watches should have the feature to text and call someone.
Scott337
Tempo Runner

Making a call relies in a SIM card in the smartwatch and a separate call / data plan with your carrier 

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @suns23, we wanted to let you know that the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Product Feedback Board. You can see them here where you can add your vote to those existing product feedback:

Please try to make sure you only post one idea per product feedback, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for. Thanks for participating in Product Feedback.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.