Support Food Plans with a weight gain goal

Not everybody wants to lose weight. Some want to gain weight and build muscle.

Moderator edit: added label

157 Comments
Weaverdh
Stepping Up

I have stopped using my fitbit simply because it does not offer weight gain as an option.  I find it astounding that it even got to market without this feature built in and even worse that it does not stipulate this limitation on the box.

I would not have bought it had I known but I didn't think for a second that this feature would be missing.  Currently I think it should be called the 'Dietbit', because it isn't doing a **ahem** thing to help with my fitness regime that involves weight gain. 

Hugo_Mendez
First Steps

My dad gave me a fitbit for Christmas and I am very dissapointed that people have been asking for this for over a year and still nothing has been done about it. I am a football player and I am always looking for healthy gains and this device simply can't satisfy my customer needs. Smiley Sad

Jason-G
First Steps

Obviously they mis labled their product they should have gone with weight loss bit and not use the word fit. It would be nice to incorporate fitness into this product without having to lose weight. I thought fitbit was better then just another weight loss gimic.

gabiplumm
First Steps

I was told I was already on a plan when I went to begin one, but I didn't know, I didn't set one up and I would like to increase weight and activity. There seems to be nothing that caters for this.

Gabi

Woostigger
Strider

Has anyone heard if fitbit has weight gain goals as a possibility?

I know my wife is wanting to maintain fitness but also gain weight.  It would be nice to see Fitbit encourage our goals regardless of which direction they are.

Leniwm1
Jogger

I agree! Please add ability for weight gain. Im sure its simple, just more '+' than '-'. I guess for now we can delete the weight loss from the dashboard and just continue to log in the calories eaten section, all the while knowing what are goals are. Because for us that are serious about muscle gain, we should be counting the macros anyhow on our own, this would make it more "fun" to track,

Woostigger
Strider

My wife is a Nurse and she is all over the place throughout the day.  Constantly she needs reminded to eat, breaks as a Nurse seem non existent.  Anything to keep her focused on taking care to eat enough to maintain her weight or even increase her weight when she is underweight is a good thing.

JHollar
First Steps

I am new to Fitbit and am glad to see that this suggestion was made, however; given that it was made in 2013 and still hasn't been implemented is disappointing.  I hope that the developers will make this a priority for 2015.

Clash_Gordon
Jogger

Any update to being able to set Calorie goals and weight goals for weight gain?  I'm frustrated that this has been a discussion topic for over a year, and yet no changes have been made to the dashboard.  

Weight loss has never been my problem, and as I'm currently on a training plan that requires me to consume 3000+ calories a day, it would be great if I could manually adjust my target caloric intake to a custom number.  

FlippedyFlip
First Steps
Please support weight gain as a goal and ability to monitor it. Not everyone I on a diet and gaining/ Monitoring weight is needed for certain fitness regime and health requirements 🙂
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I was really suprised a fitness device this developed does not support weight gain tracking. 

Is this a priority for fitbit? Can the team give us an idea when will we see this feature added?

Jamie_Walton
First Steps

I would love to use this app to help me gain weight (muscle not fat). Thanks!

dhruv_shah
First Steps

It should have Multiple Targets with Condition Setable.

1. The way it has weight loss target and suggestions, it should give weight gain target also. 

2. More & more people are getting higher Cholestrol, FitBit should have target with following selection. 

- Weight Gain/ Weight Loss

- Type of Food (Vegetarean / Non vegetarean/ Vegan)

- Higher cholestrol / Normal

- Higher diabetese / Normal

Its just simple algoritham but will make FitBit perfect fitness & health companion. Excellent to counter Apple iWatch. 

Dhruv Shah

KendraMN
Recovery Runner

I too would like the option to gain weight.  I hate it when my dashboard is red cause I'm over in calories when *really* thats my goal.

gainer
Stepping Up
As a 1 to 2 percenter, I too would like to see Fitbit upgrade with weight gain. It appears this question have be posed to Fitbit for awhile. So my question is: WHEN WILL YOU BE DOING AN UPDATE FOR ALL OF US WHO WHAT TO GAIN WEIGHT IN AN HEALTHY MANNER? Sure we can be in the red all the time but who wants that! Come on Fitbit, get your stuff together!
redmosaic
Jogger

Adding my vote for a weight gain friendly update for Fitbit!

ACliveA
Stepping Up

This can't be a difficult thing to add on, they just need to use the existing framework for weight loss and change it slightly for gain.  Come on Fitbit this is much sought after.

NxJNightHawk
First Steps

Agreed on this. I bought a Fitbit Charge HR today as part of my attempts to bulk up, and while the heartrate and calorie features are useful to see what I'm burning, the fact the app doesn't support setting up a weight gain plan for my calorie intake so I can figure out exactly how much I need in surplus of my burned cals is extremely annoying. I'm going to give the Charge a week to try out, but if the lack of weight gain options on the app become a problem, I'll be returning it for a nikefuel band or similar.

Please add this feature in already!

EphemeralApogee
Stepping Up

I agree with almost all of the posts above, especially the one mentioning that going over your calories per day with a red gauge saying something bad is going on. I really would like to see the opposite, in the red being a caloric deficiency. I'm an ex-anorexic and really don't need to see going over as 'bad.' If you want to keep red as bad, let us set up our dashboard to read something like x calories we still need to eat today. A protein, carbohydrate, and fat goal with an option to see the target ratio would be very helpful too.

NelsonB
First Steps

I've just got this thing as a gift, and was excited to try it out, but now am feeling let down. This discussion was started in 2013 so this must mean the developers simply do not care.

Does anyone know of a true fit device that will allow weight gain as a goal? I wanted to upgrade from this old Ultra gift, but it seems that would be not as usefull as I first thought. Very sad, fitbit devs. 😞

Dubax
First Steps

Just chiming in to voice my support.  I would be very happy if the app supported weight gain... right now, I just make sure and eat more calories than the app tells me to, but it makes me feel bad about it!

PhordPrefect
First Steps

I agree. Pleas add support for weight gainers!

Djess94
First Steps
JLMcK4
Jogger

Honestly, this is kind of sad that the original post was made a year and a half ago and in that time FitBit has not been able to add this feature. I'm not a techy and I don't know much about coding, but is it honestly that hard to integrate this? FitBit is missing out on a fairly large demographic by not including this.

SBL01742
Jogger
I wanted to lose 5 lbs to get to a weight I considered healthy. I rapidly lost 8 lbs and in fact want to add 3 lbs. There is no way to set daily weight loss targets to 0 cal or even calorie gain. It is not a given that all weight management involves continuous loss. Please provide more options and flexibility.
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.