Stop Wallet setup notifications

I do not wish to use Fitbit Wallet and I do not plan to. I keep receiving notifications to set it up. I need an option to stop or opt out of these notifications.
119 Comments
gateswood
Hill Runner

I have a Sense. Although not concise in a step-by-step manner, I loosely followed some Versa instructions I found elsewhere in the forum early in June. Whatever I did killed the insidious wallet nag. Then I shut down the Sense for 2+ months and switched back to my old, simple and reliable Charge 2. I couldn't use the Sense because I couldn't install the insane excuse for a band fastener to my arm with one damaged hand in a cast. The dirt simple Charge 2 was not a problem.

After the wallet nag, that horrible new way to fasten a band is the Fitbit 2nd worst idea ever. It must be a Rube Goldberg invention that was found and resurrected by Fitbit.

I still haven't seen the wallet nag since recently booting up the Sense and putting it back into service.

Filosophical
Jogger

@gateswoodYou can buy other straps with normal fastenings on Amazon

such as https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dirrelo-Compatible-Replacement-Wristband-Breathable/dp/B094DHL58F/ref=sr_1_...

Here's the manual with detail on the shortcuts that seem to be the route to solving the wallet popup

https://help.fitbit.com/manuals/manual_sense_en_US.pdf

gateswood
Hill Runner

Thanks for the link but that's basically the same fouled up design that doesn't give you a loop to tuck the tail into like every other sensible watchband on the planet. You have to work the tail of this one back through and stuff it up underneath itself just like the idiotic Fitbit design. I guess they save a penny in production costs when they negate the loop.

Filosophical
Jogger

Mine does. Search for one with that in the picture.There are plenty.

Look on Fitbit.com accessories, loads of choice with what you're looking for

mdb3491
Jogger
The shortcut instructions for the Sense on the link you provided, https://help.fitbit.com/manuals/manual_sense_en_US.pdf, is very similar instructions for the Versa that I have. Setting shortcuts do not eliminate the frustrating popup reminding you to set up the Wallet. I do not want to use the Wallet. I will not enter any CC information into my Fitbit watch. This frustrating popup requires you to use your other hand to clear it, so you can see the time of day. If Fitbit does not eliminate this popup, I will never purchase another Fitbit. I will move over to an Apple watch,
Fitbit Sense User Manual
1. Fromtheclockface,swipeuptothebottomofthewidgets, andtapManage. 2. Tapthe>iconnexttothewidgetyouwanttoadjust. 3. Taptheswitchicon nexttoShowWidgettoturnitoff.
help.fitbit.com
Scooke743
First Steps

Yes, please turn this off. I am considering switching to a different smart watch because of it. These constant reminders decrease functionality. If I want to glance at my watch during a meeting to know what time it is- set up wallet! Want to know my heart rate during a work out? -set up wallet! It’s truly terrible. 

Nouhope
Recovery Runner

I am on my last Fitbit too. Apple Watch for Christmas is what I’m hoping for.

however, when I Remove the wallet app from the quick menus the problem went away.

On a Versa 3 swipe (right-to-left) to settings, tap, then swipe to shortcuts. 

You can configure what a single and double tap of the button will open. Replace the wallet for some other function. 

richardavatar
First Steps

I also want the Fitbit to stop telling me to set up the wallet - it is really annoying. I am surprised this is not already possible!

mdb3491
Jogger
If you remove the wallet from the screen that comes up when you double push the button, the request stops. It is just not clear in any instructions that this will eliminate it.

Regards,
Marvin Burns
richardavatar
First Steps

I’m not sure what you mean? I have tried double pressing the button on the left and it still keeps appearing

Best Regards

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

mdb3491
Jogger
You must go into settings, short cuts, and remove wallet from the 4 short cuts that appear when you double tap.

Regards,
Marvin Burns
warrennj
First Steps

All now sorted for me...bought an Apple watch.

Thanks for nothing, Fitbit...never again...

Nouhope
Recovery Runner
It’s on my Christmas list too
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Wallet is a useless feature and annoying with the popups.

I have a Sense and was about to take a hammer and smash it, luckily found this and have now hopefully turned the notifications off for good.

I will NEVER buy another fitbit product again.

Nouhope
Recovery Runner

On your versa, swipe to SETTINGS, scroll down to SHORTCUTS, then change/disable DOUBLE TAP settings. This fixed my 3 month battle with this problem. Fitbit chat couldn’t help me 🙂

p.s. I hate my Fitbit. I’ve been using Fitbit for five years and this is the worst device I’ve ever purchased. Santa is getting me an Apple Watch because of all my device issues. My device loses time, don’ loses connection, doesn’t display texts. It did count steps (that’s all it did consistently, I can’t depend on any other feature).

i highly recommend getting an Apple Watch!

Captaincookie
Jogger

I, too, Hate the fact that I have to go through "Set up wallet" notifications EVERY time I want to check ANYTHING on my Versa 3!

It is completely ridiculous and unnecessary not to mention annoying. There has to be a fix to this soon. Very soon. I do not, have not, and never will use the wallet feature.

Show us a fix ASAP!

mdb3491
Jogger
Remove the wallet from the shortcuts. Go to settings/shortcuts. Remove wallet from the 4 corners shortcuts and replace it with something else. This has eliminated the wallet from continuing popping up for me. Took forever to find this fix, and Fitbit was no help in finding the fix.

Regards,
Marvin Burns
mannec
Recovery Runner
Thank you Marvin. I will try this!

Michelle
niclab
Jogger

Uhg, every 3rd time I look at my new Sense it asks me to update my wallet, interrupting my effort to find my steps or other health information. I will NEVER use the Wallet feature, and it serves only to diminish my experience with my new Sense. I am very disappointed to learn that Fitbit gives user no option for removal.

gateswood
Hill Runner

You can get rid of this wallet garbage on a Sense using instructions found a page or two back in this thread. I can't tell you which ones but it can be done. See my old post up at the top of the page with my experience. It may take you a few tries but it's cheaper than smashing it with a hammer. But probably not as satisfying.

dangerlolo
First Steps

it's been a year and this still isn't resolved?!  get it together fitbit.  It's one thing to notify on the app, but to prevent me from looking at my wrist without clearing a notification is absolutely obnoxious.  Fitbit is for fitness not payment.  focus on your mission not just making a dime through some extra feature.

mdb3491
Jogger

On Versa 3, After much digging, and several comments, I found that the wallet reminder can be eliminated by going to:

Settings

Shortcuts

Select 4 shortcuts for each corner of the screen

Wallet app will likely show in one of the 4 corner options. Remove it and replace it with some other app.

This has eliminated the wallet reminder on a Versa 3. I do not understand why Fitbit does not offer this advice.

Captaincookie
Jogger
Finally got it figured out. Go to shortcuts and replace “wallet” with ANYTHING else. Problem solved. Good luck.👍🏻
Joe1981
First Steps

What a horribly annoying feature on this watch! Get rid of it!!! It’s driving me insane!

Xavierolas
First Steps

Please remove the annoying setup wallet notification from the fitbit sense, pronto!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.