Stop Wallet setup notifications

I do not wish to use Fitbit Wallet and I do not plan to. I keep receiving notifications to set it up. I need an option to stop or opt out of these notifications.
119 Comments
DPerryret
First Steps

Please get rid of the fitbit wallet set up message!  I am not going to use this feature and the thought that I will have to deal with this message for ever more is making me not want a fitbit.  Looking for an alternative at this point.

abuckyy
Jogger

Please update the software to turn the wallet feature off.  I hate the constant notifications.  I am seriously considering moving away from Fitbit if this cannot be fixed.  It has been over 3 months since this thread started and no movement tells me Fitbit really doesn't care what we want.

pingreeman
Stepping Up

I hate this feature so much that I am strongly considering another smart watch. I do not use this - I carry plastic for a reason!

J4ta
Jogger

I, too, want to remove the wallet set up reminder. It’s not something I use, however I decided to set it up just to make the notifications go away, only to discover my bank is not supported so now every time I look at my watch to see what time it is, I first have to clear that incessant notification. It’s annoying. Maybe ask 10 times and if the answer is always no, then take the hint. We can still seek out the option and initiate it on our own. 

mdb3491
Jogger

All who hate the feature of wallet notifications, please place a vote that you support removing this feature, and maybe Fitbit will eventually remove this notification.

BayAreaDouglas
First Steps

I want to see what time it is and I see Set up Wallet. Crazy. who do I talk to? I want this removed !!!!

JClarkstonNMI
First Steps

I had to spend the time and energy to figure out hot to comment on this forum just so I could tell you how much I HATE the constant wallet notifications.  I spent over $200 just to receive tacky and annoying alerts all day for something I will never set up.  I loved my previous 2 Fitbit watches and was excited to upgrade.  Now I wish I hadn't.  Next time I buy a new activity tracker I will definitely be looking at other products that are not FITBIT.  This reminder is annoying and gets more annoying every time I have to see it.  I loved everything else about my Fitbit Sense but the constant marketing is not worth it.

DPerryret
First Steps
Agreed! Does anyone from Fitbit actually read these posts?

Sent from my iPhone
mannec
Recovery Runner
I don’t think so

Michelle Condrotte
Sent from my iPhone
pingreeman
Stepping Up

Today, I sold my Sense on eBay and bought a Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 so I can avoid the wallet notifications.

This apparently is the only solution offered by FitBit.

mdb3491
Jogger

Dear Fitbit,

How many complaints do you need to get, to update a feature (Make the wallet removable)? There have been 35 negative comments on this post, but it has only received 19 votes. You claim that for the fitbit team to look at adding/updating a feature, it must receive enough votes. As you can see from this string, one user even sold his fitbit, because he did not want to deal with the wallet notifications. There are other strings that also claim they hate the wallet feature, and wish there was an option to remove. You should update features based on the amount of negative feedback, and not base it on the number of votes.

gateswood
Hill Runner

I didn't know votes helped so I just came back and added my vote.

Obviously, Fitbit makes a kickback on every financial transaction completed with their latest and greatest stupidwatch and that must be the reason they are loathe to allow removal of the constant nag. I'm sure they assume every unhappy user will eventually cave and fall for the scam just to shut off the nags.

andrewrimmer
First Steps

The constant nagging is so frustrating! So many times I just want to see the time or my steps at a glance, and I get the nonsense about setting up the wallet.

I haven't been in a shop for over a year due to Covid, I really don't need to be pestered into setting up the wallet.

tennisfrap
Stepping Up

It really is time to stop these wallet notifications. They have interrupted my workout tracking and it is annoying getting them throughout the day. MAKE IT STOP! please.

Sdonohes
First Steps

Hate the wallet Notifications. 

Get rid of it.

RollinThruLife
First Steps

Agree!  stop the stupid unwarranted constant wallet notifications! I didn’t by a wallet, I bought an activity tracker!

Stop the nonsense, if people want it as a wallet they will seek that option out! I don’t ever plan to use this device as a wallet it’s an activity tracker for health, that’s it, that’s all I bought it for, that’s all I want it for. 

If you can’t comprehend that, I will watch for other brands that come out and jump off this ship! 

MrCWTPrime
Jogger

An what I mean by the comments is that there are searches and discussions about this on the internet going back farther than the comments found here.

SDN100
First Steps

Why isn’t this feature been taken off every 5 mins this set up wallet pops up everyday it’s getting a joke and Fitbit don’t care about it as I have reported it time and time again. All Fitbit say is we will look at this feature. It’s simple just remove it!!! So that’s fine if you don’t care then I will walk away from Fitbit and go to Apple instead. I don’t use my Fitbit as much because of this silly notification. You would think Fitbit will listen and want to keep their customers and not lose to other competitors? 

RollinThruLife
First Steps
Sylvia,
While you may not agree with his language of the topic, the content is spot
on!
You really need to realize we bought FITNESS trackers NOT wallets, and we
don’t want them as wallets.

All we want is the ability to turn of your stupid unsolicited notifications
that are irrelevant to us!
warrennj
First Steps

I'm really frustrated to hear that the first sign of any input from Fitbit on this thread was to remove a post that they felt was "not productive" because someone claimed the FitBit was not legally fit for purpose with this current issue.

Whether it's "legally" not fit for purpose or not I don't know, but from a UK trading standards perspective, I suspect that a watch that doesn't simply tell the user the time is perilously close to a breach.

This thread seems to have otherwise been entirely ignored by FitBit, which is also incredibly sad - how little time would it have taken for a moderator to have provided some feedback or input.

As there has been no effort put in on this support issue by Fitbit and the watch is a daily frustration to me - I'd genuinely like to know what option do I have but to change to another device?

warrennj
First Steps

Just before I was forced to set my Fitbit on fire and spend stupid money on an Apple Watch, I thought I'd try a full reset of everything....disconnected the Fitbit from my phone, unlinked it, reset the Fitbit and then went through the connection steps wit my phone again...

So far...about 6 hours in...not a single nag from the Wallet setup wizard...not holding my breath, but thought I'd post this just in case it is a solution and might help others. Shame I have to do the job of the Fitbit support team...

Fitbit - where do I send my invoice...?

mdb3491
Jogger

I know someone who owns a Fitbit Sense, and she does not get the notifications to srt up the wallet. Why doesn't the Versa have have the options to turn off Wallet notifications? Many people do not wanr or need the wallet.

SacScotty
Jogger

Please disable this feature.  It is SO ANNOYING

nicolevergez
First Steps

Please help! i need an answer on how to disable this notification which is popping up many times a day! it is very annoying i dont plan on using a wallet!!!!!! i agree that this will cause me to return the fitbit.

Mhicks123
First Steps

This notification is so aggravating I might stop using this watch altogether.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.