Stronger Vibration When Different Goals Are Achieved eg Stairs

Summary:

1.  If you have FitBit Flex or Force, you know how cool it is to be 'buzzed' when you reach 10k steps.

2.  FitBit dev team, please add vibration 'celebration' for FitBit One "Steps" goal

3.  FitBit dev team, please add vibration 'celebration' for all devices for achieving "Stairs Climbed" and "Active Minutes" goal

Click "VOTE UP" if you think this feature would be useful to you.

I bought a Force, but returned it due to the thicker clasp and inaccuracy on Steps & Active Minutes (tried dom, non-dom hands/mods) compared to the One which is very accurate on my hip.

The only thing I miss about the Force is the buzzing at 10,000 steps.   It's a great little version of "Hooray" that is quite motivating.  Much more so than silently counting past my goal as the One does.  It doesn't make sense that the One, while having a buzzing capability via Alarm Clock, does not buzz when I reach 10,000 steps.

A simple firmware update would enable this awesome feature, and then the choice between the two would be if you want a watch or a clip style FitBit.  It would also be AWESOME for all buzz-capable devices to have buzzing celebrations for reaching the goals "Stairs Climbed" and "Active Minutes".  These are two distinct fields from steps taken.  Of course you could easily add "Calories Burned", which would be cool too.

Please keep improving your devices through firmware and don't leave us loyal One users behind!

Moderator edit: Edited title for clarity. Labels

68 Comments
Tastysnack
Jogger
I would love it! I used to have the flex but started to get rashes on my arm. Would love my victory buzz.
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

I think this is a great idea! Having a way to set up secondary goals would be really cool as we all want to hit each goal. To have a celebration on the tracker when other goals like stairs, active minutes, calories burned, etc. would be a great way to keep our motivation up. I voted for this idea, hopefully we will see it implemented in the nearest future. Thanks for your suggestion. 

Cheekychicken01
First Steps
Very disappointed it does vibrate when reaching goals. I take it Fitbit don't really care as this voting has been going a while and I only purchase today and still no vibrate 😖 Very disappointed
mhoffrob
Stepping Up

yes please!  I don't sync to my phone that often and would love a vibration alert.  Would also really love to have a vibration alert when inactive for @XX minutes . . . 

QueenV
First Steps

Please add the vibration feature when achieving a goal to the Fitbit One.

QueenV
First Steps

Yes, please add the vibration feature to the Fitbit One when reaching a goal.

jenzz312
Stepping Up

I would like the option of having a secondary goal.  I will walk more steps on weekends and would like the option of setting a different goal for weekends than the working week.  

I would also like to know when I walk an extra 10,000 steps- I would like notifications/vibration for every 10,000 steps I acheive in a day

SuzanneMcG
First Steps
I love getting the alarm when I hit my 10k. It would be motivating to get additional alarms when you push past your goal. Say one for each 5k beyond goal.
AliciaV99
First Steps
Would love it to vibrate when step goal is met!!
SinisterSpatula
First Steps

It's been 2.5 years since this idea was asked for.  How many more likes does it need to get approved?  It is such a simple thing to implement.  It would take a dev no more than 10 minutes to add this functionality.  It's really a feature that it should have shipped with, and not something the users should have to beg for almost 3 years to get.  It's the kind of thing that turns me off of the brand and the company and makes me re-think my next activity tracker purchase.

Lpss
First Steps
It will be great 👍 to have the vibrate at 10,000
SinisterSpatula
First Steps

3 years later and still no vibrate when meeting your goal on the Fitbit one eh?  I guess I have to speak with my wallet and say that the scale and the one will be my last purchases of your devices.  Such a shame.

reddragonrph
First Steps

I'd love secondary goals, so that you can have your daily step goal but also a weekly step goal.  That way if you miss one day but still make the weekly goal, it shows up on your weekly report as achieved.

Also, it would be nice if you could set different goals for each day:  some days are lifting days, so I would get fewer steps on those days.  Would be nice if it didn't look like I was slackin' on those days.

HyperNinjaZX
Base Runner

I've always wanted this since I got my blaze!!

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

KitKatAttack
First Steps

I really like this idea! My mom wants her fitbit to celebrate when she gets 10,000 steps and to celebrate when she gets 20,000 steps. I like the idea of being able to set up when you want your fitbit to buzz and celebrate. 

ramonsuarez
Recovery Runner
The alarm should be longer and stronger, like the after you are finished inhaling in Relax.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @ramonsuarez, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to apply a stronger vibration to exercise goals. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.