'Syncing' Indication on tracker screen

I would like to see an option, or just implementation of a device syncing screen so that the user can see that not only the phone/PC app thinks it is syncing, but the tracker thinks it is too.

On trackers like the Charge, Charge HR and One this could be the word 'SYNC' displayed on the tracker screen and the Surge could have a SYNC icon with the Flex having a light combination, either static or changing.

This could possibly be expanded to a device connected icon too for the likes of the Fitbit Surge.

This also provides diagnostic aid to users if they a encountering connection and or sync issues.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

| Fitbit Sense 2 Aria
| Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra (One UI 4.1 (Android 12))
| Windows 11 (32-bit Laptop)
5 Comments
Thomash
Jogger

Can you please add more images or allow another appliction with them to interface with Fitbit?

mbrett
Tempo Runner

@Thomash Please can you explain what you mean further.

I think I understand the images request if you mean adding a 'BT connected' image, a 'BT syncing' image and a 'charged' image to the current 'connected to external power source' image (lightning bolt).

What do you mean by another application?

Thomash
Jogger

I meant that i would more images to be directly accessible from Fitbit when messaging or a sister application that integrates with Fitbit that would all this functionality! 

Moderator edit: Removed email signature.

Radeke
Jogger

I think this is a great idea. I have had to do the turn fitbit off then on just to get it to sync. It would be great to know if it is not syncing. Expecially when I try to manually sync.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
RobertoME
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi there! This is a pretty cool idea. Whit this would be possible to know the syncing progress of the tracker. Please keep on voting to get the developers attention.

Thanks for posting and sharing ideas.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.