Stream music during Premium audio workouts

Please allow us to stream music while playing a guided walk or run with a premium subscription. When I play audio coaching, it stops the workout if I try to pull up music or a podcast from an outside app.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject and updated label
43 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @carleeh, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about being able to stream music during your Premium audio workouts with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Stefanie42
First Steps

Fitbit Moderator. Please let me know if this will be an option. I have Premium that I am paying for and not hearing music is a deal breaker for me. Please let me know when this is an option and I will consider the paid membership again if I have not already found another app that addresses my needs. I am quite surprised you did not already include the music connection when you decided to shut down Coach. 

Keza2
Jogger

Yes I'm all for being able to stream my own music when doing a workout.

I enjoy it so much more 

dr.pshep
Jogger

Yes!  Please!  Or at least bring back Fitbit Radio.  

Kstorch1
First Steps

I agree.  Where there is already linkage with 3 streaming products (Pandora, Spotify and Deezer), seems like there should be a way to allow for music 

Utsav
Jogger

Yes, need atleast Fitbit Radio (like erstwhile Coach) if not background/integration with YT Music, Spotify etc.

Nwicks
First Steps

Same. I have paid for Fitbit premium. I used to use Fitbit coach a lot and loved that I could play Apple Music in the background. I can’t seem to do this now. This is a deal breaker and I want my money back. I will only use the workouts on Fitbit if I can’t listen to my own music. Also are the full range of Fitbit coach workouts available on Fitbit premium? 

Bradl316
Jogger

100% agree, would love to be able to listen to the music on my phone in the background of a audio/video workout especially as I have a workout playlist. Like many others have said, this is a dealbreaker for me also. Music that motivates makes exercising so much easier and enjoyable.

Akari74
Jogger

Agree and was looking for it!

Fitbit coach had it, please bring it back

Thoward2012
First Steps

I need music during the workouts. That’s one of the main reasons I paid for premium. When I went to use FitBit coach and saw it was no longer an option, and the workouts were now in the premium I paid for premium, only to find out there was no music. I was extremely disappointed. Soooo, I didn’t even do the workout. I went to another app where I could stream my music. If music continues to not be an option I will cancel my premium membership. 
If this is being looked into, what is the timeframe?

Sandipro
Walker

Definitely need to music while using Fitbit audio workouts

Akari74
Jogger

It is terrible to have these audio workouts and no music to listen to. I ended up not enjoying and not using them anymore. 

Naomi63
Recovery Runner

Oh no!!!!! I signed up for premium at Christmas and assumed I had not setup my charge 4 correctly and that was why I couldn't get music to play. This feature was available when I had a fitbit a couple of years ago. Extremely disappointed. Fitbit make enough without scrimping on this feature.

annt1226
Jogger

I agree. There are other fitness apps that allow you to stream your music in the background. This just seems like a crazy omission. 

SSNomad
Base Runner
Several of the audio workouts say things like "let the music drown out everything," or "keep up the pace with the music," and there is no music. There used to be music, but it got pulled out in the shift away from FitBit Coach. This is not so much a new suggestion, but fixing something broken.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SSNomad, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about streaming music during Premium audio workouts. We really appreciate your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

SSNomad
Base Runner

This is not at all what I meant and my comment does not belong here. These posts are for streaming your own music. I just want the music back that used to be in these workouts and was inexplicably removed when they were shifted to Premium from FitBit Coach. I just want the old music back. Is there any chance in the world this will be addressed? As I said, it's really a fix of a bug that was created when they "upgraded." Not a new service. Just put back what you had. Or at least move this comment. 

I believe that putting back the functionality that was once there should be a higher priority than adding new things. Aside from getting moved around and consolidated, what becomes of these posts? Does anything ever get changed? 

MarkoTzar
Jogger
Please allow to listen to music on your phone while listening to guided workout!
MarkoTzar
Jogger

Fitbit what is the point of having guided program while running with your headphones on and no music? Just a silence until coach says something. Im sorry but this is the biggest fail so far. We are paying premium and we can’t get such a basic feature to play our own music while listening to guided workout!

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @MarkoTzar, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about being able to play your music while doing Premium audio workouts with us. I noticed that a similar idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestion board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

Mandya89
First Steps

I, too, want to play my own music otherwise there's not reason for me to renew. 

mhaddenr
First Steps

Couldn’t agree more!

so disappointing no music

ill be returning to Aaptiv if not resolved

Aviv8
First Steps

Yes please!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I'm in a trial period.  I may not purchase if not able to listen to my music during the audio workouts.

Fitbit Coach had this ability.  The music would fade when the trainer spoke.

Silence during the times they're not speaking is boring me.  I'd rather listen to music. 

MarkoTzar
Jogger
Excatly! Fitbit please bring back this point!!!!
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.